TESTERS WANTED! ×

You Are Not As Good As You Think You Are!

golfinnut

In my opinion, handicaps should be recorded for tournaments only. That's the best way to ensure accurate scoring.

Golf is a bit weird in the sense of one being able to record scores during practice rounds where he/she may hit shots that would never be attempted in competition (gimme putts included, breakfast balls, etc...). It's like a baseball player counting the homeruns hit in batting practice towards their career stats- not an effective way of measuring true scoring metrics

Sent from my SM-J700T using MyGolfSpy mobile app

... Like many issues in golf this one isn't as cut and dried as it might seem. The obvious culprit is the handicap system that most assuredly does not reflect what golfers "normally" shoot but what golfers are capable of shooting. Taking your last 20 scores and only counting the 10 best while dropping the 10 worst is at best a flawed system. I play to a + index but have a degenerative disk that was operated on in 95 and again in 97. Most days I am OK but some days I probably just shouldn't play. However most of those bad days occur mid round and I just don't have it in me to quit.

... So I shoot around par or under on my good days. But at age 64 I am not a + from 7000 yds anymore. Played one of my favorite courses last week and shot a 68 from the Blues at 6455 but shot a 76 a few days later from the Golds at 7007 with 15-20 mph winds and it is a tree less course. I have only shot in the 80's twice this year and one was a 83 and the other an 87 on a tough course while I was battling a very sore back. But I have had a hand full of high 70's rounds and at least 2 of them I was just swinging very poorly that day. It happens.

... So ya never know what you are looking at when you just see a score. Although I will say my back doesn't bother my short game and I feel a + index should always be good around the greens and with a putter in their hands.

While I can't see the handicap indexes on my mobile app I'm going to guess that the lower the cap the more likely it is the guy recognizes that a plus capper is capable of shooting 92 given the right (wrong) set of circumstances.

Take Chisags back scenario and throw in a growing disgust where there's a total lack of focus around the green.

What if the guy's day job is being the maintenance supervisor at a plant or a minister or a doctor and he got called into work for an emergency. (I shot an 86 in a qualifying round at a very easy course once when I had been up all night with a dying person - I was a 2 at the time. You could have written the same things about me as you did George that day. But where were you when I shot 68 in a one day event or 71-70 in the club stroke play championship?).

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I recently followed along side the journey of a fellow golfer who was playing in a Mid Amateur qualifier, who claimed he was a +2 handicap. Keep in mind that to be a "+" handicap, you have to play some seriously good golf on a consistent basis. We are talking around par or below for the most part all the time. Not an easy feat by any stretch of the imagination.

Now I understand that in pressure packed situations, tournaments & the like, you sometimes don't play your best because of the added pressure. But in my thinking, to be a + handicap, you have been in these situations a lot more than just a few times in your career. So you should be used to it right? It shouldn't get to you & you should play your best regardless. Even your worst effort would put you a bit over par.

In following along, "George" started off well on the first. Fairway & green hit, lip out for birdie, easy par to start. I'm thinking, great start, the nerves aren't getting to him, awesome. Make a long story short, he proceeds to Double 4 of the first 6 holes, makes 1 birdie the entire round, & shoots a fun-filled 92! Finishing dead last in the field, with exception to those that were DQ'd or WD. How does this happen to someone that is supposedly a "+" handicap? Now he later stated that he couldn't get rid of the lefts or rights off the tee box ... hitting it OB, in the woods, etc. C'mon ... that sounds like a 20 handicap, not a "+"

I could see if he had stated that maybe he was around a 3 or 4 .... I'll chalk it up to a bad day or bad round. I also know that you have to be under a certain established handicap in order to even enter into these type of tournaments or events. There was once in my life that I had aspirations of playing competitively, so I played in my fair share of PAT's and Amateur tournaments. And players that said they were a certain handicap, usually played right around that stated cap. Of course, you might find some ringers that would say that they were a 10 and they ended up shooting lights out around par. It was usually that way ... they would overstate their handicap, saying it's higher than it actually should be in order to get strokes. Never the other way around .... saying it was lower than it should be.

My point being is this .... be honest with yourself and play to your "Real" handicap and not a made up one. Maybe you just aren't good enough anymore to play in such events. If that's the case, leave that spot for someone that actually IS and would want to play. There comes a time when you have to be honest with your ability and maybe take a step back from these type of events. Go be a ringer in a charity golf tournament.

Ok ... done with rant. Thoughts?

I've seen a lot more 15's that play like 5's. I joined a more upscale club many years ago. Most of the guys I played with said they were 5-12's. They always seemed to have terrible rounds in competition. Nothing in the world but ego handicaps. I'd rather admit to a 15 and win money. One of these guys sarcastically announced me as the best 14 in the club. After the noise died down, I looked him in the eye and said "15.

Played to 7.6 before i started playing tournament golf. Play to 12.3 now. A gimme here or there, a roll to a better lie, foot wedge from bad lie, often are "forgotten" outside of tournament golf. Play it down everywhere, take legitimate rules correct drops, and putt it into the hole to really find your true cap.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ok obviously we have covered all the ends of the spectrum of what could have happened etc. tournaments are just different animals and I think that's what it comes down to. Shoot I'm not a + probably won't ever be. But as Chisag said a back flares up(hand raised) bad day/night at the office day before and it carries over. So many things impact you that really don't have anything to do with your skill level. For some of us our pride pushes us through the round even when we are terrible that day or in pain. For some and we have all seen it even on the tour they just give up and WD. I'd much rather see him shoot in the 90's than to walk off. That's just me.

Yeah, but even I have to be playing really poorly to shoot a 92, and I am an 8.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

But how many rounds do you play from 7000+ yds playing the ball down and putting everything out? Especially on courses set up for qualifiers. Tough pins and greens rolling 12-13. It makes a difference.

I'm not saying "George" is a legit + or he's not. But any day you are playing somewhere like that and you have a balky driver, its gonna go poorly. Hell imagine he hits drives OB on the 3rd and 4th hole. After that he knows his day is done. May as well keep hitting the driver lol

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I hate my handicap. Im an 8.5 but I feel Im closer to a 10-11.

The country club I work at is rated/sloped pretty high. After work, I usually go play a quick 9. I score around 40 +/- 1-2 strokes each time. The combined scoring gives me a better-combined round then I think I am capable of.

I usually play the back 9 because the holes are opposite direction of the setting sun. It is easier than the front so I can shoot say a 39. When I enter it, my combined score is a 78. There is no way in hell I can shoot a 39 on the front; more water, trickier shots etc... With the current system, it goes down as a 78 and my handicap goes down as well.

The answer would be to not report every score but Im pretty sure Id get shot if I didnt. The members are adamant about reporting scores. 

8hhf0J5.png

Handicaps don't take a lot of things into account. I moved here six years ago I went from a 7 to a 4. The big reason why, there is no wind here, most days 2 to 3 mph. When I lived near the Great Lakes the wind blew 20 mph everyday. It makes a huge difference in club selection and ball flight.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

But how many rounds do you play from 7000+ yds playing the ball down and putting everything out? Especially on courses set up for qualifiers. Tough pins and greens rolling 12-13. It makes a difference.

I'm not saying "George" is a legit + or he's not. But any day you are playing somewhere like that and you have a balky driver, its gonna go poorly. Hell imagine he hits drives OB on the 3rd and 4th hole. After that he knows his day is done. May as well keep hitting the driver lol

... I remember when Michael Jordan was a 2 and played in his first tournament. He missed a 2 footer saying he never has to putt those. It got in his head and he missed several more very short putts. I will never understand reporting a score for your index with "gimmies" unless they are a few inches and a tap in when other players are on your line. Otherwise just tap it in. One thing I have learned is, unless you are playing on tour like pristine greens, you are gonna miss amazingly short putts every now and then. You hit an anomaly in the green, the cup has a raged edge or several other reasons along with simple brain cramp. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

I like that this thread has created a lot of thoughts from everyone.   :D

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

I hate my handicap. Im an 8.5 but I feel Im closer to a 10-11.

The country club I work at is rated/sloped pretty high. After work, I usually go play a quick 9. I score around 40 +/- 1-2 strokes each time. The combined scoring gives me a better-combined round then I think I am capable of.

I usually play the back 9 because the holes are opposite direction of the setting sun. It is easier than the front so I can shoot say a 39. When I enter it, my combined score is a 78. There is no way in hell I can shoot a 39 on the front; more water, trickier shots etc... With the current system, it goes down as a 78 and my handicap goes down as well.

The answer would be to not report every score but Im pretty sure Id get shot if I didnt. The members are adamant about reporting scores.

