Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

In desperate need of putting help

I'm not what you would a call a good putter, but I am improving. If I had all this information in my head while trying to putt, i wouldn't be able to putt a ball. Numbers are numbers, but the object is to putt the ball into the hole, if your thinking about opening and closing the face, short backswing long follow through, you aren't going to make anything. practice is how you get better, get out there and putt. There are literally thousands of ways to putt the ball, and none of them are wrong, find one that makes you feel comfortable and practice that way. This whole thing sounds to me like a a lot of overthinking the process, and not enough practice on the excecution.

You don't think about this stuff when you putt; it is more about fitting the putter.  While the approach may not be for you,  some people like to have more understanding about how the stroke works; sort of that right brain left brain how you learn kind of stuff.  The goal of putting is to make a stroke that rolls the ball on the line you want for the speed you rolling the ball.  By understanding the numbers,  you can find a putter that makes it easier to accomplish that goal.  There really is a reason that some putter works better than others.  If you find the putter that works for your stroke, it make it easier to replicate the results.  Basically 2 choices,  find the putter that works for you or adjust yourself to fit the putter.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived