TESTERS WANTED! ×

You Are Not As Good As You Think You Are!

golfinnut

I recently followed along side the journey of a fellow golfer who was playing in a Mid Amateur qualifier, who claimed he was a +2 handicap.  Keep in mind that to be a "+" handicap, you have to play some seriously good golf on a consistent basis.  We are talking around par or below for the most part all the time.  Not an easy feat by any stretch of the imagination.  

Now I understand that in pressure packed situations, tournaments & the like, you sometimes don't play your best because of the added pressure.  But in my thinking, to be a + handicap, you have been in these situations a lot more than just a few times in your career.  So you should be used to it right?  It shouldn't get to you & you should play your best regardless.  Even your worst effort would put you a bit over par.

In following along, "George" started off well on the first.  Fairway & green hit, lip out for birdie, easy par to start.  I'm thinking, great start, the nerves aren't getting to him, awesome.  Make a long story short, he proceeds to Double 4 of the first 6 holes, makes 1 birdie the entire round, & shoots a fun-filled 92!  Finishing dead last in the field, with exception to those that were DQ'd or WD.  How does this happen to someone that is supposedly a "+" handicap?  Now he later stated that he couldn't get rid of the lefts or rights off the tee box ... hitting it OB, in the woods, etc.  C'mon ... that sounds like a 20 handicap, not a "+"

I could see if he had stated that maybe he was around a 3 or 4 .... I'll chalk it up to a bad day or bad round.  I also know that you have to be under a certain established handicap in order to even enter into these type of tournaments or events.  There was once in my life that I had aspirations of playing competitively, so I played in my fair share of PAT's and Amateur tournaments.  And players that said they were a certain handicap, usually played right around that stated cap.  Of course, you might find some ringers that would say that they were a 10 and they ended up shooting lights out around par.  It was usually that way ... they would overstate their handicap, saying it's higher than it actually should be in order to get strokes.  Never the other way around .... saying it was lower than it should be.  

My point being is this .... be honest with yourself and play to your "Real" handicap and not a made up one.  Maybe you just aren't good enough anymore to play in such events.  If that's the case, leave that spot for someone that actually IS and would want to play.  There comes a time when you have to be honest with your ability and maybe take a step back from these type of events.  Go be a ringer in a charity golf tournament.

Ok ... done with rant.  Thoughts?  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Handicaps are a strange thing. Being a plus on your home course doesn't always translate to a plus on an unfamiliar tournament condition course playing from the back tees.

But I would also say that as a plus you should be a solid ball striker and be able to get up and down regularly. Even pros have bad rounds but the shot description makes it sound a bit like a vanity cap.

Unfortunately while the handicap system is designed to let people compete on an even level there are those that choose to abuse the system.

Remember reading about a player that didn't have a cap low enough to get in, I believe, the us open qualifier so he declare himself a professional which doesn't require a handicap.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Believe me, I know and accept that I am a rather bad golfer.   Go to the Dictionary of American Sports Jargon, look up the term "hacker" and my picture will most likely be there.   Accordingly, I have never considered playing in any serious tournaments.   As I have stated often, I play golf for the social aspects with my buds and, at my age, its one of the few activities that will not kill me.   It doesn't require me to run.

Believe me, I know and accept that I am a rather bad golfer.   Go to the Dictionary of American Sports Jargon, look up the term "hacker" and my picture will most likely be there.   Accordingly, I have never considered playing in any serious tournaments.   As I have stated often, I play golf for the social aspects with my buds and, at my age, its one of the few activities that will not kill me.   It doesn't require me to run.

Now unless you are being chased by a bear on the golf course ... then all I need to do is just run faster than you!  HA!   :D

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Vanity caps will always get you in trouble during competition. Always. Maybe this is a lesson learned for George and he can move on from it.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

You and I both know a very wise Captain that we played for. and I will always remember what he told me regarding my (rather high index) I don't care if you're a 10, 15 or 25.  All I care about is it's an accurate index and you play accordingly.  

An 18 that plays to a true 18 will help a team more than a vanity 8 that plays to a 15.  At least from what I've been witness to. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Guy is probably a 10 who wanted to play a certain golf course. I've played in several mid am quals and every time it's at a "name" course there are players struggling to break 100. They just see the chance to pay $150 to play a big name course set up for competition. Personally I would not regard these events as fun. They are long (7200 yards and 5 1/2 hours), hard (gimmicky hole locations) hot August days. Full disclosure- I played yesterday in the Mid Am qual at The Heritage Club in Mason Ohio. 37-44 for a smooth 81. 6 3 putts on the back 9. I'm a 0.6 index with a 12 month stroke average of 75.5. So I go into it knowing I have to be at my best to sneak through. Have gotten into a playoff for last spot one time and have missed by a shot or two several times. And I know several +2 or better players and would tell you no question they play a better level of golf than I do. They hit a couple more good shots and a couple less bad shots and get it up and down a little more often than I do. That all adds up

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Guy is probably a 10 who wanted to play a certain golf course. I've played in several mid am quals and every time it's at a "name" course there are players struggling to break 100. They just see the chance to pay $150 to play a big name course set up for competition. Personally I would not regard these events as fun. They are long (7200 yards and 5 1/2 hours), hard (gimmicky hole locations) hot August days. Full disclosure- I played yesterday in the Mid Am qual at The Heritage Club in Mason Ohio. 37-44 for a smooth 81. 6 3 putts on the back 9. I'm a 0.6 index with a 12 month stroke average of 75.5. So I go into it knowing I have to be at my best to sneak through. Have gotten into a playoff for last spot one time and have missed by a shot or two several times. And I know several +2 or better players and would tell you no question they play a better level of golf than I do. They hit a couple more good shots and a couple less bad shots and get it up and down a little more often than I do. That all adds up

FWIW as I look at qualifying scores from my site we had 2 players fail to break 90 and 27 players fail to break 80 of those that actually turned in a scorecard. Only 2 players broke par at -1.

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

I've played with plenty of those types. A friend of mine invited a guy on a golf trip recently that claimed to a 5 handicap. There were 4 of us on the trip. As someone who drifts between and 8 and 9 handicap I figured he'd be pretty good. He did hit some really good shots but also hit some shots off the planet. He had no idea how to take a proper drop when he lost his ball and would usually end up just giving himself a drop in the fairway. His short game was all over the place. If his putt was within 10 feet, he normally just gave himself a gimme We played four rounds. In the first 2 rounds he shot around a 90 and I shot my typical 80 even with his misunderstanding of the rules. After that, we switched to a 2 man captains choice format for the final two rounds so we didn't have to listen to him complain about the courses not being fair and hearing him losing his temper. On one particular par 4 he hooked his 3 wood left and proceeded to slam his club into the ground on tee box until he'd made a hole about 5 inches deep. He was really pleasant (not at all) to play with for 3 days if you can imagine.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

This a bit of a tricky one. There are 2 different types of players when its comes to handicaps:

1- The casual golfer who keeps his handicap and plays with his buddies for the most part. This player can have great skills and may even be a "+" handicap player by the letter of the word. He probably rolls the ball for the most part when playing and doesn't tap in every 2 footer he has because his friends give it to him. These players can be very hit or miss when it comes to tournament or legit money play. Can they hit all of the shots? More than likely. Can they do it under pressure, when something is on the line? More than likely not. This player is the type that may also shoot one low round in a tournament and follow it up Sunday with a crap one now that he's "in the hunt."

2- A tournament handicap golfer. Most of these guy's' rounds are in tournaments and while he may only be a 1 or a 2 handicap, I'd pick him over a plus handicap who doesn't have tournament experience in a bet. This guy is used to the pressure and usually plays everything down a little more often. He's also more used to putting everything out. Plus handicap tournament golfers are a little more rare and when you find one, the guy can usually really play. A lot of the time they either played in college, jr golf, or they play a lot of state and am events. 

Ole George is probably player 1 and not player 2. Does that mean he isn't a +2 handicap? No, not necessarily. He just isn't a +2 tournament golfer. 

Also, people can talk about putting for dough all they want but its impossible to score if you can't get off the box. You can still shoot 69-72 if you can't putt. You can't do that if you're hitting the ball OB off the box. 

Hell a couple of years ago as a legit 1 index, I put up a glorious 88 in a club championship because of a balky driver. I think I hit 6 or 7 balls OB off the tee or something stupid like that. Both 1 and 18 were par 5s and I think I opened that round with an 8 and closed it with a 9. $hit happens. You just have to move on. I don't think I've had a round over 80 in competition since. And I only remember 2 80s. No telling how many tourney rounds I've had since then. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I play, well try to when work lets me, in our state events and try every year for the US Open. The thing with handicaps is that your posting every round. Most people play maybe 15-20 tournament rounds a year in these events. Probably close to 40+ more not in events. Thus the tournament rounds really do not change their handicap. And I know out of 60+ golfers this spring at our Open qualifying only one guy broke par. That's a hard set up with 60 guys under 1.4. It says a lot about what pressure can do to a golf swing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Most of what needs to be said has been.

I will say that what George does or doesn't do has nothing to do with how good I or anyone else is. Yes it's a vent but understand there are plenty more guys who actually have the handicap they say they do than don't.

I may very well be exactly what I think I am as may other players here.

Back to George you just can't know. A 91 is not going to have a single iota of an impact on his handicap. He may be a plus 2 on a 6340 yard course that he plays almost exclusively and suddenly at 7000 yards with deep traps, trees and rough his weaknesses are exposed.

He may be totally legit, had a bad day and totally lost his focus. Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Mental side of golf is hard to quantity and it's the most difficult aspect of the game. I'm a 2 play to lower at my home course, a bit higher everywhere else.

I played in a few of the tournaments at home and rarely done well. I feel like I can shoot par in my sleep but I'd come in 83-84 first round and 79 second round. Clearly I don't cut out for competition play.

Golf is a funny game the harder you try the less you succeed. In reality, the less you succeed the harder you try. Unless your friends competes every week or thrive under pressure it's quite normal in my eyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He may be a plus 2 on a 6340 yard course that he plays almost exclusively and suddenly at 7000 yards with deep traps, trees and rough his weaknesses are exposed.

You nailed it Rev. USGA qualifying sites are set up to expose your weaknesses. In my experience, the most consistent feature being greens faster than those with which players are typically accustomed. The difference between a "quick" green that stimps at 11 and a perfect double cut and rolled surface that stimps around 13 is hard to believe until you actually experience trying to make pressure putts under those conditions. It's incredibly nerve wracking.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Yeah... a + handicapper is definitely not going to shoot a 92. Sounds like a mighty illegitimate index to me...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

You nailed it Rev. USGA qualifying sites are set up to expose your weaknesses. In my experience, the most consistent feature being greens faster than those with which players are typically accustomed. The difference between a "quick" green that stimps at 11 and a perfect double cut and rolled surface that stimps around 13 is hard to believe until you actually experience trying to make pressure putts under those conditions. It's incredibly nerve wracking.

I usually come up short when I'm nervous so that might be a good thing for me

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I think we all remember the "pro" who shot 127 or whatever (not positive of the exact number) in the US Open local...

Down here in Australia we don't have to worry too much about the vanity caps, as every competition round counts. Doesn't prevent the guys who want to blow their cap out from deliberately playing badly, but if you are off 5, you probably are at most courses.

I played in Hawaii with a Japanese guy who said he was off 8, I played pretty well off 6, and would have beat him by about 20. If he is typical of Japanese handicaps, I want to go to Japan and play for dollars!

