#1 dang3rtown

dang3rtown

SR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members

• 462 posts
  • LocationSacramento
  • Handicap:6.2

Posted 07 September 2017 - 02:50 AM

I'm looking into picking up some Cut Golf balls but I can't find much info on them. Has anyone had much experience with them? I did a forum search but can't find much in the way of a review or even people who have actually played them at all. They are significantly cheaper than any of the other direct to consumer balls and they have 3 and 4 piece, urethane tour balls which is very tempting! (only $14.99 for the 3 piece?!). So, anyone game these? Is the 4 piece worth an extra $5 a dozen over the 3?

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

#2 BigtazzGolf

BigtazzGolf

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,240 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Handicap:13

Posted 07 September 2017 - 03:18 AM

I got a dz of the 4 piece Cut balls. Not a bad ball at all. Good grab on the greens, good off the driver and durable.
Probably will order more when I need more in the spring.

BigTazz
Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi
#J_Wurz
#EthanSterlingPrice
#strokerAce
during the #CobraConnectChallenge
Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF
Instagram: bigtazzgolf
Facebook: steve.rayburn
#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS
         Grip n Rip it
Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag
:callaway-small: Big Bertha Alpha 8° with Grafalloy ProLite 35
:taylormade-small: Jetspeed 3 wood 15*
:taylormade-small: Speedblades 4-PW
:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*
:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56*
Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

#3 GolfSpy Meyer

GolfSpy Meyer

AGENT NAME: FT.WORTH

• MYGOLFSPY (STAFF)

• 4,319 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN
  • Handicap:2.9

Posted 07 September 2017 - 05:22 PM

I have a dozen of each Cut, I'd say it's worth the extra $5 for the 4 piece ball.  The big difference isn't the layers, it's the cover.  They will all be similar off the driver, but the urethane cover will give you much more stopping power with irons and wedges.  The biggest thing with Cut is the ball feels very firm.  If you like that then great, if you prefer a softer feel then it's probably not for you.

For me the Snell MTB is the gold standard of price and performance.  It's my control ball for any comparisons and it's my ball of choice.  I've been playing K-sigs a lot this year and like those too, but the only reason those are so good is the price they were selling for.  If it wasn't for that I'd still be gaming Snell MTB and I plan on going back to it once the K-sigs are gone.

As for Vice it's also a good ball for a good price.  I've only played the neon Pro model and for me was similar to the pro v1 (not the pro v1x)  You can also read some great reviews on a few different vice models in the forum member review section.  We've had member testing for the pro soft, pro and pro plus this year.

Driver: :taylormade-small:  SLDR 430 10.5° set to 11° Diamana D+ 62 stiff
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 15°, 17°, 22°, 25° all Kuro Kage Black 80 HY stiff
Irons: :taylormade-small: Speedblades 6-9 KBS C-Taper S+
Wedges: Scor 45°, 50°, 54° & 58° C-Taper S+
Putter: Evnroll ER5

#4 yungkory

yungkory

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 580 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI
  • Handicap:12

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:51 PM

Through all of my ball testing this season, I've only had a chance to test one of the direct-to-consumer brands, Vice. Thanks to our business partner, I tried the Pro and I really liked it except it felt marshmallowy off the driver. Thanks to MGS, I am testing the Pro+ and I find that it holds up every premium ball I've put it up againstt during my testing. I will say, though, it is a little harder than I would want to game. Since everyone says, and everything I read backs it up, you should pick your ball on the green and move back, I prefer the softer Pro as it just fits my game better.

I've been meaning to try the MTB as well, but I need to get through the rest of my stock first, and after seeing the Q&A video yesterday, I might wait until the next generation comes out, since it seems like it's within a year's time of releasing.

Driver:  :callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5 HZRDUS 6.0 55g
3w:  :callaway-small: XR16 Fuji Speeder Evo 565 S
Irons 3-PW:   :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour NS Pro Modus3 105 S
Wedges:  :callaway-small:  MD3 52.10, 56.10 & 60.08
Putter:   :cameron-small:  Cameron & Crown Newport

#5 flyboyjs

flyboyjs

BRAND NEW SPY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:44 PM

I'm running through my K-Sigs balls right now but looking at balls I've tried. I've tried Chrome Softs - Like them but the price is high and I'm not willing to pay the money for them with the Snell balls out there.
Snell - Just ordered a couple dozen, tried them before and Love them. Hence the reason why i ordered more so when I'm done with my Costco balls I'll have some Snell balls to jump right into.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

#6 MGoBlue100

MGoBlue100

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members

• 622 posts
  • LocationUpstate SC
  • Handicap:13

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:56 PM

Had my first chance to play the Vice Pro yesterday. Thought the durability was good, even though I had heard some disparaging remarks. LOVED this ball around the greens and from 100yds ish in. Tons of spin! Didn't think I loved it off the tee (Driver) until I smoked a couple over 260 over the last few holes. Need more rounds with these, but initially, I'm a big fan!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

:bridgestone-small:  JGR 9.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x
:callaway-small: RAZR Fit Xtreme 15*  Ozik Matrix HD Radix 4x
:cleveland-small:  588 20.5* Hybrid  Ozik Black Tie HM3 95x
:callaway-small: XHOT 22* 4 Hybrid  Callaway Project X Hot Stiff
:mizuno-small: JPX-825 (4i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Wedges (50, 54, 58)
MATI Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
:bridgestone-small: B330-RX

#7 newballcoach

newballcoach

JR. FIELD OPERATIVE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 01:32 AM

Last I heard Cut Golf still isn't shipping to Canada, is that still true? Hopefully in the spring they can figure that out, as I'd love to give their ball a try. 

WITB

Driver- Taylormade M1 2016 8.5 degree

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Seemore Si2

Ball- Chrome Soft X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates