TESTERS WANTED! ×

RIP Walter Becker of Steely Dan

GolfSpy Barbajo

Maybe only a handful of you guys out there may know who he was, but he was 1/2 of one of the most under appreciated bands out there.  Walter Becker of Steely Dan passed this morning. Safe home...

https://youtu.be/2A0wGO3c2T8

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Well that's sad. I loved Steely Dan. A couple of their songs were standards for my High School cover band. :(

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I always liked Steely Dan---- The song Do it Again brings back pleasant memories of my younger days at the old driving range picking balls on the old 8N tractor with earplugs in (now called buds) smoking a left handed Camel picking balls. AHHHH the good old days. LOL had a old Ford AM radio (that was all we had then) mounted on that tractor with an antenna on top of the cage with the ear plugs wired in Thanks for the memories and may Walter RIP

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I always liked Steely Dan---- The song Do it Again brings back pleasant memories of my younger days at the old driving range picking balls on the old 8N tractor with earplugs in (now called buds) smoking a left handed Camel picking balls. AHHHH the good old days. LOL had a old Ford AM radio (that was all we had then) mounted on that tractor with an antenna on top of the cage with the ear plugs wired in Thanks for the memories and may Walter RIP

Still love Steely Dan.

Miss the 8N too. It was the only beast that would start every time.

Thanks for this guys.

Still love Steely Dan.

Thanks for this guys.

Still love Steely Dan.

Thanks for this guys.

You are correct the 8N would start every time unless the needle stuck in the carb but that was a simple fix just tap on the side of it with what ever you had handy wrench, hammer or even a golf ball no joke. Let it sit about 5 minutes and fire it off. BTW one of the simpliest carbs ever built. The first carb I ever rebuilt. Got the kit from NAPA

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived