TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cleveland TFI 2135 Putters

STUDque

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=LlOlAb5ufmI

I thought the tech and reasoning behind this new design was pretty cool. As a result, they've created a radically different line of head models that reminds me of space ships.

The photos I found came from another forum so I won't link them.

Edit: Just kidding. Didn't see MGS blog post. This one caught my eye:IMG_4888.JPG

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

The position of the alignment line has been around for a couple of years. What is new in the putters is the face milling patterns and how much material makes contact with the ball. Follows along with Evnroll and Ping faces. The interesting difference is the milling pattern varies based on blade or mallet design due to sweet spot size.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was looking at the old TFI 2135'so so I will definitely be giving these a long look. Love the RHO shape, these bad boys look awesome.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I have the older model 2135 1.0 and it was an amazing putter, idk why I ever took it out of the bag. I guess I just like new things. A lot of people didn't like the contrasting black/white/copper look on the face, but I thought it looked great. I'm excited to see how this new line performs with the milling.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

These look a lot better than the Black/White/Copper.  

The HB models are great putters - these should do much better than the Black.  

:taylormade-small:  M3 460 9.5* - ACCRA TZ6 M5

:callaway-small:  X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X

TaylorMade Jetspeed 19* w Matrix HM9

Mizuno MP-63 4-P Project X 6.0

Cleveland RTX4 - 50, 54, 60

:odyssey-small:  Toulon Portland w P2 React Grip

:titelist-small: 2019 Players 4 -  :titelist-small: Pro V1

I had to play my Cleveland 38" Almost Belly today and I putted VERY well with it! It was a great putter for me, so I may have to keep it in circulation AND look at a new 2135 CB!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Cleveland always has a good putter at a great price point.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I would love to have the original 2135 8.0 CB 38", and compare it to my Almost Belly, and against the new 2135 that has come out. I really want to see if the grooves make a noticeable difference on distance and proximity, and is, therefore, worth buying the new model over the previous one. I guess an Evnroll-type test would be a way to determine the answer.

Been putting with the 8.0 for the last 3 rounds - it's totally ill-fitting at 35" and way too upright, but damn it putts a nice roll on the ball. It has a 405 gram head and a 148 gram grip and is VERY easy to make a smooth stroke. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Been putting with the 8.0 for the last 3 rounds - it's totally ill-fitting at 35" and way too upright, but damn it putts a nice roll on the ball. It has a 405 gram head and a 148 gram grip and is VERY easy to make a smooth stroke.

Have you tried the original 2135 8.0?

Have you tried the original 2135 8.0?

Never for real -- have rolled it in stores though. I've always liked Cleveland putters - would LOVE to see them bring back their #2, which is like Odyssey's #9 model.  Love that look...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

• 3 weeks later...

Has anybody gamed one of these yet? Rolled one in a store? They haven't made their way north of the border yet....

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had a chance to roll a few of these bad boys as they have finally made their way north. Spent 10-15 minutes comparing the 3 models against each other, as well as the HB #6 they also had. A few impressions...

Elevado (counter balanced)- Too heavy for me. I had never swung a counter balanced putter before, but the weight just felt off and weird. I am sure it works for some people, not for me.

Cero- I really liked. The alignment aid was fantastic and I felt like I was lined up perfectly everytime. Easy to stroke and I put some great roll on putts. I strongly considered a purchase, I was rolling the ball right on line. Packs a bit more punch than my current putter, I would have to make sure I was dialed in on shorter putts (might require using left hand low or something). 

RHO- I wanted to like it. It looks so cool, seems neat, I wanted to love it. But I couldn't. Looking down from above it seemed too busy and distracted me from being in the proper spot. Again, this won't be everyone's experience but I just couldn't get the result I wanted. 

HB- Not as big a fan. Just couldn't seem to get a stroke I wanted. Heavier than I expected. Didn't spend as much time with this one though.

I think when I am ready to buy a new putter, it'll be hard to talk me out of the Cero. So easy to line up, easy to swing, great roll. I was also considering an MLA putter, but I dislike buying anything I can't try out first (although I know how much our forum members have raved about them). 

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Has anybody gamed one of these yet? Rolled one in a store? They haven't made their way north of the border yet....

