TESTERS WANTED! ×

Floridian brothers and sisters

MattF

Sorry I have been out of touch for the most part. I was very busy trying to make sure that all of our staff and congregants were in safe places. I had to be the effective voice of reason for 1500 people for a week, I'm exhausted!

Being from CT I've been through several Hurricanes and have learned that they are unpredictable. I kept telling people to stay calm, stay smart, listen to authorities and pray. I certainly respect those who left the state but we were constantly told to think miles not out of state when evacuating. Our house is very sturdy with drop down hurricane shutters and outside of a flood zone. We had the option of our brand new gym which is good to a CAT 4 and outside of a zone also.

It was a pretty wild ride - even though the eye missed us hurricane wind off the water as it passed was gusting around 90 mph.

We did just fine though. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Lots of cleanup ahead.

I still don't know how Bayou did.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear you're ok Kev. Next year will be a walk in the park compared to this one

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Here's one of our genius seniors trying to get to Happy Hourattachicon.gifimage001.jpg

hahaha  Reminds me of a time after I just started playing golf at one of our local munis.  The course is in a flood plain; parts of it floods every year and about every 10 years all of it floods.  This one guy I was riding with decided to play one day when it partially flooded, and on the par 3 #14 there was a low spot between the tee and the green.  I told him not to drive through it, but he did anyway.  Water was over the floor of the cart.  I kept my feet on the dash and told him to get out and push; I'd steer.  I wasn't getting wet.  He did... grudgingly!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Sorry I have been out of touch for the most part. I was very busy trying to make sure that all of our staff and congregants were in safe places. I had to be the effective voice of reason for 1500 people for a week, I'm exhausted!

Being from CT I've been through several Hurricanes and have learned that they are unpredictable. I kept telling people to stay calm, stay smart, listen to authorities and pray. I certainly respect those who left the state but we were constantly told to think miles not out of state when evacuating. Our house is very sturdy with drop down hurricane shutters and outside of a flood zone. We had the option of our brand new gym which is good to a CAT 4 and outside of a zone also.

It was a pretty wild ride - even though the eye missed us hurricane wind off the water as it passed was gusting around 90 mph.

We did just fine though. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. Lots of cleanup ahead.

I'm glad to hear you are all safe.  I was worried.  It might be awhile before the course is playable though.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I'm glad to hear you are all safe. I was worried. It might be awhile before the course is playable though.

Your right about CT we did have our share of hurricanes, nor'easters, mini burst tornadoes and the ever present "wintry mix" sleet &freezing rain. After that training you are well suited to lead the Tampa congregation.

Good job Bud!!

Glad you and the congregation r safe!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Your right about CT we did have our share of hurricanes, nor'easters, mini burst tornadoes and the ever present "wintry mix" sleet &freezing rain. After that training you are well suited to lead the Tampa congregation.

Good job Bud!!

Glad you and the congregation r safe!

Thanks... but the only congregation I have is the procrastinator's club.   :lol:

In regards to Bayou I doubt there was any significant flooding. Our storm surge turned out to be around 1 foot.

The issues could be the safety of some of the little bridges. There are four wooden bridges back and fourth in the actual Bayou from 13-16 that must be inspected. There could also be some downed trees to be removed. That will be sad because IMO the course could use more trees. It's a huge course (area wise) and at times it's very hard to find shade in the summer.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Here's one of our genius seniors trying to get to Happy Hourattachicon.gifimage001.jpg

Really. What does that fuy think he's driving, Bubba's hovercraft?

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Glad to hear you're ok Rev. Your congregation is very fortunate to have you as a voice of reason.

Yeah we had part of the eye wall come right over us. It was a long no sleep kind of night. Glad to hear some one caught up with revkev and that all the other FL members are ok.

My wife and I would like to thank everyone here for all the thoughts and prayers. I know I am the new guy here and I want to let you all know my family as well as I really appreciate the warm welcoming I have received here. Thank you all for allowing me to join your family.

Once all the dust settles here we will all have to have a central Florida meet up so I can finally put a face to all these names.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We're glad you found MGS and more than that, glad that you and your wife are safe.

Now let's just hope you guys are all playing golf again sometime soon.

