TESTERS WANTED! ×

Cut Golf Co. Ball Review (UN-official)

dang3rtown

Since I searched and haven't been able to find much on the "Cut Golf Co." line of balls, I figured I would order a few dozen and write up a review.

For those that don't already know, Cut is a direct to consumer ball manufacturer based out of Southern California (Costa Mesa!). Among the many direct to consumer brands out there, I believe cut offers a "tour" quality ball at a lower price point than any other brand. This and this alone has motivated me to figure out if they're any good!

My testing will not be:

Scientific

Quantifiable in any way

Free of bias

Coherently written

My testing will be:

Like, my opinion man?

Based on feel

How it relates to my game/balls I currently play

About me; I'm a single digit handicapper, hit the ball pretty far, irons go high, long and have lots of spin (7i averages about 195yds with 6500rpm spin). I am currently gaming the Taylor Made TP5X. Short game needs work, Leo, dogs > cats, enjoys hazy IPAs.

About the balls:

Cut offers three models of golf ball; The Cut Blue, a 4 piece, urethane cover ball. This is their tour ball, the one I am testing. The Cut White, a 3 piece, mid-range ball with a surlyn cover and The Cut Red, a 2 piece, surly cover low end ball. The Blue goes for $20/dzn, the White $15/dzn and the Red is $10/dzn.

Yes, $20 for one dozen, 4 piece, urethane covered, potentially tour quality balls.

To start, I went on the site and ordered three dozen balls. Three dozen at $19.99 each plus $4.79 for tax and a flat $10 for shopping brought my grand total to $74.64 aka, less than $25 a dozen delivered to my door step.

I received my balls less than 48 hours from time of order (I live in CA, experience may vary).

Taking them out, they feel like any other tour ball, the graphics don't appear to be well designed or applied for that matter (like a screen print running a little low on ink). Graphics don't matter to me but these definitely aren't pretty like a ProV1 or direct to consumer competitor, Vice. Haven't played them yet but I have a tee time tomorrow at 0700 and they will be in the bag. Wish me luck and stay posted!

IMG_1402.JPGIMG_1403.JPGIMG_1404.JPGIMG_1405.JPG

Sent from my Augusta National using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :ping-small:  G 10.5* W/Tour Stiff 65g Ping Shaft   

Fairway Woods:  :cobra-small:  Cobra F6 13.5*, F6 Baffler 16*  

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

Wedges: :benhogan-small:  TK, 52* & 56*

Putter:  :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin 

Bag:  :ping-small: Hoofer 5way

Balls:  :taylormade-small: TP5/X

I always like an unofficial review. It will be interesting to hear your opinion. My running partner Bear and his brother have been experimenting with the Master grip C-4 balls some lately. For us they seem to perform as good as a Pro V for a heck of a lot less money. I feel about them about the Kirkland that they are a quality ball and would not hesitate to put one in play in a money match or a serious comp. I for one do not play big money matches or comp any more and will be dammed if I am paying $50 or more for a dozen balls. Lately I have a source that I get used Pro Vs from mostly used logo one cheap. Now yesterday I messed around and played the Callaway Super Soft since I got a dozen free from a Cally rep I know. I had played one of those balls I found in the past with the vintage stuff and liked it. Never had played it with the modern stuff. I like the control of it off the hot faced Cally irons and got used to putting it. They are cheap too I noticed $19.95 at Wally World.

But yeah your review will be interesting so to speak. One thing I would have to get used to is the name "Cut" Makes me think of the Balata days when you miss one and lay it open. LOL I also play a baby fade or cut shot as my standard shot

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

One thing I would have to get used to is the name "Cut" Makes me think of the Balata days when you miss one and lay it open. LOL I also play a baby fade or cut shot as my standard shot

Every time I say it, I think of a balata!

Irons: Split Set-  :ping-small: i200 3i - 7i ,  :benhogan-small: Ft Worth 15s, 8 (36), 9 (40), PW (44) 

look forward to hearing your thoughts....I just ordered a trial sleeve or Blue and the new Grey....should be here tomorrow......I'll add my thoughts here after i get a chance to try 'em out if you don't mind

Driver:    :honma:TR20 10.5*

Hybrids:   :callaway-small: Epic SuperHybrid 3 18*   Epic 4h 23*   

Irons:    :mizuno-small:JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :EVNROLL:EV8

Ball:    :bridgestone-small:Tour BXS

I put the Blue and the Grey into play last weekend and these are some really good balls at any price point. My buddy preferred the Blue while I love the Grey. I look forward hearing your thoughts on them.

Sent from my SM-N920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Every time I say it, I think of a balata!

LOL goes to show great minds think alike  ;)

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Well, I have put the Cut Blue through 18 holes on Sunday and another 9 on the executive course today. Additionally, I spent a few hours on the short game practice area hitting putts, chips and bunker blasts wit the Cut, some Pro V 1s, some TM TP5s and a Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis I happened to have in my bag.

In general, I could not for the life of me tell the difference between any of these balls. On the course, I hit the Cut about as far as I typically hit a tour ball. No appreciable change in distance. Ball flight may be slightly high compared to other, similar balls.

Around and on the green, the Cut had a nice feel, soft, easy to spin. Again, not much different than a Pro V1 or similar.

As for durability, see the pic below. That is the same ball I used for 18 holes on Sunday. No issues at all, even the ugly graphic stayed in place.

All in all, unless you're a seriously good golfer (club pro or better), you will have a hard time discerning the difference between this ball and another that costs twice as much or more. In general, I would say it plays more like a Pro V1/TP5 than the Pro V1x/TP5x. Definitely plenty of spin and if you don't love that, this may not be the ball for you.

Bottom line, I reckon, if they painted "Titleist" on this ball instead of "Cut", there would be very few people who could tell the difference. Save yourself some cash, give these a go. They are top notch and less than $20 a dozen. Maybe someday they'll even hire a graphic designer to spruce up their look!

IMG_1406.JPG

Great info! Thanks!!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I always love reading people's opinions on the Online Golf (aka Guerilla) manufacturers like Snell, Cut & Vice Golf. Over here in Australia, we have one as well - Forte Golf. They have 4 models in their range - the SS2 Soft (AU$18.99/Dozen), SS3 Speed (AU$24.99/Dozen), Tour Performance S (AU$40.99/Dozen) and the Forte 6 (AU$66.99/Dozen).

Forte Golf, up until recently, were conducting a free trial program in order to get their product out to any potential customers. If you were interested in their products, you'd enter your email and address into a web page, and then you'd get a 2-ball trial pack to test out. I've trialled both the SS3 Speed and the Forte 6 in the past. 

The SS3 Speed wasn't quite for me as it didn't spin anywhere near as I would like around the greens. However, I gave the trial pack to my grandfather to test out, and he loves them as they give him extra distance off the tee and he enjoys the feel off the irons. 

The Forte 6 is more up my alley, as it's a 6-piece ball (take that Taylormade!!) that's designed to take on the big ball manufacturers as a Pro V1X equivalent. Whilst I found the Forte 6 to be a bit clicky (similarly to a TP5), the ball performed as well as the Pro V1X on approach shots and off the tee. Once you get used to the clicky feeling, this is a damn good golf ball.

As for the other balls in the line-up, I've been reading mostly good reviews on Forte Golf's Facebook page, with the only bad comments being how quick the balls wear but these are only really issues for the SS2 and SS3 at the moment. 

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

Even though I'm a brand ambassador for Cut, I would be using the balls even if I wasn't. I really like that you don't have to break the bank for a dozen of performance balls. I have played, the whites, blues, and greys and love all three. Just depends on the weather which one I would rather play.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm definitely going to give these a try...thanks for the great review

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I always love reading people's opinions on the Online Golf (aka Guerilla) manufacturers like Snell, Cut & Vice Golf. Over here in Australia, we have one as well - Forte Golf. They have 4 models in their range - the SS2 Soft (AU$18.99/Dozen), SS3 Speed (AU$24.99/Dozen), Tour Performance S (AU$40.99/Dozen) and the Forte 6 (AU$66.99/Dozen).

Forte Golf, up until recently, were conducting a free trial program in order to get their product out to any potential customers. If you were interested in their products, you'd enter your email and address into a web page, and then you'd get a 2-ball trial pack to test out. I've trialled both the SS3 Speed and the Forte 6 in the past. 

The SS3 Speed wasn't quite for me as it didn't spin anywhere near as I would like around the greens. However, I gave the trial pack to my grandfather to test out, and he loves them as they give him extra distance off the tee and he enjoys the feel off the irons. 

The Forte 6 is more up my alley, as it's a 6-piece ball (take that Taylormade!!) that's designed to take on the big ball manufacturers as a Pro V1X equivalent. Whilst I found the Forte 6 to be a bit clicky (similarly to a TP5), the ball performed as well as the Pro V1X on approach shots and off the tee. Once you get used to the clicky feeling, this is a damn good golf ball.

As for the other balls in the line-up, I've been reading mostly good reviews on Forte Golf's Facebook page, with the only bad comments being how quick the balls wear but these are only really issues for the SS2 and SS3 at the moment. 

Price wise, how does that compare to premium quality balls? I'm not sure how much your plastic, kangaroo dollars are worth! (or how much balls come to down there with shipping, import taxes, etc.)

thanks for sharing this....I got my trial sleeves monday (1 gray 1 blue) and hope to try them out this weekend.......Looks like you can only get trials of the gray right now, curious what the price will be per dz...assume less than or equal the blue

thanks for sharing this....I got my trial sleeves monday (1 gray 1 blue) and hope to try them out this weekend.......Looks like you can only get trials of the gray right now, curious what the price will be per dz...assume less than or equal the blue

Hey. Seen this post and thought I'd respond. Greys will be available by the dozen in October for the same price as the Blues. Your gonna like both balls!

Hey. Seen this post and thought I'd respond. Greys will be available by the dozen in October for the same price as the Blues. Your gonna like both balls!

great.....I think I may prefer the lower compression gray....BUT, if they are as good as advertised, either way I'm saving almost 1/2 (DUO U's are 38 retail, softer still than the gray, but doubt i'm good enough to notice)

Just ordered a trial sleeve of the Cut Grey!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

Price wise, how does that compare to premium quality balls? I'm not sure how much your plastic, kangaroo dollars are worth! (or how much balls come to down there with shipping, import taxes, etc.)

In comparison, Titleist Pro V1s are AU$75 & TM TP5's are $65-70. 

• 2 weeks later...

Tried Gray and Blue both this weekend.....Really digging the blue.....not seeing any distance loss over my lower compression balls (or if it is, not noticeable)...and the spin is CRAZY......chips/pitches checking noticeably more than with my DUO U's and was spinning the crap outta full shots.......Had a PW from the ROUGH spin back 6" and a 9i from the fairway that took one bounce forward then put on the breaks and came back about 5 feet.......definitely holding the green better as well.......This may be my new ball.....I did struggle putting all weekend, not sure if maybe it's a little 'hotter' off the clubface or I just had a bad putting weekend.....even if it is, that would just take a little getting used to.    The Gray was decent, would put it more on par with what i have been playing, doesn't spin anywhere near the blue.