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Yeah... a + handicapper is definitely not going to shoot a 92. Sounds like a mighty illegitimate index to me...

A + can most definitely post something in the 90's if he has a bad enough day. Hell Bowdo is a 2 time tour winner and he posted 4 straight rounds in the 80s at Doral last year. That includes his Sunday 84. If he kept a cap it would've probably been +5 or 6 at the time. http://www.golf.com/hey-its-just-golf-bowditch-posts-sunday-84-doral

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

One thing to keep in mind is the difficulty of the players course and how often they play it. I've played our 4-5 times a week and I can tell you exactly where to hit the ball as well as the shape and slope of the greens. Put me on a more difficult course or one that I be never played and I'll guarantee you that my score will be higher.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

It's possible he just isn't good at tournaments and just goes into a mental funk. I tell this story all the time when people ask me if I played in college. I was around a 3-5 range while in high school. I had played against guys on the golf team at the college (D3, nothing spectacular) I went to and beat them in both high school and casual rounds. Golf tryouts came around, even through 2, +28 on the next 16. It happens. Tournament golf is another beast entirely.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

... Like many issues in golf this one isn't as cut and dried as it might seem. The obvious culprit is the handicap system that most assuredly does not reflect what golfers "normally" shoot but what golfers are capable of shooting. Taking your last 20 scores and only counting the 10 best while dropping the 10 worst is at best a flawed system. I play to a + index but have a degenerative disk that was operated on in 95 and again in 97. Most days I am OK but some days I probably just shouldn't play. However most of those bad days occur mid round and I just don't have it in me to quit. 

... So I shoot around par or under on my good days. But at age 64 I am not a + from 7000 yds anymore. Played one of my favorite courses last week and shot a 68 from the Blues at 6455 but shot a 76 a few days later from the Golds at 7007 with 15-20 mph winds and it is a tree less course. I have only shot in the 80's twice this year and one was a 83 and the other an 87 on a tough course while I was battling a very sore back. But I have had a hand full of high 70's rounds and at least 2 of them I was just swinging very poorly that day. It happens. 

... So ya never know what you are looking at when you just see a score. Although I will say my back doesn't bother my short game and I feel a + index should always be good around the greens and with a putter in their hands. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Index. Players post their own scores. The question is on what course & from which teebox ? Did you post accurately & did you play & know the rules ??? Do you play the same course all the time for that index ? Playing PGA West, for example - 7300 yards & 150 slope. From the way backs. The regulars there have a true index for Tournament play. Add a little wind ... not for vanity indexes. I play from the whites there now. A man has to know his limitations.

I've no joke heard Boo Weakley say something very similar to someone in person, to their face at the local CC. Except he said "you're not good enough to get mad at a bad shot".

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I've no joke heard Boo Weakley say something very similar to someone in person, to their face at the local CC. Except he said "you're not good enough to get mad at a bad shot".

Now that's funny!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

A + can most definitely post something in the 90's if he has a bad enough day. Hell Bowdo is a 2 time tour winner and he posted 4 straight rounds in the 80s at Doral last year. That includes his Sunday 84. If he kept a cap it would've probably been +5 or 6 at the time. http://www.golf.com/hey-its-just-golf-bowditch-posts-sunday-84-doral

Yeah, but even I have to be playing really poorly to shoot a 92, and I am an 8.

... I have to admit that is one that always puzzles me. Someone shooting around 100 that complains about every bad shot, hits one good shot and says "Finally!" As if the 1 good shot is their norm and the other 99 shots are an anomaly.  :wacko:

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Yeah, but even I have to be playing really poorly to shoot a 92, and I am an 8.

Well it happens. A few months ago I shot -8 thru 14, almost clueless about where I stood, the took a break and realized the score, shot +8 the last 4 holes. I'm a 2 and it's my home course where I have birdied every holes on the course.

Cruel things happen to a kind good golfers all the time :)

Archived