After walking my dog around the block this morning it was clear how lucky we were at my house.  Several large limbs were ripped off trees in neighbors yards. Some trees split in half with the top half gone.  We had one dogwood tree in our back yard that will unfortunately not make it however it could have been so much worst.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

After walking my dog around the block this morning it was clear how lucky we were at my house. Several large limbs were ripped off trees in neighbors yards. Some trees split in half with the top half gone. We had one dogwood tree in our back yard that will unfortunately not make it however it could have been so much worst.

We took a cart ride around and a lot more flooding than I would have expected but no personal injury reported that's great.

Rick

Left Hand, 

We took a cart ride around and a lot more flooding than I would have expected but no personal injury reported that's great.

That flooding is something that is horrible and takes a long time to get things back to normal.  I feel bad for all you folks that have to deal with water damage and such. It truly sucks.....

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

In regards to Bayou I doubt there was any significant flooding. Our storm surge turned out to be around 1 foot.

The issues could be the safety of some of the little bridges. There are four wooden bridges back and fourth in the actual Bayou from 13-16 that must be inspected. There could also be some downed trees to be removed. That will be sad because IMO the course could use more trees. It's a huge course (area wise) and at times it's very hard to find shade in the summer.

I remember I was hoping to find some sunshine!!   :)

Maybe it's a good time to suggest the location of a few more trees?

Pebble Creek Golf Club(Tampa) lost 32 trees and cleanup is underway. However, there is no indication from TECO when power will be restored. Probably no golf this week. We were already very "swampy" just before Irma passed thru so the fairways are even soggier now.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Pebble Creek Golf Club(Tampa) lost 32 trees and cleanup is underway. However, there is no indication from TECO when power will be restored. Probably no golf this week. We were already very "swampy" just before Irma passed thru so the fairways are even soggier now.

Any issues with wild life?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Glad to see most of the MGS crew are alive and well, albeit a bit tired & wet.  Wishing the best for you all.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

With my trip to TPC Sawgrass two weeks away from today, i was a bit concerned when I saw all the horrible flooding in Jacksonville.   While the trip is no where as important as people getting their homes and lives back to normal, I was wondering how the course will be.

I called yesterday and nobody answered in the Pro Shop, i figured power and phones might still be out.   I called the new TPC Learning facility, and same thing.  I didn't even bother leaving a message.   But i got a call about 2 hours later from one of it's employees who was calling from home, all the calls had been routed to her cell phone. She saw my name and number and that it was an out of state call and wanted to speak tome as soon as possible.

She said they are expected to be closed until Sept 21.  There is no major damage to the course or property that they have seen so far,but just a lot of tree and debris removal to be done.   She fully anticpates it will be open by the time of our event.

I think that was awesome customer service and going above and beyond to track down a call that didn't leave a message.   

With my trip to TPC Sawgrass two weeks away from today, i was a bit concerned when I saw all the horrible flooding in Jacksonville.   While the trip is no where as important as people getting their homes and lives back to normal, I was wondering how the course will be.

I called yesterday and nobody answered in the Pro Shop, i figured power and phones might still be out.   I called the new TPC Learning facility, and same thing.  I didn't even bother leaving a message.   But i got a call about 2 hours later from one of it's employees who was calling from home, all the calls had been routed to her cell phone. She saw my name and number and that it was an out of state call and wanted to speak tome as soon as possible.

She said they are expected to be closed until Sept 21.  There is no major damage to the course or property that they have seen so far,but just a lot of tree and debris removal to be done.   She fully anticpates it will be open by the time of our event.

I think that was awesome customer service and going above and beyond to track down a call that didn't leave a message.   

Good news!!  Enjoy the course!!!

None that I am aware of.....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Only Foz when he's had one too many sherbets!  :lol:

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I'm still kicking around cleaning up stuff. The internet is down and the mobile network is over loaded so it takes awhile to load stuff on my phone.

My mother's house got power back so we have moved in there for the time being.

I just didn't want anyone worrying about us.

I'm still kicking around cleaning up stuff. The internet is down and the mobile network is over loaded so it takes awhile to load stuff on my phone.

My mother's house got power back so we have moved in there for the time being.

I just didn't want anyone worrying about us.

