TESTERS WANTED! ×

Anyone else hit a car?

Reesedw

Playing yesterday pushed a a tee shot right hit a cart path and launched a ball into the parking lot and broke a windshield.. 

Sh!t.... am i the only one?? 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I don't know how I have yet to do this. Our hole 2 fairway is right of the parking lot, and just barely. I sometimes have a tendency to slice one left and it's always just short of the parking lot, but barely.

How mad was the wiener of the vehicle?

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I've he several roofs and window. Broke 2 for the pass 3 years I knocked on the backyard and gave them my info, paid for the damage, though legally im not responsible but it's the right thing to do. I was told by one, that it was their 3 replacement and I was the first to pay.

The next time I saw them, the lady walked down the fairway and brought me a lemonade. That was nice.

I don't know how I have yet to do this. Our hole 2 fairway is right of the parking lot, and just barely. I sometimes have a tendency to slice one left and it's always just short of the parking lot, but barely.

How mad was the wiener of the vehicle?

Not mad, she said things happen.. But I was pissed... the worst part, it was a par 3 and I missed the green by only 15 feet.. caught the cart path and bounce over the edge of a maintenance shed. 

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Wife was more pissed.. LOL

Dave-

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Playing yesterday pushed a a tee shot right hit a cart path and launched a ball into the parking lot and broke a windshield.. 

Sh!t.... am i the only one?? 

While I have never hit a parked car yet, I have put a drive in the back of a dump truck traveling the road beside the fairway.   So if anyone asks if I have ever hit a 300 yard drive, I can say: Heck, I've hit one that might have traveled for miles. 

PS... I have no idea why my phone corrected owner to wiener lmao

Never hit a car but, I have been hit by a sliced drive while driving my car down the road near by.  Put a nice dent in my hood and scared the crap out of me.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

There's a fairly busy road that runs down alongside the 18th fairway at a course I play. Close to the course, too. There's at least someone in each group who sends a power slice screaming towards the street. When this happens, the tee box gets eerily quiet, everyone listening for the inevitable. At this same course, a lady got hit in her yard when she was weeding. She sued. Kind of a sad golf course...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I've never hit one, came close a close of times. My buddy has a nickname of beamer. That BMW never saw what hit him. I watched it as he hit his tee shot. A low draw that should have faded for the hole. About 100 yds out the ball and car seemed to go into slow mo speed. Nothing we could do but watch. Couple seconds later, wham, right on that beamers butt in flight mind you. It was like one of those guided missiles you see on TV. Since that guy has been called beamer lol

BigTazz

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Follow me and #TeamLexi

#J_Wurz

#EthanSterlingPrice

#strokerAce

during the #CobraConnectChallenge

Twitter:  @bigtazzGOLF

Instagram: bigtazzgolf

Facebook: steve.rayburn

#PowerToThePlayer  #CobraConnectMGS

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

I have never hit a car, in 58 years of golfing, BUT I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Never hit a car, yet. We have road that runs beside the fouth hole, one of our group hit a nice high hook that bounced on the road and over a semi trailer. That's as close I've seen, but it's gonna happen one day.

