TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos Winning Awards...

I don't know about you guys, but this Caddie feature is one of the coolest golf tech advances to hit in a long time. Any of you guys have experience with these on course? I have been heavily considering ditching my rangefinder and going to simply Arccos...

unnamed.jpg

Arccos Caddie Honored as ‘Most Innovative Product of the Year' 
at the Golf Awards by American Golf

Golf's First Artificial Intelligence Platform Recognized at
Gala Event Hosted by United Kingdom's Largest Golf Retailer

STAMFORD, Conn., September 12, 2017 â€“ Arccos Golf today announced that Arccos Caddie, golf's first artificial intelligence (AI) platform, has been honored as “Most Innovative Product of the Year” in the inaugural Golf Awards by American Golf.

Determined by American Golf – the U.K.'s largest golf retailer – based on voting by thousands of its customers, this distinction formally recognizes the power of Arccos Caddie to help players of all skill levels shoot lower scores by making smarter, data-driven decisions on the course.

Developed in partnership with Microsoft, Arccos Caddie leverages the golf industry's richest data set – over 75 million shots hit by the Arccos community, as well as precise elevation data and 368 million geotagged data points on more than 40,000 courses. It also accounts for weather conditions, including forecasted wind speed, wind direction, precipitation, temperature and more. Arccos Caddie can be used by anyone, on nearly any hole in the world, regardless of whether a golfer has previously played the course.

“Every shot in golf involves a decision-making process, and the caddie's role has historically been to help you make more intelligent choices. Yet today, only a tiny percentage of players have access to a caddie,” said Sal Syed, CEO and Co-Founder of Arccos. “Everyone else is missing out on a crucial source of information that can help inform every shot. With Arccos Caddie, we're democratizing the caddie experience through the power of AI and the Microsoft Azure cloud.”

Initially released in beta on May 22, Arccos Caddie was recently updated with several new features. These were highlighted by real-time “Plays Like” distance calculations that precisely account for the impact wind speed, wind direction and elevation have on how far each shot travels. The platform was further enhanced with refined machine learning and AI algorithms, as well as persistent displays of wind and elevation data throughout the round.

“This year has seen some fantastic technological innovations, but Arccos Caddie really has stood out from the pack,” said Daniel Gathercole, Director of Marketing and Communications at American Golf. “Thousands of U.K. golfers have voted for the Golf Awards by American Golf, so to receive this award is a real endorsement of the steps forward Arccos have managed to take with its technology.”

Players using the Arccos 360 system – which provides access to Arccos Caddie – improved their handicap by an average of 2.77 strokes in 2016. The connected golf system helps players know:

• How Far to Hit Each Shot â€“ with rangefinder GPS (in yards or meters) to any point on more than 40,000 courses worldwide
  • Which Club to Use in Every Situation â€“ with Smart Distanceâ„¢ data on true averages for each club in your bag
  • What to Practice â€“ with the proprietary Tour Analytics platform, an enhanced version of the Strokes Gained algorithm that provides insights about a player's strengths and weaknesses, including handicap breakdowns for Driving, Approach, Chipping, Sand and Putting
For more information, please visit: www.arccosgolf.com.

Additional Resources:
About Arccos Golf, LLC
Arccos Golf, LLC develops game-changing connected golf products. The company is revolutionizing the golfing experience by integrating automatic shot tracking with Artificial Intelligence to deliver unparalleled insights that help players maximize their potential.

:titelist-small: TS3 8.75 with HZRDOUS Yellow and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:callaway-small: XR 16 3W & 5W with HZRDOUS Red shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:srixon-small: U65 4i with Fujikura MCI shaft and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: AP3 5-PW with Accra Tour 110i shafts and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:titelist-small: SM7 50F, 54S and 60M grinds with Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400 and Black MicroPerf Best Grips.

:bettinardi-1: Queen B #6 with 34" Stability Shaft and P2 Aware Tour Grip.

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 Golf Ball.

Jones Utility Golf Bag.

Dormie Custom Headcovers.
Bushnell Pro X2 Laser Rangefinder.

I have Arccos and I love it. I haven't used the caddie feature yet, but I plan to this weekend. The entire Arccos hardware is pretty amazing stuff.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I think It (Arccos) is getting closer and closer to really nailing this and will probably continue to evolve the product.  I may be getting close to pulling the trigger on it, but then again, this late in the season, I may just wait until I go to the PGA Show and see where it is at that point and if there is anything new for 2018. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

After my experience in the Cobra Connect Challenge I can definitely see adding Arccos to the rest of the bag very soon.

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Archived