Most power in central FL is supposed to. D restored by Sunday.

Most of our area is restored by stores do not have much food, spoiled in the storm. Gas still an issue.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Some of our courses were also sloppy B4 the storm. There's a total of 600 golf holes here if they lose a tree on only 1/2 of them still a lot of chainsaw work.

Rick

Left Hand, 

RC--we'll definitely have to try to get together when you come (although you may not want to after I trounce you in our FF match this week!!).  How long and where are you staying?  

What they told you is what I've heard, and also reason it is closed so long is that they don't want people experiencing the courses in less than pristine conditions.  We're playing another course in the area on Friday and its not even cart paths only!

You must have talked to Debbie in the pro shop--she's great, helps me a lot in getting the tee times right for our group.

The beaches area of Jacksonville came through in remarkably good shape, much better than in Matthew.  But the downtown areas of Jacksonville near the St Johns river got severe flooding.  The winds and storm surge back up into the mouth of the river and the river water had no where to go!

Below is a pic of TPC Valley #12 from yesterday.  In the foreground you see the beginning of the cart path that goes around the big hill to the left of the green (water looks to be up about four or five feet).  What is noteworthy to me from the pic is that line of trees.  They're on a ridge that is by far the highest point on the property, totally exposed.  Yet there doesn't seem to be any damage to them.  We did have gusts of 96 mph in the area, so we lucked out in many respects.  

PM with your schedule if you would!

TPC Valley 12.JPG

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

Water still a "bit" high.IMG_1458.JPG20170911_115218.jpg

Rick

Left Hand, 

For us it's not the water - it's the power outages. We have lots of people working on day four and getting antsy - we are going to open our gym to anyone needing relief today.

We will staff it with part time hourly people - not the wisest thing economically but I'm sickened by the amount of pay that they are losing.

Think of all those hourly workers throughout Florida and Georgia who have not worked for a week. Many of them live hand to mouth. They've incurred extra expenses because of the storm as well as their lost wages.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

For us it's not the water - it's the power outages. We have lots of people working on day four and getting antsy - we are going to open our gym to anyone needing relief today.

We will staff it with part time hourly people - not the wisest thing economically but I'm sickened by the amount of pay that they are losing.

Think of all those hourly workers throughout Florida and Georgia who have not worked for a week. Many of them live hand to mouth. They've incurred extra expenses because of the storm as well as their lost wages.

Villages is grabbing up guys (who want to work) to help in the cleanup. There are crews everywhere.

Only problem gas is still hard to come by.

Rick

Left Hand, 

RC--we'll definitely have to try to get together when you come (although you may not want to after I trounce you in our FF match this week!!).  How long and where are you staying?  

What they told you is what I've heard, and also reason it is closed so long is that they don't want people experiencing the courses in less than pristine conditions.  We're playing another course in the area on Friday and its not even cart paths only!

You must have talked to Debbie in the pro shop--she's great, helps me a lot in getting the tee times right for our group.

The beaches area of Jacksonville came through in remarkably good shape, much better than in Matthew.  But the downtown areas of Jacksonville near the St Johns river got severe flooding.  The winds and storm surge back up into the mouth of the river and the river water had no where to go!

Below is a pic of TPC Valley #12 from yesterday.  In the foreground you see the beginning of the cart path that goes around the big hill to the left of the green (water looks to be up about four or five feet).  What is noteworthy to me from the pic is that line of trees.  They're on a ridge that is by far the highest point on the property, totally exposed.  Yet there doesn't seem to be any damage to them.  We did have gusts of 96 mph in the area, so we lucked out in many respects.  

PM with your schedule if you would!

Thanks so much for the message...Well except for the beatnig me this week part...ha

it was actually Charla from the performance institute who called back, she was fantastic, we had a nice 10 minute or so chat.  She got me interested in possibly trying the new Quintic Ball Roll system.  She said it's even better than SAM and that it's the new favorite toy of all the Tour Players.

I'll DM you the rest of the info!!

Got an email yesterday that the course is on track to open tomorrow!!!!!

Of course I can't play until after church on Sunday. Just praying the last 100k or do people in our county without power get it back today. It seems like I know all of them.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived