Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Jimenez Uses New Ping Putter

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

European Ryder Cup team member Miguel Angel Jimenez showed that he's peaking in time for competition in Wales by winning the European Masters, but he's also showing he's great with new equipment.

Jimenez has three wins this season, and twice, he's used new equipment from sponsor Ping.

This most recent victory came with the Ping Scottsdale Pickemup putter, with which he averaged 25.5 putts per round. He began using it the week before, at the Johnny Walker Championship in Scotland, and tied for third - thus claiming his place on the Ryder Cup team.

"I have great trust in the Ping team to provide me the best product in the world," Jimenez said.

The Ping Scottsdale Pickemup putter is one of Ping's newest flat sticks, featuring a thermoplastic elastomer insert for improved feel on the greens without sacrificing distance control. The alignment aids, like the other models in the Scottsdale line, help with aim. It retails for $159 and is available in standard, belly and long lengths.

In July, Jimenez won the French Open with Ping's new S56 irons, which he'd put in the bag just that week. He also was the first to win with Ping's Tour-S wedges - but he'd had those for only two weeks.

"I'm honored to be the first to win with three new products but I know there will be many more victories for the Ping staff around the world," Jimenez said. 2025444.jpg

#TruthDigest

Glad to see some Ping designers are Battlestar Galactica fans :D

Holy crap that was funny! I'm still holding out for my lightsaber driver shaft...

I don't know Jimenez personally, but he looks like a cool guy; kinda like Darren Clarke, they're the type you just wantto hang out with.

• SPY VIP

batplane.jpg

Batman: Better put 5 cents in the meter.

Robin: No policeman's going to give the Batmobile a ticket.

Batman: This money goes to building better roads. We all must do our part.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

looks like a tortures device or a cow slaughterign tool ? it slooks mean as hell!!!!!!!!!

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Holy crap that was funny! I'm still holding out for my lightsaber driver shaft...

I don't know Jimenez personally, but he looks like a cool guy; kinda like Darren Clarke, they're the type you just wantto hang out with.

Maybe Boz can design you one that will glow in the dark like Russell. :P :lol:

I agree about Jimenez... seems like a guy to have a beer with after a round.

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

OMG! Its got a center shaft!! And would make one hell of a branding iron! I may have to get one of these just to encourage more center shaft model design!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Archived