Just got my new toy, now how to convince my club to let me use it. Segway X2

Rusty1885

Different question...would the battery get you thru a full round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. For sure. We were playing with it almost nonstop for 3-4 hours and the battery gauge is still shows ablout half.

• Like 2

Not with those tires you won't. Those tires will do some crazy damage. At least at the course I work at.

Oh yeah for sure. Like I said on the earlier post I'm getting a new set of wheels and tires fat and smooth for street ride and over the grass.

Side note: my sister rode it over her front yard, just in case she fall, it didn't leave any marks even when was turning in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How did you get your club to ok it? I'd love to get one for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway 815 DBD Irons: New Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 15's with KBS C-Taper Stiff Flex Shafts 21,25,29,33,37,41,45 Wedges: Ben Hogan TK with KBS Tour V Stiff Flex Shafts 52,56,60 Putter: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

How did you get your club to ok it? I'd love to get one for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Dunno yet I'm waiting for my new wheels and tires I figure one of these days I'd stop by with it and ride around the club house and if the problem approachere me I'd strike a conversation and do so easy show and tell to demonstratethat it's not doing a kind of damage on the grass ando see how it goes.

That's bad a**!  I need one just to ride around the neighborhood

• Like 1

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

That's bad a**! I need one just to ride around the neighborhood

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm walking my dog with it. She loves it, for once I can keep up with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That would be a nice thing to help slow play. 

4 people on each of those could play way faster than 2 and 2 in double seat carts. 

I can see idiots taking them into the woods to look for a ball and falling over. You would have to have some strict liability coverage that specifies where you are allowed to take it. Probably less safe on steep slopes than a cart.

Would love to try it though. How does it handle steep slopes?

• Like 1

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

That would be a nice thing to help slow play. 

4 people on each of those could play way faster than 2 and 2 in double seat carts. 

I can see idiots taking them into the woods to look for a ball and falling over. You would have to have some strict liability coverage that specifies where you are allowed to take it. Probably less safe on steep slopes than a cart.

Would love to try it though. How does it handle steep slopes?

Power wise it climbs well but there's a small learning curve with balance and weight shift. It feels safer in normal mode than slow/novice mode. In slow mode when you get the speed up to about 6-7 mph it tends to stand up when you lean forward. It feels weird. We took it to the park and rode it up and down the hills with no problem.

The turning takes a few mins to grasp but miles better than the twist method of the original model. That one is not very intuitive.

I can see some problems riding over some bumps on the course or off camber sidehill lies.

I took it to a local par 3 course next to the park striked a conversation with one of the starter and showed him how to ride it then asked if I could take it out for a quick nine promised to keep it on the path. He said sure go for it. I didn't want to blow it by taking a bunch of pics, may be next time.

The problem is when I step off sometimes it creeps forward like a car in gear. When it's on slight up slope or long grass it's ok.