Stuck in the bag: What won't you update in 2018?

GolfSpy Dave

I don't know if I can actually answer this question ha ha. I'd say the thing most likely to not get changed would be my irons, but never say never!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Staying in my bag: 2017 M1 TM Driver with PX HZRDS Yellow 6.5 shaft, Mizuno JPX900 Forged 4-GW C-Taper Lite reg shaft, and SM6 54 and 58. Up for grabs is my TM Spider blade putter and TM 3w and hybrid Burner.

• Like 1

Driver:  :taylormade-small: 2017 M1 Driver 10.5* Project X HZRDUS Yellow 6.5

3 Wood:  :taylormade-small: 2017 M1  15* Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0

3 Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: 2017 M1  3 Hybrid

Irons:  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged (4-GW) w/ KBS C-Taper Lite Regular shafts

Wedges:  Mizuno T7 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter:  Scotty Cameron 2020 Special Select Newport 2

I'm completely locked in on my irons, Hogan PTx. Also really attached to my driver, a Nike Vapor Speed but if I found a more effective one then I MIGHT consider switching.

• Like 1

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Putter, irons, hybrids are safe - I'm replacing 2 wedges but with what I had prior.

If I replace fairway wood it's with something from the closet.

Driver is a possibility - 50/50 I would say.

Taylor Made Stealth 10.5  Aldila Ascent Red R flex

Ping G410 5, 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 5-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52, 56  

Ping Glide 3.0  Ping Eye 2 grind 58.8

L.A.B. Mezz.1 32.5"

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

OMG...that looks more like a Klingon warship then a putter.

Congrats, I wouldn't have the nerve to be seen with that in my bag.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Oh I don't have it. Just admirng it from afar. But I would have no problem putting it in the bag.

Matter of fact. I plan on talking to Sean and Tony at the PGA Show about a similar one from the garage if I can come up with a cool paint job. Want to have him take a quick look at my stroke to get the correct loft and length etc.

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 HZRDUS Red CB 6.0 

:titelist-small: TSiR2 10.0  Tensei Blue X ink 55g 

:titelist-small: TSR2 16.5 PX Evenflow 5.5 60 g 

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T200 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

Probably can answer 917 F2 18 degree as the only thing for sure.

I know I should also be saying irons. But well.....you all know me better than that.

• Like 3

So I have to throw out my entire first post on this after getting fit the other day. The realization that I was playing the wrong shaft in all of my clubs has lead to some expensive solutions. My wife says that all mentioned clubs below "damn sure better be safe" for 2018 now  :D  :D  :D

Driver: Playing an old TaylorMade R7 425 with Stiff Aldila NVS. If I get a tax return though a Ping G400 is in my future.

3wood: Sold the Cobra to help pay for irons. Good enough tax return and I will get a G400 3 wood as well

3 Hybrid: Talked the golf pro down on an old demo G30 that I am super accurate with to replace my Cobra F7's for sale. We'll see

Irons: Waiting on a set of Titleist AP2's to show up with F4 Recoils in them. Keeping the Srixons though so a shaft swap might be in order. Time will tell.

Wedges: Went back to my Vokeys. Loved the forgiveness on the Cleveland CBX's but after multiple rounds I could never get a feel for them on in between shots. Just a little too vague for my liking.

Putter: Edel E3. This thing isn'g going anywhere! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Best $375 I have ever spent.

• Like 5

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Right now the Driver, Hybrid, Putter, ball, all are safe for now.

If the new F8 driver can kick the Fly Z + out of the bag.

• Like 1

:titleist-small: TSR3 8*

:titleist-small: U505 16*

:titleist-small: U505 18*

:titleist-small:  T400 5/GW

:titleist-small:  SM9 54/10 58/8

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:titleist-small: 22 pro v1 x

So I have to throw out my entire first post on this after getting fit the other day. The realization that I was playing the wrong shaft in all of my clubs has lead to some expensive solutions. My wife says that all mentioned clubs below "damn sure better be safe" for 2018 now :D :D :D

Driver: Playing an old TaylorMade R7 425 with Stiff Aldila NVS. If I get a tax return though a Ping G400 is in my future.

3wood: Sold the Cobra to help pay for irons. Good enough tax return and I will get a G400 3 wood as well

3 Hybrid: Trying to talk the golf pro down on an old demo G30 that I am super accurate with to replace my CObra F7's for sale. We'll see

Irons: Waiting on a set of Titleist AP2's to show up with F4 Recoils in them. Keeping the Srixons though so a shaft swap might be in order. Time will tell.

Wedges: Went back to my Vokeys. Loved the forgiveness on the Cleveland CBX's but after multiple rounds I could never get a feel for them on in between shots. Just a little too vague for my liking.