Tried Gray and Blue both this weekend.....Really digging the blue.....not seeing any distance loss over my lower compression balls (or if it is, not noticeable)...and the spin is CRAZY......chips/pitches checking noticeably more than with my DUO U's and was spinning the crap outta full shots.......Had a PW from the ROUGH spin back 6" and a 9i from the fairway that took one bounce forward then put on the breaks and came back about 5 feet.......definitely holding the green better as well.......This may be my new ball.....I did struggle putting all weekend, not sure if maybe it's a little 'hotter' off the clubface or I just had a bad putting weekend.....even if it is, that would just take a little getting used to. The Gray was decent, would put it more on par with what i have been playing, doesn't spin anywhere near the blue.

I really liked the Gray the I played this past weekend but with how you're making the Blue sound, I think I might need to get another sleeve to test out

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: 10.5* XR16 R Flex

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha V-Series 3 Wood R Flex

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 913H 21* R flex

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: C300 4-PW R Flex

Wedges: :titelist-small: SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: :cleveland-small: 2135 Cero 33" / :odyssey-small: EXO Seven S 33"

I really liked the Gray the I played this past weekend but with how you're making the Blue sound, I think I might need to get another sleeve to test out

considering the low price...i think trying a sleeve of each is the way to go for sure

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• 11 months later...

If your driver speed is 95MPH or less, try the Grey ball, it less compression like the ProV 1, I tried the Blue and I could not compress them. I love the feel and performance of this ball, try it.

I would rather play 36 holes on Sunday than watch a minute of the NFL, keep up the protests fools!

I was an 8 at my best...very briefly a 7...and for me, once the original Top Flite model disappeared,

there were two kinds of golf balls--

non-wound balls and wound balls that I wouldn't play.

Balata wasn't even on the table.

So if the ball didn't matter when I was an eight,

how good must one be to see the benefit from a modern, pro level, urethane covered ball?

It' not that I never played them.

I've gotten Pro V1s as gifts and played them.

For me, they played exactly like whatever was on sale at Dicks.

UNDERSTAND...I'm not denying that they're better. They have to be better.

But how good would I have had to be in order to notice?

In comparison, Titleist Pro V1s are AU$75 & TM TP5's are $65-70.

Wow!! Pricey. Good Grief...

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Cool review! Think I'll have to demo some of these as well. Thanks for sharing!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Wow!! Pricey. Good Grief...

On the Forte Golf website, you can get the 2-ball trial packs for free, but you will have to pay postage unfortunately.

Played the cut blue for the first time this weekend in Louisiana. First of all, I love them. They sound great and feel even better. My friend and I both noticed they seem to play a club lower than our usual ball of choice.(Meaning 10 yards less than usual) This isn't a huge deal if you factor that into your game, but seems like a lot considering the rave reviews these balls have had. Of course, for less than half the price per dozen for PV1, ten yards difference is a suitable sacrifice. 

Let me know what you think, are we crazy? 

Thanks!

Since the original review was a year ago I will just add mine here and hopefully keep the discussion alive.

I am proud to say that I have finally made the decision and the Cut Grey has now become my "gamer". Months ago, I ordered the sample pack off of Amazon. It included a sleeve of each of the 4 balls offered by Cut (Blue, Grey, White, Red). I am 42, a mid-handicapper, currently playing off a 16 and I have a high club head speed >110 with driver. My 150 club is a 42 degree, 9i. For my test I played each ball for several holes and was looking for what felt best to me and delivered the best response to my swing and short game. Unfortunately, my short game is lacking so I mostly went off of shot consistency and the feel. I really don't have high demands while putting but it needs to feel solid and not sound "clicky".

The Blue is a 4-piece Urethane ball, 90 compression. $19.95/dozen. that I think is every bit as good as the current market leaders in distance, spin, feel and sound. I think this is best for those with a high swing speed. The only reason that I don't play this one is that it is a little too high spin for me. I am not looking to hit a green and have the ball suck back 10 ft. On the courses that I play the most, I would end up spinning it back off the front of the green. Rather, I would like the ball to take a little hop and stop. Enter the Cut Grey...

