Reesedw

Anyone else hit a car?

Our Sponsors

We were playing a scramble at the local semi-private country club several years ago.  The 7th hole is a par 5 along a 4-lane city street separated by a chain-link fence and a row of very mature trees.  When they were giving out the prizes at the end of the tournament during the banquet, the announcer held up a golf ball and asked who's it was.  He described the markings on it.  A lady jumped up and said: "Oh, that's one of my husband's balls."  When the laughter subsided, the announcer said it was found out on the street.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

A driving range just outta town has 3 or 4 cars parked down range, so yes! While really golfing though, no.

My second year of golfing, it was just my mom and I out. Either 9th or 18th hole with houses and very tall, mature trees lining the fairway, but nothing on the other side of the houses. Stepped up and hit a huge, high slice. Stood there ready to grimace, but never heard anything. Drove down the street on the way out very slowly. Didn't see any damage, and couldn't find my ball. Shame too, cause it was a ProV1

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Never hit a car- although have bounced one into parking lots once or twice.  The "broken glass" moment for me occurred when I was in high school, working on a shot my father taught me- open stance, open blade, vertical (V shaped) swing with the objective of popping the ball almost directly up in the air (to get over a close obstacle) then land like a butterfly with sore feet... well, I thought with a little more UMMMF I could get it to clear our house ( I was in the backyard, our house was a typical 2 story brick cape cod).  What I didn't count on was blading it a little and having it go right thru the second floor hallway window.   So I had to take what little $ I had earned from lawn cutting and such,  and spend it on a window that was usually open anyway (there was a fan in the window, window itself never closed) but that excuse didn't fly...  1 hour and 25 bucks later, I had the new window and much less expendable cash for the weekend!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Yes,and was very costly.Was invited to play a great club locally a few years back.The 8th hole is 290 ish par 4 that runs parallel to a side road framed with members homes.A elderly member was driving her vintage Jaguar down that road when i teed off.Hit a viscous low snap hook 3 wood right into her front window.Right when I hit the ball I knew it wasn't going to be good.Had to pay for a vintage jaguar glass replacement which is wasn't cheap.Was never invited back either

Keep it in the short stuff

Yet to hit a car, but after reading this post it's sure to happen sooner rather than later  :wacko:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Tour 65 S 
:ping-small: G400 14.5*, Tour 75 S

:ping-small: G400 17.5*, Alta CB 65 S
:srixon-small: ZU65 23*, Miyazaki Kayla 7S

:srixon-small: Z765 5-7 / Z965 8-P, AMT Tour White S300
:callaway-small: MD2 50*, MD2 Tour Grind 54*, 58*
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Ten S
:bridgestone-small: Tour B RX
:ping-small: Hoofer 14

I've hit everything but a car. Most memorable hit, a metal shed, but it was situated on the corner of a dogleg right a few paces from the rough at a course called Chesapeake Hills. I knocked on the door and left my info but they never called. Of course I wasn't the only one as the thing looked like the surface of the moon, lots of pock marks and plenty of golf ball caused dents. Very bad placement of the shed.

MDGolfHacker

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

My worst was hitting an outhouse that was occupied.Really hit a clunker that hit the side and made an ear rattling "boom".Poor chap came out in shock.I didnt have enough courage to say it was me that hit it.Playing partners laughed about that one for years

• Like 1

Keep it in the short stuff

I think I hit my own car today, but I didn't see any damage done. I was the only one at the course so I put in some practice with the big stick. I sliced one left and it was heading right towards the parking lot, but usually never goes that far with a slice, but today it did. I saw it bounce, hit what I thought was my car, then bounce back the opposite way. I for sure thought it cracked a headlight or something. I was freaking out the entire time walking up to my vehicle. Didn't see any damage, so it either lost speed or hit something else close by my car. Got away unscathed.

