Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Cut Golf vs Snell, Vice, Etc.

dang3rtown

I'm looking into picking up some Cut Golf balls but I can't find much info on them. Has anyone had much experience with them? I did a forum search but can't find much in the way of a review or even people who have actually played them at all. They are significantly cheaper than any of the other direct to consumer balls and they have 3 and 4 piece, urethane tour balls which is very tempting! (only $14.99 for the 3 piece?!). So, anyone game these? Is the 4 piece worth an extra $5 a dozen over the 3?

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I got a dz of the 4 piece Cut balls. Not a bad ball at all. Good grab on the greens, good off the driver and durable.

Probably will order more when I need more in the spring.

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I have a dozen of each Cut, I'd say it's worth the extra $5 for the 4 piece ball.  The big difference isn't the layers, it's the cover.  They will all be similar off the driver, but the urethane cover will give you much more stopping power with irons and wedges.  The biggest thing with Cut is the ball feels very firm.  If you like that then great, if you prefer a softer feel then it's probably not for you.

For me the Snell MTB is the gold standard of price and performance.  It's my control ball for any comparisons and it's my ball of choice.  I've been playing K-sigs a lot this year and like those too, but the only reason those are so good is the price they were selling for.  If it wasn't for that I'd still be gaming Snell MTB and I plan on going back to it once the K-sigs are gone.

As for Vice it's also a good ball for a good price.  I've only played the neon Pro model and for me was similar to the pro v1 (not the pro v1x)  You can also read some great reviews on a few different vice models in the forum member review section.  We've had member testing for the pro soft, pro and pro plus this year.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Through all of my ball testing this season, I've only had a chance to test one of the direct-to-consumer brands, Vice. Thanks to our business partner, I tried the Pro and I really liked it except it felt marshmallowy off the driver. Thanks to MGS, I am testing the Pro+ and I find that it holds up every premium ball I've put it up againstt during my testing. I will say, though, it is a little harder than I would want to game. Since everyone says, and everything I read backs it up, you should pick your ball on the green and move back, I prefer the softer Pro as it just fits my game better.

I've been meaning to try the MTB as well, but I need to get through the rest of my stock first, and after seeing the Q&A video yesterday, I might wait until the next generation comes out, since it seems like it's within a year's time of releasing.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I'm running through my K-Sigs balls right now but looking at balls I've tried. I've tried Chrome Softs - Like them but the price is high and I'm not willing to pay the money for them with the Snell balls out there.

Snell - Just ordered a couple dozen, tried them before and Love them. Hence the reason why i ordered more so when I'm done with my Costco balls I'll have some Snell balls to jump right into.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 3 weeks later...

Had my first chance to play the Vice Pro yesterday. Thought the durability was good, even though I had heard some disparaging remarks. LOVED this ball around the greens and from 100yds ish in. Tons of spin! Didn't think I loved it off the tee (Driver) until I smoked a couple over 260 over the last few holes. Need more rounds with these, but initially, I'm a big fan!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Last I heard Cut Golf still isn't shipping to Canada, is that still true? Hopefully in the spring they can figure that out, as I'd love to give their ball a try. 

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Archived