The Grey is a 3-piece Urethane ball, 80 compression. $19.95/dozen. This is an all-around good ball for mid to high swing speeds. This ball is good off the tee and has a lower spin rate compared to the blue. I'm not sure if it is because there is one less layer or 26 fewer dimples but the difference is noticeable. As I stated earlier, I am looking for a ball that will check up on the greens and stay put. the Grey delivers on this. I usually find my pitch mark a couple of feet past the ball, so it does come back a little but not a crazy amount. The sound off the putter is a soft "tock" and rolls the distance I would expect it to. I have now purchased these by the dozen and played several rounds with them. The biggest surprise for me is that the cover of the ball has an almost tacky feel to it. This is not a bad feel in any way. It is like it will stick to the face of the club for a fraction of a second longer. I was waiting to see if it would go away as the round progressed but it remained even after mud, sand and washing (and at least one cart path).

The White is a 3-piece Surlyn ball, also 80 compression. $14.95/dozen. The surlyn cover is more durable than the urethane and will hold up to banking off a tree or cart path much better. This is a great ball but in all honesty, I lost all of them before getting a good feel for them. I was testing them on a course with a lot of water hazards. Lesson learned: New balls are attracted to water. I could find an old beat up ball in the rough and play it for several rounds but a new ball will be gone in a second...

The Red is a 2-piece Surlyn ball, 75 compression. $9.95/dozen. It is a low compression ball with a durable cover. This favors the lower club head speed player looking to get a bit more distance. I would compare it to the Srixon Softfeel or Callaway Supersoft. It is a good ball but not what I was looking for.

Each one of the balls has a built it alignment line so you can leave your Sharpie at home. The line is one of the best I have seen on a ball and the Grey has the words CutGOLF.3U in it. So, here is my only complaint... When trying out a mixture of the balls it is difficult to tell which is which. The only visual difference is the last two characters on that line 4U, 3U, 3S or 2S. As long as you pull them straight out of the colored sleeve, you are good to go, but if you mix them all together you may want to bring along your reading glasses to be able to tell them apart. If you have gotten this far in reading this review, I am sure that you have put together that the 4U stands for 4-piece Urethane. But just in case... that is what it means...

To figure out which one was best for me, I had to dissect what my game needs right now and what I truly like.

1. I like the feel of a urethane ball the best. (4U, 3U)

2. My swing speed dictates a higher compression. (4U, 3U)

3. I want good, but not super high, spin rates. (3U)

My overall impression is that Cut deserves to be a name that more golfers should be familiar with. Most of the people that I have played with since using them have never heard of the brand. This is understandable given the limited marketing that they do but I would hope that word of mouth picks up because of the quality of the product in relation to the price. I have also tried the sample pack of all of the Vice balls but still prefer the Cut. With so many options on the market, narrowing it down to one ball was very difficult. So, the final decision came down to value vs. performance. The performance is negligible between the big names and Cut so the clear advantage in my humble opinion goes to the Cut. 

WITB:
pxg-small.jpg 0811 Prototype Driver: (10.5 / s-flex)
image.png.cb4b01bb138fdc7ddf4f5e9396a76d82.png   Sub 70 Pro Tour Fairway 3W (15 / s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0341 Prototype, 5W (18, s-flex)
pxg-small.jpg 0311, 4-PW, (+1/2" / +2 up) ProjX LZ 6.0
pxg-small.jpg 0311 wedges, 52, 56, 60 degree
TommyArmour.jpg.d3c9da7d74a401e95b625f92af834200.jpg Impact No.3, Putter 35"

Dexterity: Right-handed

• 6 months later...

Gave a gray to my brother to play (higher SS and really hits down on irons creating good spin) and he tore the cover up in one round. It was full of scuffs and groove marks. Not sure if the gray is a thermoplastic urethane or cast urethane but would guess by the condition of the ball it was thermoplastic.

Would be interested to see if he got the same result from the blue...