Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Struggling with an aspect of your game

cnosil

Lets see, I put a 9 iron into the windshield of a Subaru, because i missed a par 3 by 15 feet and hit the cart path and it rocketed into the parking lot. I'm spraying my driver, can't make solid contact with my irons, and and my putting has been off by "Thaaaaaaaat much".. Oh yeah my wedges from inside 100 are horrible..

I might need to work on a few things. But I think I'm close to making a run at the tour.. So we'll see.. LOL..

Hey at least youre consistent. My problem is the days my driver works, my irons don't. I looking forward to the day they are all working

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

If you're struggling, IMO lessons are the best thing to cure them.

1.  practicing ... you're probably not practicing the right thing.  So two wrongs don't make a right.  Practicing what you believe to be the right thing & you don't get any better, doesn't make much sense.

2.  live with the limitation ... why would you want to?  You will never get better that way.  Well I'm not very good out of the sand so I'll just take my lumps and get on with it.  Do you practice that?  How often do people go to the range and practice in the bunkers?  Rarely if ever do I see anyone in them.

But struggling can also be mental.  I know it's like that for me a lot of times.  When I step away from the game for a while and take a breather, I usually come back and play better.  Like the struggles have disappeared and I'm starting over. 

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

After yesterday's round I was looking for the thread that said, "struggling with every aspect of your game."

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

After yesterday's round I was looking for the thread that said, "struggling with every aspect of your game."

Ah give yourself a break. I'm sure the hurricane set you back.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I had a much-needed lesson yesterday, and my swing was a hot mess. No wonder I was so inconsistent. Need to get to a range soon to practice.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I had an issue I have not run into for some time.

My irons 6 7 8 9 all we're going the same yardage.

Now comes a question, was this because of it being 94*

Using the 2016 b330 RSX.

Hit my driver on 10 and the shaft snapped. Ball went 150 yards Head went 50 yards.

And I was holding my shaft.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Ah give yourself a break. I'm sure the hurricane set you back.

That is true - I went two plus weeks without touching a club. Hit it much better today. I really had trouble with the rough around the greens both days.

The type of Bermuda at Innisbrook plays different than the rough at my club. :)

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I am really struggling right now with my wedge game, I had 5 shots from 100-110 yards on the back nine alone today, and I hit exactly 0 greens. One was a bit short and left, on the fringe, the other 4, three of them were 20 yards short, and the 4th was 20 yards left from 100 yards. I made 1 par, 2 bogeys, 1 double bogey, and then chipped in for birdie on 18. I was really, really steep coming in to the ball, and I stuck many of them straight into the ground. It was pretty frustrating out there. I will figure it out, but that's been my struggle

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I am really struggling right now with my wedge game, I had 5 shots from 100-110 yards on the back nine alone today, and I hit exactly 0 greens. One was a bit short and left, on the fringe, the other 4, three of them were 20 yards short, and the 4th was 20 yards left from 100 yards. I made 1 par, 2 bogeys, 1 double bogey, and then chipped in for birdie on 18. I was really, really steep coming in to the ball, and I stuck many of them straight into the ground. It was pretty frustrating out there. I will figure it out, but that's been my struggle

So I assume you're hitting them fat?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I know the struggle. Not sure if you suffer from the same root cause I had but I was trying to hard to hit it high. Once I started to try and hit it low, my divots shallowed out and I got much more consistent from those distances.

The funny part is it still goes high with spin.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

So I assume you're hitting them fat?

I do t think it's necessarily fat, Although I think it is considered that. I'm just coming in so steep that I have no chance to get the club through the ball. I'm making ball first contact, but the club goes 3 inches into the ground. The culprit is likely a lazy back leg which I sometimes hang back on, which causes the back shoulder to drop, which brings the club down very steep. I really need to stand tall. Hopefully I can get it straightened out and start hitting them more crisp.

I do t think it's necessarily fat, Although I think it is considered that. I'm just coming in so steep that I have no chance to get the club through the ball. I'm making ball first contact, but the club goes 3 inches into the ground. The culprit is likely a lazy back leg which I sometimes hang back on, which causes the back shoulder to drop, which brings the club down very steep. I really need to stand tall. Hopefully I can get it straightened out and start hitting them more crisp.

Yeah, I have a similar experience from time to time. For me usually it's the lack of aggressive, basically I didn't “stack” properly at impact. Usually my weight would be in the forward foot as I pivot and at impact with good amount of shaft lean but some time I got lazy and it'd end up left.

I do take good amount of divot but not deep. So may be check on your shaft lean at impact, it may have straightened a bit early.

Your ground must be very soft.  If I took a 3 inch deep divot, I would be going to the hospital.   :)

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I retired 2 years ago, and no... you won't. :D

I retired last Jan and KennyB is correct.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Your ground must be very soft. If I took a 3 inch deep divot, I would be going to the hospital. :)

Nope, unfortunately it is South Carolina clay. So yes there is some "shock" to the body. I think I saw China with one of the craters that I made.

Nope, unfortunately it is South Carolina clay. So yes there is some "shock" to the body. I think I saw China with one of the craters that I made.

Lmao , once I played with a Chinese group, one guy mishit his drive so bad he dugged a hole a couple of inches in front of his tee. His friend walked over and look at the crater and said while looking down whoa! I can see my house from here.

Lmao , once I played with a Chinese group, one guy mishit his drive so bad he dugged a hole a couple of inches in front of his tee. His friend walked over and look at the crater and said while looking down whoa! I can see my house from here.

Now that's funny!

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Here's the aspect that I'm really struggling with - not enough time to play and practice.

Now that the local muni is reopened I'm keeping a wedge and shag bag in the trunk so that I can grab a half an hour on the practice green at lunch.

The greens are so much slower than what I play on that I'm not sure about the benefits. I think I can transfer the practice by using less club around the greens at my Club. I'm practicing with the 48 but will use the 52 on my greens.

We'll see

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

I'm struggling with some coordination and balance issues which makes playing a hard game a bit more interesting.  I have requested an appointment with the VA to have some tests run to see if they can figure it out.   In the mean time the golf course is better than sitting on my arse at home.  Cutting grass and yard work is not my favorite past time. :P 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I'm struggling with some coordination and balance issues which makes playing a hard game a bit more interesting. I have requested an appointment with the VA to have some tests run to see if they can figure it out. In the mean time the golf course is better than sitting on my arse at home. Cutting grass and yard work is not my favorite past time.

Oh oh.. hope it's something simple and not like Jason Day vertigo bad......

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I'm struggling with some coordination and balance issues which makes playing a hard game a bit more interesting. I have requested an appointment with the VA to have some tests run to see if they can figure it out. In the mean time the golf course is better than sitting on my arse at home. Cutting grass and yard work is not my favorite past time. :P

Take care of yourself

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Archived