26 replies to this topic

#16 djahubes

djahubes

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 407 posts
  • Handicap:10

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:06 PM

Has anybody gamed one of these yet? Rolled one in a store? They haven't made their way north of the border yet....

Yep. It’s a great putter. Have the Satin cero. Love the way it feels and sets up. Go back and forth between it and my ER5. Haven’t decided which I like better. The feel of the Cleveland is far superior in my opinion but the EVNROLL is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#17 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA
  • Handicap:20+

Posted 06 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

I’m really excited to try these at the Cleveland fitting next month. The Cero is sweet, but something about that Rho catches my eye.
I currently have a milled wide body blade that I love, but it’ll be fun to compare to a high tech putter

What's in my IMG_3072.PNG bag:

Driver: :cobra-small:  Fly-Z+ 10° Aldila Tour Blue 75X

Fairway  :cleveland-small:  Launcher HB 15° 
Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 16.5° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Hybrid:    :cleveland-small:  Launcher HB 19° 

Irons:   :cleveland-small:  CBX 4i - PW, TT DG S300 HS 1x
Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX 50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S300 HS 1x

Putter:  IMG_3071.JPG Honey Badger 34"  &   :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Elevado 38" CB

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star 

#18 iron2850

iron2850

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Handicap:6

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

For me it is Cero. Have both last years and the latest versions. Point and shoot putter for me. Nice weight, great feel. Every putt looks like it is going in the cup. It also helps me aim better. Overall a terrific putter at a great price

#19 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 24 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

I’m going to more detail on my final review of the Cleveland trip, but i ended going with the 38 inch Elevado CB. Inside 5 feet, it almost felt automatic.
I did like the 8.0 CB, but I already have a wide body blade, and wanted to expand my repertoire.
I have tried counterbalanced putters before, but never really “got it“, didn’t know I needed to have the grip extend past my hands to get the true feel.
Based on this, I almost want to throw extended grip on my widebody blade, that is actually heavier than the elevado, to see if it makes any difference.

Putter:  IMG_3071.JPG Honey Badger 34"  &   :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Elevado 38" CB

#20 Bags

Bags

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:02 AM

I thought the tech and reasoning behind this new design was pretty cool. As a result, they've created a radically different line of head models that reminds me of space ships.

The photos I found came from another forum so I won't link them.

Edit: Just kidding. Didn't see MGS blog post. This one caught my eye:attachicon.gifIMG_4888.JPG

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

niiicccee

Bags

#21 Popeye64

Popeye64

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 08:24 AM

If anyone is hunting for a putter in the off-season don't over look this 2135 line. They really are legit in assisting you in striking the ball right where you should. Plus comparatively they are cheap. Had one of the original 2135s in my bag till my kid stole it. She putted so well with it I couldn't take it back from her.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

#22 McaseyM

McaseyM

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:10 AM

If anyone is hunting for a putter in the off-season don't over look this 2135 line. They really are legit in assisting you in striking the ball right where you should. Plus comparatively they are cheap. Had one of the original 2135s in my bag till my kid stole it. She putted so well with it I couldn't take it back from her.

Welp, guess you gotta get a new one! Which one did she procure from your bag?

#23 Popeye64

Popeye64

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 06:17 AM

2135 8.0,,, it had the NSNR 'I think that is the name' grip. The 160 g version. Putter was money. I made my self a Maltby Pure Track Tour Milled putter that has been an incredible replacement but I may have to find another 2135. Big fan of a counter balanced putter.

#24 Jiro

Jiro

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 774 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Handicap:23

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:06 PM

Like mcaseym I will look to write more about it in a future Cleveland review thread, but I ended up with the TFI Cero and am liking it so far. Almost ended up with the Rho but went with the Cero instead primarily because the Rho looked like I was delofting the putter at address. This is a good lineup! Really like the visuals on the alignment aid.

:cleveland-small: Launcher HB Driver 10.5* | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 5W | :cleveland-small: Launcher HB 3H and 4H | :cleveland-small: Launcher CBX Irons 5-PW | :cleveland-small: CBX Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* | :cleveland-small: TFI 2135 Cero Putter | :srixon-small: Q Star Balls

#25 bullldog

bullldog

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • LocationWichita Ks
  • Handicap:12

Posted 31 December 2017 - 05:08 PM

Funny, seeing this one & other putters from different companies remind me of a now defunct company's putters.. Yes.
Not saying anything just saying... personal observation

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

#26 newballcoach

newballcoach

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:05 AM

Like mcaseym I will look to write more about it in a future Cleveland review thread, but I ended up with the TFI Cero and am liking it so far. Almost ended up with the Rho but went with the Cero instead primarily because the Rho looked like I was delofting the putter at address. This is a good lineup! Really like the visuals on the alignment aid.

When I was putting these around at the store I had trouble with the RHO as well. It's a very busy putter and created some weird looks for me. 

WITB

Driver- Taylormade M1 2016 8.5 degree

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Seemore Si2

Ball- Chrome Soft X

#27 Dueller

Dueller

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

I went for a putter fitting thinking I’d be matched up with another blade style and offset (previously playing a Ping Sigma G Anser). After some alignment checks and video of my stroke I ended up with a 2135 Mezzo centre shafted mid mallet in my hands. Amazing putter. Face and counter balanced, it’s completely the other end of the scale from everything I’ve ever played. I’m a big fan of the feel off the face and the alignment aid, while not game changing, is still real easy to setup over. I spent an hour and a half with my fitter and learnt I was a SBST stroke and left eye dominant right hander. You don’t have to pay the big bucks to get great equipment. Cleveland make a quality product and the money I saved on an off the shelf flat stick was best spent on a fitting. Try them out, they are a great putter

Driver: Callaway Epic SZ, Aldila Tour Green X
Fairway: Callaway Epic 3w, Aldila Tour Green X
3-5: Cobra F7 Hybrid X
6-SW: Ping G, AWT S
LW: Cleveland Smart Sole 58*
Putter: Cleveland 2135 Mezzo
Bag/ Buggy: Bagboy Hybrid Chiller/ Caddy Tek EZ Fold
Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft TruVis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users