Yep. It's a great putter. Have the Satin cero. Love the way it feels and sets up. Go back and forth between it and my ER5. Haven't decided which I like better. The feel of the Cleveland is far superior in my opinion but the EVNROLL is awesome.

I'm really excited to try these at the Cleveland fitting next month. The Cero is sweet, but something about that Rho catches my eye.

I currently have a milled wide body blade that I love, but it'll be fun to compare to a high tech putter

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• 1 month later...

For me it is Cero. Have both last years and the latest versions. Point and shoot putter for me. Nice weight, great feel. Every putt looks like it is going in the cup. It also helps me aim better. Overall a terrific putter at a great price

I'm going to more detail on my final review of the Cleveland trip, but i ended going with the 38 inch Elevado CB. Inside 5 feet, it almost felt automatic.

I did like the 8.0 CB, but I already have a wide body blade, and wanted to expand my repertoire.

I have tried counterbalanced putters before, but never really “got it“, didn't know I needed to have the grip extend past my hands to get the true feel.

Based on this, I almost want to throw extended grip on my widebody blade, that is actually heavier than the elevado, to see if it makes any difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&noapp=1&v=LlOlAb5ufmI

I thought the tech and reasoning behind this new design was pretty cool. As a result, they've created a radically different line of head models that reminds me of space ships.

The photos I found came from another forum so I won't link them.

Edit: Just kidding. Didn't see MGS blog post. This one caught my eye:attachicon.gifIMG_4888.JPG

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

niiicccee

Bags

If anyone is hunting for a putter in the off-season don't over look this 2135 line. They really are legit in assisting you in striking the ball right where you should. Plus comparatively they are cheap. Had one of the original 2135s in my bag till my kid stole it. She putted so well with it I couldn't take it back from her.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

If anyone is hunting for a putter in the off-season don't over look this 2135 line. They really are legit in assisting you in striking the ball right where you should. Plus comparatively they are cheap. Had one of the original 2135s in my bag till my kid stole it. She putted so well with it I couldn't take it back from her.

Welp, guess you gotta get a new one! Which one did she procure from your bag?

2135 8.0,,, it had the NSNR 'I think that is the name' grip. The 160 g version. Putter was money. I made my self a Maltby Pure Track Tour Milled putter that has been an incredible replacement but I may have to find another 2135. Big fan of a counter balanced putter.

Like mcaseym I will look to write more about it in a future Cleveland review thread, but I ended up with the TFI Cero and am liking it so far. Almost ended up with the Rho but went with the Cero instead primarily because the Rho looked like I was delofting the putter at address. This is a good lineup! Really like the visuals on the alignment aid.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

Like mcaseym I will look to write more about it in a future Cleveland review thread, but I ended up with the TFI Cero and am liking it so far. Almost ended up with the Rho but went with the Cero instead primarily because the Rho looked like I was delofting the putter at address. This is a good lineup! Really like the visuals on the alignment aid.

When I was putting these around at the store I had trouble with the RHO as well. It's a very busy putter and created some weird looks for me. 

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

I went for a putter fitting thinking I'd be matched up with another blade style and offset (previously playing a Ping Sigma G Anser). After some alignment checks and video of my stroke I ended up with a 2135 Mezzo centre shafted mid mallet in my hands. Amazing putter. Face and counter balanced, it's completely the other end of the scale from everything I've ever played. I'm a big fan of the feel off the face and the alignment aid, while not game changing, is still real easy to setup over. I spent an hour and a half with my fitter and learnt I was a SBST stroke and left eye dominant right hander. You don't have to pay the big bucks to get great equipment. Cleveland make a quality product and the money I saved on an off the shelf flat stick was best spent on a fitting. Try them out, they are a great putter

<p><strong>Driver: </strong><em>Ping G400 Max 9*</em><em>, VTS silver S </em><strong>Fairway 5: </strong><em>Cobra F7, VTS silver S</em><strong>Hybrid 4: </strong><em>Ping G400, VTS silver S</em><strong>Irons 5-PW: </strong><em>Srixon Z765, Steelfiber i110cw</em><strong>Wedges:</strong> <em>Grindworks 50F/56F/60F 86 Series</em><strong>Putter: </strong><em>Evnroll ER2 CS</em><strong>Bag/ Buggy:</strong><em> Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold</em><strong>Ball: </strong><em>Q Star Tour</em>

Archived