Driver: Cobra F8 Tour length

3W: Cobra King F7 3/4 Wood

5W: Cobra King F7 5/6 Wood

Hybrid 3/4: Cobra F7 20.5*

Irons: 5 to PW Taylormade P790

A Wedge: 48* Vokey SM6 F grind

S Wedge: 54* Vokey SM6 M grind

L Wedge: 58* Vokey SM6 M grind

Putter: Rife Two Bar Hybrid 35" P2 Aware Tour grip

Ball: Taylormade TP 5X

Bag: Hot Z Canadian flag 🇨🇦

We have a road directly adjacent to the fairway on 17. I sliced one that dropped about 20 yards in front of a police car doing about 35. The ball must have bounced 20' up and continued to the other side of the street. Police car never stopped.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I've never hit a car, but I have hit the roof of a house and had it bounce back into play!!  At my club I used to park in one area of the lot until I was loading up one day and a ball came from the fairway on #2, bounced off the asphalt over my car and hit a truck.  I don't park there anymore.  It's actually not very close to the green, but a pulled, bladed shot will get there.  The kid that hit it there didn't come to get his ball and didn't apologize.  His dad said he was a beginner and basically chewed us out for even thinking his kid should apologize!  So much for teaching golf etiquette.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Was not with a golf ball but I did hit a SEPTA bus in college with a home run in intermural softball. The year after I graduated they made anyone hitting left handed use a 28" bat.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

The Muni that I grew up at has multiple boundary holes that run along a street. The 8th hole runs along a busy 4 lane road on the right with a stoplight near the green. This is one of several holes that is notorious for staying frozen after most of the course has thawed, and munis being munis, they let us go as soon as the first green is soft enough to play. With the street right, the common miss is left off the tee, and one frosty morning a playing partner was over there. That left him a 75 yarder that had to go over a tree with a back right flag that day. He launched it up in the air, it landed near the flag, and rifled out in the middle of the street like it was shot from a gun. Straight at a police car idling at the light. The ball slammed into the driver's door and the cop stared around wildly before sinking down in his seat, turning on his lights and sirens and getting the hell out of there. Poor guy thought he was in danger from something worse than a golf ball. The guy who hit the ball just stood there, white faced and jaw agape, while we literally rolled around on the ground howling with laughter. After we all got it together the guilty party said "I think I'll just take an 'X' on this one", which set us off once again.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 10.5 *NEW* Fujikura Pro Green 65 X

:callaway-small: Rogue 15 degree Evnflow Blue 6.5

Back in the Bag :srixon-small: Z765 4-G Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

:vokey-small: 54 and 60

:bobby-grace-1: Amazing Grace Ass Kicker

Wow, this comes up and last night when I was leaving the base, driving right along the golf course. I see this group on the tee box and the guy standing over his ball ready to hit. So as I drive along I am kinda watching the fairway to see where his ball goes. Then, it hits the road a few feet from my drivers door and bounces over the hood past the front of my car. I slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting it.  I bet the guy bout crapped himself for a second.  Anyway, it missed me so I hit the gas and kept going. It was close though.

:cobra-small: Max Superlite 9.5* Driver   :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 10.5* Driver    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 16* 3 Wood    :cobra-small: Fly-Z XL 19* 5 Wood

:taylormade-small: Mid Rescue - 2, 3, 4, & 5 Hybrids     :taylormade-small: M2 - 6 Hybrid

:cleveland-small: 588 Altitude 7-PW    :cleveland-small: Tour Action 588 52* Gap wedge   :cleveland-small: Smart Sole 58* San wedge

:cleveland-small: Frontline Elvado Single Bend 33" putter (testing)                   

:MLA: Target Adixion 33" putter

:titelist-small:  Velocity Golf Balls

I've been close to hitting a vehicle and if the ball were a hand grenade it would have tore his arse up however no direct hits.

There was a guy playing a golf course adjacent to the interstate and he hooked one over the fence and the ball bounced down the road hitting a car which caused the driver to run off the road and crash.  A cop roared up to the golf club, found the guilty golfer and asked him if he realized he caused an accident and what did he plan on doing about it.  The golfer thought about it for a couple of minutes and replied,  I'll roll the right hand more on top of the club and fix that nasty hook....  jk ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

We were playing a scramble at the local semi-private country club several years ago.  The 7th hole is a par 5 along a 4-lane city street separated by a chain-link fence and a row of very mature trees.  When they were giving out the prizes at the end of the tournament during the banquet, the announcer held up a golf ball and asked who's it was.  He described the markings on it.  A lady jumped up and said: "Oh, that's one of my husband's balls."  When the laughter subsided, the announcer said it was found out on the street.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

A driving range just outta town has 3 or 4 cars parked down range, so yes! While really golfing though, no.

