TESTERS WANTED! ×

Taylormade spider putters

cnosil

Will be interesting to watch their price, sales on eBay and golf forums, and comments about these putters now that Day and DJ have moved on to new putters. Will those that swore by the putter now say the putter doesnt work for them anymore. Always interesting how the tour players influence sales and comments

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Me as well - I like ok at what's in the bag on tour and even though I know my bag should be the opposite of what I see it's hard to ignore that pull.

I only recall ever buying one club that I saw on tour because I saw it on tour - that crazy big headed putter that Jack used to win the Masters in '86.

At least I had the logic that it would be more difficult to flip the toe of that thing over and pull my putts - it was and it stayed in my bag a long time - ten years or more.

You see a lot of those Spiders around. Why not the EVNroll E6?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I just picked up a Spider Tour, the DJ model, a couple weeks ago. Finally got it extended and regripped last night and so far, I'm loving it. I don't necessarily think my purchase came because DJ used it, but I know that is how it goes sometimes.

I do see a lot of people selling them now, I'm not sure if it's because DJ and Day have moved on, or if I just notice it more now that I have one. But like you said, it will be interesting to see what happens. There was word that they are introducing new models come early 2018.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Ive been watching for some time that the guys that are winning, Speith, Dj, and others are almost to a man still using an 'answer' type putter. Mallets to 2ball to spiders come and go but the one that works day in day out are the ones these guys use.... still.

The ping B60 even had its run but the "answer" is how its done.

I will admit I bought a spider because it was winning on tour. Has it helped my game? I believe it has. And that is all that should matter. I like it and I will be in the bag for a long time

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Will be interesting to watch their price, sales on eBay and golf forums, and comments about these putters now that Day and DJ have moved on to new putters. Will those that swore by the putter now say the putter doesnt work for them anymore. Always interesting how the tour players influence sales and comments

That is a good question.

I picked up the Jd red spider because it was a sweet red color and the headcover was awesome. But I also really like using putters with a flow neck and the putter was/ is pretty forgiving. I would like to try it out against an even roll, but nowhere to try it out around here.

I'll be on the look out for the price drop

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

I bought the red spider because of the amount of tour wins it has, tried the evenroll first the feel and sound felt muted. The spider interesting enough sets your hands behind the ball I've never putted better from 5ft and in. The cost was high but more birdies and the putter paid for itself in a month.

acemkr9

It is all promotion. I would say 95% of the mainstream recreational golfers will use stuff they see the pros on tour use. Now out of that 95% maybe it works for them (JA Custom and ace here) but most of the time it is some sort of status thing. Remember the RORS Nike #9 putters a while back? That was when Nike released only 500 or so of them. Over on WRX they went wild on them and some folks walked away empty handed. I remember there was a thread with people griping about not getting them. Actually some of us dubbed it the "Nike Butthurt" thread. LOL those putters are not worth much more now than an used Ping Anser. Heck with most folks say a top player on tour gets hot with a putt putt putter people would be stealing them from the putt putts the next week. But in a nutshell you have to find and get what looks good to you that you can putt with no matter who does/does not play with one on tour and regardless of age or name brand.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Me as well - I like ok at what's in the bag on tour and even though I know my bag should be the opposite of what I see it's hard to ignore that pull.

I only recall ever buying one club that I saw on tour because I saw it on tour - that crazy big headed putter that Jack used to win the Masters in '86.

At least I had the logic that it would be more difficult to flip the toe of that thing over and pull my putts - it was and it stayed in my bag a long time - ten years or more.

You see a lot of those Spiders around. Why not the EVNroll E6?

This about sums it up.....

https://youtu.be/c8GdPqTa4Rk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Looks like Day moved back to a mallet but is using the Odyssey #7 now. Quite interesting to me. You'd think he'd go back to the spider if he's gonna go back to a mallet.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Looks like Day moved back to a mallet but is using the Odyssey #7 now. Quite interesting to me. You'd think he'd go back to the spider if he's gonna go back to a mallet.

It is a TM putter that is shaped like a fang. It is a TM Red Ardmore 2 model.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I was thinking the same thing once DJ went to the blade.

Here's a scenario to ponder: Since DJ was (at least a few weeks ago) using a Gretzky-themed Tyson Lamb putter cover, and since Lamb did build The Great One a custom flatstick, we can assume that DJ has likely seen (and rolled?) it at some time. Could a Lamb Crafted putter be seen in his bag in the future? Or does the Taylormade $$$$ (and contract) say no, unless they commission him to build one with some type of TM badging (not sure TL would let his work be re-appropriated though)

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

I will admit I bought a spider because it was winning on tour. Has it helped my game? I believe it has. And that is all that should matter. I like it and I will be in the bag for a long time

I bought one for the same reason. Put it on my Mitchell digital machine couple 4 time to get it right, changed out the shaft and now it works get for long putts as well as faster greens. Have a great fall golf season

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Looks like DJ switched back for today's round and the putts still weren't falling. It's probably too late for him to get it together but here's hoping 🤞

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Regripped mine tonight with a Golf Pride Tour SNSR 140cc, can't wait to test it on course. Been rolling a few on my putting green and the grip feels so good!

Looks like DJ switched back for today's round and the putts still weren't falling. It's probably too late for him to get it together but here's hoping 🤞

We shall see what DJ uses at the president cup since he went back to it again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Regripped mine tonight with a Golf Pride Tour SNSR 140cc, can't wait to test it on course. Been rolling a few on my putting green and the grip feels so good!

Contour or straight? I've got a 140 contour on mine. Dislike the neon, but feels so good. Wonder how many more they'd sell if they have a better color scheme?

Contour or straight? I've got a 140 contour on mine. Dislike the neon, but feels so good. Wonder how many more they'd sell if they have a better color scheme?

Went with the straight. I wasn't a fan of the neon either, but I think the blue/yellow is growing on me. I sorta like it!

Did you go contour or straight? I've got a 140 contour on my putter, live the feel but dislike the neon. Wonder how many more they'd sell with better color scheme?

Archived