:ping-small: G400 Max

:ping-small: G410 3W

:ping-small: G410 3 & 4 Crossover

:ping-small: i200 5-PW

:vokey-small: Vokey SM7 | 52-56-60

:taylormade-small: Taylormade Spider X

I think I hit my own car today, but I didn't see any damage done. I was the only one at the course so I put in some practice with the big stick. I sliced one left and it was heading right towards the parking lot, but usually never goes that far with a slice, but today it did. I saw it bounce, hit what I thought was my car, then bounce back the opposite way. I for sure thought it cracked a headlight or something. I was freaking out the entire time walking up to my vehicle. Didn't see any damage, so it either lost speed or hit something else close by my car. Got away unscathed.

Ha! That's kind of funny. Another story if you had actually hit your car...

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Ha! That's kind of funny. Another story if you had actually hit your car...

I would probably still be cussing if I did. 🤣

Talked to the lady yesterday.. the car was a Subaru Forester.. She claims the windshield is almost $1100.. WTF? Claims it is a Special windshield.. So I'm turning this into my insurance.. Let them deal with her.. Good times.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Talked to the lady yesterday.. the car was a Subaru Forester.. She claims the windshield is almost $1100.. WTF? Claims it is a Special windshield.. So I'm turning this into my insurance.. Let them deal with her.. Good times..

Holy smokes!! For that price, it should've been bulletproof and never shattered in the first place.

• Like 3

I have never hit a car playing golf but I have in little league baseball though.  One time, a kid on my team hit a police car while he was giving my coach a ticket.  

Driver:  Taylormade 2017 M2 9.5 degree head played at 8 degrees.  Fujikura speeder evolution tour spec x flex shaft tipped 1/4 inch.  

3-Wood: 15 degree M2 tour.  Fujikura pro 73 tour spec X flex shaft.  

Mizuno H5 2 iron.

4 iron: mizuno mp h4 4 iron dynamic gold s300

5-pw iron: mizuno mp 54 dynamic gold s300

52, 56, 60 wedges: cleveland 588 rotex cavity

putter: 34 inch nike method 00 half circle mallet putter

While on vacation this past May, we left my Granddaughter (18) with our Mini Cooper. She went to a soccer game and the windshield was smashed with a soccer ⚽️. Since windshields are covered without fault my INS replaced it with zero deductible.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(48*) & SW(54*) Cobra King F8 LW(58*)all wedges have Recoil 460 regular shafts Putter: 33" Bellum-Winmore 707 putter Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

PS... I have no idea why my phone corrected owner to wiener lmao

We know why hahaha

• Like 4

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +2.4

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Lol I've actually hit a moving truck! First hole is close to the road and back then I had a vicious slice. I swung and it was heading towards the road and all of the sudden this comes comes flying up and the ball was heading right for it. I put my head down like I was putting a tee in the ground and heard the BANG! The guy kept driving and honked his horn at me lol not my best moment to say the least

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

I've have personally never hit one, but one of the guys I play with had his car hit twice in the past month. He has parked there for years with never being hit. I don't even know how it got hit. You would almost have to dead sh**k a driver to hit that direction. I guess that's just golf.

CobraConnectChallenge3

I've never hit a car but I've been in a group where a buddy broke the passenger window on an Escalade as it was driving down the road...very luck it didn't cause a wreck.

:cobra-small: King F7+ UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 6F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 6-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:cobra-small: King PuR Wedges 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 3.0 grip

Arccos Generation 1 Sensors on all clubs

Snell MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Unfortunately I have, sliced my second shot on a par 4 that has the road run next to it on the right. I started praying after I hit that shot that it didn't hit a car. Nailed the car right above the passenger side window. They pulled over and we talked. I offered to have it looked at a body shop. They took me up on the offer. I gave them the address of a shop where I know the owner. On the way there the car was t boned by a car that ran the light. Their insurance covered all the repairs and fix the dent.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Unfortunately I have, sliced my second shot on a par 4 that has the road run next to it on the right. I started praying after I hit that shot that it didn't hit a car. Nailed the car right above the passenger side window. They pulled over and we talked. I offered to have it looked at a body shop. They took me up on the offer. I gave them the address of a shop where I know the owner. On the way there the car was t boned by a car that ran the light. Their insurance covered all the repairs and fix the dent.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How does that possibly happen?!

• Like 2

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x