I'm with you fam. The only handicap I track is my league handicap. Almost all matches are 9 holes. Then playoffs come and they're 18. My 9 hole handicap is 5 which is about right. But can I go out and shoot 82? Maybe, but not likely. Unfortunately, I only get to play 18 a handful of times each year so I'm hesitant to get a USGA handicap only to get killed in any format that requires one.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm with you fam. The only handicap I track is my league handicap. Almost all matches are 9 holes. Then playoffs come and they're 18. My 9 hole handicap is 5 which is about right. But can I go out and shoot 82? Maybe, but not likely. Unfortunately, I only get to play 18 a handful of times each year so I'm hesitant to get a USGA handicap only to get killed in any format that requires one.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

I keep one but I also avoid anything handicap related unless its for charity. Being a plus handicap that plays once or twice a week leaves me with very little consistency compared to most.

Plus it kinda blows when you shoot 68 gross, 69 net and get beat by 7 by some "14 handi" that shoots 76 gross, 62 net. <_>

I like to play straight up unless I know someone's cap is legit. 

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I keep one but I also avoid anything handicap related unless its for charity. Being a plus handicap that plays once or twice a week leaves me with very little consistency compared to most.

Plus it kinda blows when you shoot 68 gross, 69 net and get beat by 7 by some "14 handi" that shoots 76 gross, 62 net. <_>

I like to play straight up unless I know someone's cap is legit.

Yup- a "real" lower cap will always lose to an "inflated" cap. Kinda takes the fun out of actually trying to get your cap down if you play competitive golf...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Yup- a "real" lower cap will always lose to an "inflated" cap. Kinda takes the fun out of actually trying to get your cap down if you play competitive golf...

I play in several tournaments that ended with controversy. There's no secret there are a lot of sandbaggers in every ethnicity. One of the first one this 19 handicapper shot 61 net score or something. I swapped tournaments stories and learned that some dumb butts turned in scores as low as 54, how stupid does one have to be not factoring in the fake handicap in a tournament.

I've no joke heard Boo Weakley say something very similar to someone in person, to their face at the local CC. Except he said "you're not good enough to get mad at a bad shot".

... I have to admit that is one that always puzzles me. Someone shooting around 100 that complains about every bad shot, hits one good shot and says "Finally!" As if the 1 good shot is their norm and the other 99 shots are an anomaly. :wacko:

You guys talking about me again?

("Hey! That's NOT where the ball was supposed to go!" "__expletive_, _curse word_, _expletive__")

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Sometimes, when asked my handicap, I think I should say 14 because that's the maximum number of clubs the rules will allow me to carry.

Good one! I say 5 .. that will raise an eyebrow .. and then explain:

1. Woods

2. Hybrids

3. Irons

4. Wedges

5. Putter

Putter...Ev
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

followthrough.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

In the tournament that I played in today 40 out of 90 guys shot their handicap or better. The lowest net that I saw was 63.

I'm going to attribute the good scoring to the fact that there was a temp tee on the number 3 handicap hole. It took a 420 yard hole playing into the wind and made it 265. That's a full stroke perhaps more when you consider that the green complex was designed for a long approach shot. There was no trouble to speak of. We had two pars and two birdies on it as a group.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Guy I played with in college grew up on the home course. We had two actually and he lived right between them. My freshman year (he was a Sophomore) during qualifying I qualify 5th and make the first tournament. He qualifies 3rd. I'm thinking this dude is good-even par or better in 7 rounds during qualifying. Our first tourney was at home and he played really well and therefore qualified for the next one, we both did. The next week we were getting ready for our next tourney and some of us were hanging out. The conversation switched to talking about the next tourney. I said "I think we have a good team" and the older guys said "you better play well then bc no chance you use any of his scores". Boy, were they right. He couldn't break 90 away from our home course. It was a never ending circle though, if we had to qualify for a tournament he always got the spot bc we played at home, then went to the tourney where he blew up, and it started all over. Just wild

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

I've no joke heard Boo Weakley say something very similar to someone in person, to their face at the local CC. Except he said "you're not good enough to get mad at a bad shot".

... I have to admit that is one that always puzzles me. Someone shooting around 100 that complains about every bad shot, hits one good shot and says "Finally!" As if the 1 good shot is their norm and the other 99 shots are an anomaly.  :wacko:

But what you guys are talking about is the whole reason people get hooked on golf. That one, perfectly struck shot that hangs in the air all the way to the target. You think, yes, ok, I can do that again.