Putter: Edel E3. This thing isn'g going anywhere! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Best $375 I have ever spent.

Can't wait to hear about those AP2's with the recoil.

• Like 1

I'm very happy with Recoils in my irons. A very brief, very limited test of their woods shaft in a 3W and a 5W not as much.
  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Well took care of that putter. Replaced that Odyssey with a Cameron. Hopefully wedges will be soon.

Blake

Bag is finished!! Got some early Christmas gifts from the wife. Got me two new wedges. Mack Daddy Forged Slate Sand Wedge and Lob Wedge. After I get my clubs cleaned up for their winter rest I'll post a WITB. BTW Callaway Pre-Owned is having a sell on wedges and putters. Buy one get one free.

Blake

• Like 2

CobraConnectChallenge3

I'm very happy with Recoils in my irons. A very brief, very limited test of their woods shaft in a 3W and a 5W not as much.

Elements or Elements Chrome? I got fitted into a Tour 65 for the G400 driver and GolfWRX says it is a UST designed shaft based on the Elements line. Curious to hear your experience with the shaft.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

HOLY.

COW.

The difference between the Recoil 95's and the Steelfibers is night and day. Got my AP2's in today and they just came alive with these shafts. Had demoed them with KuroKage graphite (meh) before but wow did they feel great with these.

Was hitting them so good on the range that I went out and played a quick 9. Hit 8 greens and the only one I didn't "hit" was a par 5 that I drove it into the water on. Hit a 7 iron to 8 feet on 2 First Iron Shot AP2 12 1 2017.JPG

and a PW to a foot PW 12 1 2017.JPG  on 9 for birdies. I hope work calms down so i can put these through more paces tomorrow!

• Like 4

Definitely keeping my 565 irons and my TM M2 Driver. Looking to build up a new wedge set and also try some new hybrids. Putter, I have to think about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

(this is an update of an earlier post)

4H (XR), 5h (tho I did upgrade to the current year version of the Ping Crossover) and irons (Cobra King OS 6-9i). Plus the MLA Tour XDream

Woods subject to change - eg. may drop the 5W and go back to an old 3H; and wedges - probably changing to ones with graphite shafts.

• Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..PXG Gen5 0811XF (PX EvenFlow Riptide CB 50/5.0 or Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue 45/A)
..Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (UST ProForce V2-HL 5/F3)
..Callaway Rogue ST Max OS 4H (PX Cypher Black 50/5.0)
..Callaway Big Bertha 5H (Recoil ZT9 460/F3)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT 60/A) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
..EvnRoll ER5 or MLA XDream (..Edel EAS 4.0 on the bench)
..all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

Driver: Wilson Triton

3W & 5W: Cleveland HiBore XLS

4H: Adams Idea Super

Irons (5-AW): Nike Slingshot 4D

SW & LW Cleveland 588 RTX

Putter: Taylormade Rosa Monte Carlo

At this point they all seem safe. The Triton is new (replaced a HiBore XL) and I'm very happy with it. Looks like, club-wise, a stable year. I just had everything re-gripped so that gives them all new life.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: PXG 0811XF 10.5 Regular flex

2W: PXG 0341X Regular flex

3-5H: Callaway Steelhead XR

6I-SW: Callaway Steelhead XR

LW: Callaway MD

Putter: TaylorMade Rosa Monte Carlo

Ball: OnCore Elixer

Most of the bag should be safe for 2018, with three possible exceptions:

• Nike Covert 2.0 driver (Wishon S2S Red) - SAFE
  • Wishon 775HS hybrids (2, 3, 4, 5) (Wishon S2S Red Hybrid) - probably SAFE, but I may replace the 2-hybrid with a 5-wood at some point
  • Wishon 979SS irons (6, 7) (Wishon S2S Red Iron) - SAFE
  • Wishon 979SS irons (8, 9, P) (Wishon S2S Stepless Steel) - SAFE
  • Ping Glide wedges (50°SS, 54°SS, 58°ES) (Ping CFS Wedge) - probably SAFE, but I may replace the 58°ES with the same model in the Glide 2.0 line at some point
  • Ping Scottsdale TR Piper C putter - probably SAFE, but I'm coveting an Evnroll ER2CS

Driver: Ping G400 Max (10.5°) - Wishon S2S Red Wood R
Hybrids: Wishon EQ1-NX (20°, 24°) - Wishon S2S Red Hybrid R
Irons: Wishon EQ1-NX (6i-9i) - Wishon S2S Red Iron R
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 2 (46°, 52°), Cleveland CBX Full-Face (58°, 64°) - Project X LZ 5.5
Putter: Ping DS72 C and/or Sub70 005 Wide Blade CS
Balls: Srixon Z-Star