My second year of golfing, it was just my mom and I out. Either 9th or 18th hole with houses and very tall, mature trees lining the fairway, but nothing on the other side of the houses. Stepped up and hit a huge, high slice. Stood there ready to grimace, but never heard anything. Drove down the street on the way out very slowly. Didn't see any damage, and couldn't find my ball. Shame too, cause it was a ProV1

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Never hit a car- although have bounced one into parking lots once or twice.  The "broken glass" moment for me occurred when I was in high school, working on a shot my father taught me- open stance, open blade, vertical (V shaped) swing with the objective of popping the ball almost directly up in the air (to get over a close obstacle) then land like a butterfly with sore feet... well, I thought with a little more UMMMF I could get it to clear our house ( I was in the backyard, our house was a typical 2 story brick cape cod).  What I didn't count on was blading it a little and having it go right thru the second floor hallway window.   So I had to take what little $ I had earned from lawn cutting and such,  and spend it on a window that was usually open anyway (there was a fan in the window, window itself never closed) but that excuse didn't fly...  1 hour and 25 bucks later, I had the new window and much less expendable cash for the weekend!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Yes,and was very costly.Was invited to play a great club locally a few years back.The 8th hole is 290 ish par 4 that runs parallel to a side road framed with members homes.A elderly member was driving her vintage Jaguar down that road when i teed off.Hit a viscous low snap hook 3 wood right into her front window.Right when I hit the ball I knew it wasn't going to be good.Had to pay for a vintage jaguar glass replacement which is wasn't cheap.Was never invited back either

Keep it in the short stuff

Yet to hit a car, but after reading this post it's sure to happen sooner rather than later  :wacko:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Tour 65 S 
:ping-small: G400 14.5*, Tour 75 S

:ping-small: G400 17.5*, Alta CB 65 S
:srixon-small: ZU65 23*, Miyazaki Kayla 7S

:srixon-small: Z765 5-7 / Z965 8-P, AMT Tour White S300
:callaway-small: MD2 50*, MD2 Tour Grind 54*, 58*
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten S
:bridgestone-small: Tour B RX
:ping-small: Hoofer 14

I've hit everything but a car. Most memorable hit, a metal shed, but it was situated on the corner of a dogleg right a few paces from the rough at a course called Chesapeake Hills. I knocked on the door and left my info but they never called. Of course I wasn't the only one as the thing looked like the surface of the moon, lots of pock marks and plenty of golf ball caused dents. Very bad placement of the shed.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

My worst was hitting an outhouse that was occupied.Really hit a clunker that hit the side and made an ear rattling "boom".Poor chap came out in shock.I didnt have enough courage to say it was me that hit it.Playing partners laughed about that one for years

Keep it in the short stuff

I think I hit my own car today, but I didn't see any damage done. I was the only one at the course so I put in some practice with the big stick. I sliced one left and it was heading right towards the parking lot, but usually never goes that far with a slice, but today it did. I saw it bounce, hit what I thought was my car, then bounce back the opposite way. I for sure thought it cracked a headlight or something. I was freaking out the entire time walking up to my vehicle. Didn't see any damage, so it either lost speed or hit something else close by my car. Got away unscathed.

I think I hit my own car today, but I didn't see any damage done. I was the only one at the course so I put in some practice with the big stick. I sliced one left and it was heading right towards the parking lot, but usually never goes that far with a slice, but today it did. I saw it bounce, hit what I thought was my car, then bounce back the opposite way. I for sure thought it cracked a headlight or something. I was freaking out the entire time walking up to my vehicle. Didn't see any damage, so it either lost speed or hit something else close by my car. Got away unscathed.

Ha! That's kind of funny. Another story if you had actually hit your car...

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Ha! That's kind of funny. Another story if you had actually hit your car...

I would probably still be cussing if I did. 🤣

Archived