TESTERS WANTED! ×

Powerbuilt Air Force One N7 woods are LONG

OlStick

Greetings, fellow spies. After reading the article on MGS about their testing of the Powerbuilt Air Force One N7 driver, I ordered one. I changed the grip to the Wynn Lite firm, as I realy like those over the run-of-the-mill tour velvet pencils I get standard on most new clubs from about every manufacturer.

Let me tell you guys, MGS is right on about this manufacturer. Their prior world-beater reputation is STILL well-deserved with the Air Force One N7 driver and 3-wood. After blowing my driver 10-15 yards passt than my previous average (I have also improved my swing), I immediately ordered the 3-wood. Boys and Girls, you really need to try this model out. If your swing speed is in a higher range, I believe you will be duly impressed.

As far as the MGS testing with respect to accuracy, I found that I am as accurate with it as I have been with my other drivers. In three rounds with the driver and one with the 3-wood, I have yet to miss a fairway with one exception of hitting the driver through the fairway turn on a right-bend dogleg (I simply HAVE to learn how to hit it left-to-right on demand!).

Way to go, MGS! Once again, your equipment review and lab tests bear out the truth of a manufacturer whose name is not at the top of most minds, but whose quality and value certailnly is.

Ol' Stick

• SPY VIP

OlStick - I was happy to hear that you tried the driver out. We have gotten lots of emails from guys that have had the same experience as you have.

The Powerbilt Tour Driver is legit.

#TruthDigest

:D yeah.. its been fun Justin. Hmmm.. .she just started a new job, so I should beat her home to hide the box it comes in. If my fingers still work in a couple weeks, I'll let ya know how the driver works for me. :P

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Haven't you done the ship it you your office to get around that yet? Followed up by the inocent, "New? This old thing? Had it in the closet for quite some time". I imagine that's why Sactown's putter bag is at his office :D

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Dammit.. that's it. I'm sold.... momma's gonna kill me.... :lol:

So, finally someone else posts the legit experience with a PowerBilt Air Force One Driver.....I've been tooting this horn for 6 months....I'm glad others are beginning to listen.

Cheymike.....it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

:lol: yeah.. its been fun Justin. Hmmm.. .she just started a new job, so I should beat her home to hide the box it comes in. If my fingers still work in a couple weeks, I'll let ya know how the driver works for me. :P

LMAO!! Maybe you'll get "lucky" and she'll just break a pinky.

So, finally someone else posts the legit experience with a PowerBilt Air Force One Driver.....I've been tooting this horn for 6 months....I'm glad others are beginning to listen.

Cheymike.....it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

I was listening before, I just didn't have the 'nads to buy another club till now. ;) ;)

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

I was listening before, I just didn't have the 'nads to buy another club till now. :rolleyes: :lol:

....and their customer service crew is top knotch!...when I experienced a few broken shafts during play, they replaced them to my satisfaction....when the third one broke, they replaced the entire 7 club set...no questions.

I don't have the 3 wood, but got the 5 wood and the 3 & 4 AFO hybrids.....and they are as terrific as the driver and irons!

I am proud to be a return to PowerBilt owner.....I used PowerBilt Levelume irons and Citation woods for over 20 years...back in the day.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

I am proud to be a return to PowerBilt owner.....I used PowerBilt Levelume irons and Citation woods for over 20 years...back in the day.

I think it's great that you stepped away from the "norm". I went that route- I game a full set of Acer XK's (hireko.com) and have been very happy with their performance. I don't have anytning against the quality of the "big boys" stuff (the marketing, on the other hand...) but I've thought for a while now that there's more to golf equipment than the guys who are putting their names all over the PGA tournaments, and golf magazines.

It does sound like you've that you've had a great experience, especially considering how bad it could've been...

Dammit.. that's it. I'm sold.... momma's gonna kill me.... :lol:

Yeah, I am going for it also. Problem is I can't decide what shaft to put in it. I cant find a retailer around here that sells Powerbilt that has a Flightscope or TMan. Without a 3-D monitor, you are just guessing at the right shaft. I have a 2009 Fubuki pull lying around, and I might try it with an older Tour model off E-bay and call Powebilt with the results off Tman and see what they say. Hell, I have six or seven months to screw with it.

Yeah, I am going for it also. Problem is I can't decide what shaft to put in it. I cant find a retailer around here that sells Powerbilt that has a Flightscope or TMan. Without a 3-D monitor, you are just guessing at the right shaft. I have a 2009 Fubuki pull lying around, and I might try it with an older Tour model off E-bay and call Powebilt with the results off Tman and see what they say. Hell, I have six or seven months to screw with it.

The Air Force One comes with Fujikura E350 shaft.....and its terrific!

Mine should be here when I get off work today. Woo hoo!! Gonna run home, un-box it, and head for the course. First time I've ever been able to play a club the day I bought it. :)

Didn't get to game it the day it got here...brown was late. But I used it in a best ball tourney yesterday. :) Hit 10 of 14 fairways. Dispersion seems to be about 1/2 as wide as with the Dymo. I won't say I gained X amount of yards with it, because I really don't know. But I will say I didn't lose any distance! :P So whatever the distance, it was an overall gain because it was much closer to where I wanted it to be!! B)

It might be the "Honeymoon" effect, but whatever it is, until it goes away that thing is staying in the bag and the Dymo is banished to the shed! LOL!

Wait until you try the fairway woods and hybrids......they are awesome!

I tried the old one and last week I tried the new one on a launch monitor (flightscope) side by side with my fitted driver. It's shorter by 15 yards and dispersion is all over the place. The stock shaft is no where near stated flex ratings (it's a flex off). And it sounded tinny when hitting it. The Tour issue Nike wins again. Now if I can just get the new tour issued Adams head here to mate with the Matrix shaft, I'll try to knock it off again. Still not impressed with the powerbilt stuff.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

And Nike is what I banished to the shed. :lol: :) Just shows, everyone has their own preferences. The AFO has now kept me at approx 70% fairways hit for 4 rounds. For me, that is freakin AMAZING!! And distance IS longer. I'm rollin on shorter grass now! B) B)

way to go cheymike!

And Nike is what I banished to the shed. :lol: :) Just shows, everyone has their own preferences. The AFO has now kept me at approx 70% fairways hit for 4 rounds. For me, that is freakin AMAZING!! And distance IS longer. I'm rollin on shorter grass now! B) B)

OK, well this answers my question to you on another thread LOL. I say "Good on ya"! Just like what The Boz said a bit ago about his golf balls... Tour validation doesn't always equal awesome; sometimes, you can find it off the beaten path. I kind of took liberties with the phrase, but the gist is the same.

As a lover of component brands, I agree completely- everyone has a preference and it doesn't make any of us "right" or "wrong". That's just the way it is.

OK, well this answers my question to you on another thread LOL. I say "Good on ya"! Just like what The Boz said a bit ago about his golf balls... Tour validation doesn't always equal awesome; sometimes, you can find it off the beaten path. I kind of took liberties with the phrase, but the gist is the same.

As a lover of component brands, I agree completely- everyone has a preference and it doesn't make any of us "right" or "wrong". That's just the way it is.

And I answered it over there too... ROFL!

• 5 months later...

Hey cheymike, has it thawed out in WY yet?

Still gaming the PowerBilt?

Hey cheymike, has it thawed out in WY yet?

Still gaming the PowerBilt?

Foz, you seem like a nice guy, but inquiring about the weather to anyone who live in the northern USA until late April is not considered good golf etiquette. We really do not need to hear from people in Tampa (unless you have a round trip tickets and a place for us to stay) as we look out our backyards and still see a foot or more of snow in places that get little or no sunlight. :P

Foz, you seem like a nice guy, but inquiring about the weather to anyone who live in the northern USA until late April is not considered good golf etiquette. We really do not need to hear from people in Tampa (unless you have a round trip tickets and a place for us to stay) as we look out our backyards and still see a foot or more of snow in places that get little or no sunlight. :P

my apologies to all......

I do not have any concept of cold weather anymore as I have been in Tampa since 1987...my wife grew up in N Dakota and left there 40 hrs ago.

I don't mean to be cruel, but I am in shorts heading to the Forum to cheer on my Kentucky Wildcats this afternoon.

Will check back with y'all in a couple months.....LOL

• 1 month later...

Hmm... Well.. things have thawed out a bit here, but not totally. I've been able to get to the driving range twice and the short game practice area twice. Still haven't played a round. I am supposed to be going out this weekend to do just that! But, at the moment, we have sleet/sugar-snow/small hail falling and its about 1/2" deep. AARRGGHH!!! Temps in the 70s 2-3 days ago, 34 for today's high. Hopefully the weekend will be at least a little warmer or I won't be able to play then either! Oh well, if nothing else happens good in Wyo, I'm going out to Calif in a couple weeks to visit Pop and my brothers and will be playing some golf with them while I'm out there.

• 1 month later...

Hey Cheymike, just returned from 4 days of 36 holes per day golf at Sebring FL with 22 guys from my Saturday game......Powerbilt led the way ....I shot an 80 the first day and took first place....Driver is keeping me long and on the short grass....the temp was in the mid 90's every day....The winnings paid for my trip.

Archived