That is the curse of golf. The constant pursuit of the perfect shot that leaves us hacks thinking we got game because there was this one time I hit a 4 iron 220 to a tight pin. That shot is me, not these worm burners I keep slapping out there. Leave me to my ignorance because one day I will put it all together. One day. Easy game.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

I still feel my best golf is ahead of me.As long as I don't worry how but how many.About 15 seasons or so ago was my best.Was under 80 at least 9/10 rounds.And that is some competitive golf when one can do that.Never had any concerns about the looks as long it worked.Somewhere I got overloaded with how looking a certain way will lead to better golf.Not so true in my case

Keep it in the short stuff

Yes high cappers can shoot high scores, I've got a plus cap buddy who just shot 86 in the club championship from 6500 yards. It's all in what game you have that day, for those guys the + cappers that is, when the round goes South early and they can't rally in the middle, they just lose focus coming in. I played Pinehurst#2 earlier in the year, and shot 88 with no 3 putts from 7000 yards. It was good. But certainly it can happen to a + capper who struggles on any particular day.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

But what you guys are talking about is the whole reason people get hooked on golf. That one, perfectly struck shot that hangs in the air all the way to the target. You think, yes, ok, I can do that again.

That is the curse of golf. The constant pursuit of the perfect shot that leaves us hacks thinking we got game because there was this one time I hit a 4 iron 220 to a tight pin. That shot is me, not these worm burners I keep slapping out there. Leave me to my ignorance because one day I will put it all together. One day. Easy game.

... I was really talking about the guy that hits all bad shots but one yet complains about every bad shot like they are the anomalies. I love seeing anyone hit a great shot, especially a high index player that could just about burst with joy. But it gets old being around the negative energy of bad shots, from someone that thinks he doesn't deserve them, and the biching and moaning that goes on all round long. That said, those guys certainly are the exception not the norm. 

... I was really talking about the guy that hits all bad shots but one yet complains about every bad shot like they are the anomalies. I love seeing anyone hit a great shot, especially a high index player that could just about burst with joy. But it gets old being around the negative energy of bad shots, from someone that thinks he doesn't deserve them, and the biching and moaning that goes on all round long. That said, those guys certainly are the exception not the norm. 

Totally agree. Nothing wrong playing with someone who is clearly struggling, but they can ruin their round if they gripe and moan the whole time. Their angry outbursts don't make them play any better and can actually make me play worse!

Go Pack tonight?

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

Recently was playing 9 with my wife, and when I'm with her I join her on the Forward .. aka Ladies .. tee. One, to save time and two, I am focusing on hitting usually my hybrid or 6i off the tee and trying to get it into a good position.

Anyway, relative to the topic ”You're Not as Good as You Think You Are" .. we were following a threesome of maybe 30 yr old guys .. in carts .. and we walk .. who were playing from the furthest back tees (Blue at this course).

Well.. of course every hole they're driving around hunting for their tee shots, but ... on at least 3 or 4 of the holes they were barely in front of the Ladies tee.......!!!!!!

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Recently was playing 9 with my wife, and when I'm with her I join her on the Forward .. aka Ladies .. tee. One, to save time and two, I am focusing on hitting usually my hybrid or 6i off the tee and trying to get it into a good position.

Anyway, relative to the topic ”You're Not as Good as You Think You Are" .. we were following a threesome of maybe 30 yr old guys .. in carts .. and we walk .. who were playing from the furthest back tees (Blue at this course).

Well.. of course every hole they're driving around hunting for their tee shots, but ... on at least 3 or 4 of the holes they were barely in front of the Ladies tee.......!!!!!!

There are a couple of holes at my course where I would be barely in front of the "Ladies" tee if I hit from the tips.   :(

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

There are a couple of holes at my course where I would be barely in front of the "Ladies" tee if I hit from the tips. :(

Awww, cmon now! Don't sell yourself ... _short_.....

But on that course here those Blue tees are not 250+ yds back from the Reds .. .. just sayin', yo...

Putter...Ev

followthrough.jpg

Awww, cmon now! Don't sell yourself ... _short_.....

But on that course here those Blue tees are not 250+ yds back from the Reds .. .. just sayin', yo...

Yeah, I know... I'm a tremendous slouch!

Now I interested.  Next time out, I'm going to measure a few holes to see how far it is between the back and forward tees.  There are a few holes that my wife gets quite a bit of relief, and I get quite a bit of relief from the back tees.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

... Moved. 

Archived