Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

STUDque's Semifinal Live Stream

STUDque

Stud, great job- But I gotta tell you, I cant for the life of me understand how you can be typing or narrating away while trying to play and win.  It was hard enough for me to remember to take a few photos of CG and Wahoo during our game yesterday- Just dont know how you can do it and still focus on golf!

My hat is off to you- great win! and even greater narrating the hole by hole.  Feherty may not have anything to worry about, but you got it all over Bones Mackay...

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah buddy! I got 2 points and so did Richie. I'll put together a little recap shortly. Gotta get some dinner first.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Nice round. Congrats!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Stud, great job- But I gotta tell you, I cant for the life of me understand how you can be typing or narrating away while trying to play and win. It was hard enough for me to remember to take a few photos of CG and Wahoo during our game yesterday- Just dont know how you can do it and still focus on golf!

My hat is off to you- great win! and even greater narrating the hole by hole. Feherty may not have anything to worry about, but you got it all over Bones Mackay...

It's not as difficult as you think. I could have showed you yesterday.

For me I keep the thread up on Tapatalk. That also makes it easy to insert a quick Pic if you want.

If you're the passenger in the cart. Just tap it out quickly on the way to the next hole, while your opponent is complaining about the missed 4 footer to win the hole.

If you're the driver. Tap it out as soon as you park. Assuming your not 1st on the tee.

It's easier if it's a foursome. Tougher if it's just the two of you.

Here's my recap:

Oh man what a round. I had an awesome time and I'm glad you all came along for the ride. Bill played me tough and he's a really good guy so I enjoy playing with him every time we go out. The match between Richie and John was an excellent battle to watch as well since they're the captains for our respective teams.

My story of the round was scrambling. Since short game practice is free, I've done a ton of it lately and it really showed. I got up and down from almost everywhere. My long game was suspect and I found a lot of bunkers (which I don't normally do). I didn't count putts but it couldn't have been very high because I put almost no pressure on my putter.

Jose gave us tons of wind to deal with and intermittent rain. We didn't have a single hole where the wind was behind us, it was almost always a cross breeze besides #10 that was dead into the teeth.

GtN4prv.jpg

#8 was the signature hole of the match. Due to handicaps, I had to give a stroke since it's the hardest hole on the course. The wind was blowing hard left to right with OB down the right side. I started my tee shot on the intended line but it sailed away and ended up less than a foot from OB in deep rough. There was a tree just to my 11o clock. I was 157 from the hole and my ideal line would've been right through the center of the tree. I played a fade off the wind that missed hitting the right edge of the tree by inches. It landed in front of the pin then settled near the top of the tier ridge about 18 ft from the cup. I played it two balls to the left of the cup drained a fast downhill putt for birdie. Then Bill dropped a 10 ft par putt on top of it to halve the hole. Gotta tip your cap when guys do that.

hFRb9J3.jpg

After finishing all square on the front, I controlled the back until #16 where I almost lost control when I took an ugly double bogey. My tee shot ended up here. My intended punch out was the green line but I caught it fat and hit the red line. I didn't play as aggressive a swing as I needed since I was scared to hit it straight and run way through the fairway. It wasn't at all what I intended and left about 76y to the pin. I guess I should consider myself lucky that it didn't ricochet into the hazard.

It was a left pin and I pushed the shot to the right center of the green leaving a tough two putt over a ridge and ended with a 3 jack for double.

Momentum was on Bill's side at this point since he took par when I already owed him a stroke. I blasted the tee shot on 17 to get myself feeling good again. After dumping the 2nd shot from 115 into the bunker, I almost jarred it for an easy gimme. Then 18 was a walk in the park.

c6qNoL5.jpg

I'm singing the ProV1 praises after this round. This bad boy made it through all 18 and looks like he's ready for me to refill the red dot and go back out for more. The final score was 81/86 and I won 6 holes to 3. Richie went 84/91 and won 7 holes to 4. Add these results to Monday's matches: we're up 4 points, 9 holes, and a bunch of strokes. There's 3 more matches tomorrow so I hope those guys can slam the door and put us in the championship!

In conclusion:I had a great time live streaming and I appreciate the positive words throughout. I partially felt like I had to play better since I was reporting every hole to MGS. Richie kept score and I just copy/pasted the template so it was a piece of cake to update the thread. A 5 hour round was rough but it didn't really feel that long since there was no one in front or behind us.

I'm still on my hunt for breaking 80 but I didn't miss by much today. Besides #16, I didn't leave a ton of shots out there. I just need to find more fairways and greens. Here's hoping I've still got more golf to play!

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Stud, remember that this game is as much mental as physical- so wear mis-matched shoes- guarantee you it will get inside their head, at least for a hole of two... Good luck man!

I went with white. I'm glad I did because the blacks are fairly new and I would've had some nice blisters coming in. Need to hurry up and break those in.

"When it's breezy, swing easy."

Wise words!

stay focused...........you got this

What he said ^^^

Thanks!

I'm getting in the car stalling hoping I see a win on 17 before pulling out.

Your wish is my command.

I'm not sure why I find this so interesting but I do....good luck Stud!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Well done Stud.

Thanks!

It's not as difficult as you think. I could have showed you yesterday.

For me I keep the thread up on Tapatalk. That also makes it easy to insert a quick Pic if you want.

If you're the passenger in the cart. Just tap it out quickly on the way to the next hole, while your opponent is complaining about the missed 4 footer to win the hole.

If you're the driver. Tap it out as soon as you park. Assuming your not 1st on the tee.

It's easier if it's a foursome. Tougher if it's just the two of you.

That's basically what I did. I walk so it's even easier.

Just did a tally in my head, it was 30 putts. Didn't make very many long-ish putts but I had 5 chips that left me with gimme one putts. This rounds backs Rev's philosophy on putting where there's way more strokes to be gained with the wedges than the putter.

Well done buddy!

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Good job dude!

BigTazz

Grip in Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball!

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Congrats again on the win and the story about hole 8. Judging from the picture, thats a Mickelson'esque escape.

Hope you make it to the championship.

Update:

Another match was added for today:

(them)Trent [9] vs (us) John [12]

Handicap-wise, we're in good shape since two of our three guys will be getting strokes.

Here's the overall state of the match:

Net Strokes: We lead by 12

Holes: 25-16 Us

As long as our guys can keep it in play, I think we'll be moving on to the ship! Looking to be beautiful weather too.... Those lucky dogs.

Sic em Studster!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Just got this text from my team captain:

"I had a dream last night that we beat the Bogeymen 8-6... but then I realized... we'd beat them by way more than that. Congratulations BUSKWACKERS!!! We won 10-3!!! On to the Championship and I have a feeling we keep what's ours the 2017 PAX League Golf Championship!"

Yeeeeaaahhhhhh buddy! I'll start a new thread if I end up with a match for next week.

Let's Gooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Edit: I'm not sure that was the final score. There was a total of 14 points available through the matches then 4 more for the overall bonuses for strokes and holes (2 points each) making total available points of 18. My guess would be the actual total was 14-4 or 15-3.

Don't know how I missed this thread but enjoyed every bit of it. Well done Stud!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Just got this text from my team captain:

"I had a dream last night that we beat the Bogeymen 8-6... but then I realized... we'd beat them by way more than that. Congratulations BUSKWACKERS!!! We won 10-3!!! On to the Championship and I have a feeling we keep what's ours the 2017 PAX League Golf Championship!"

Yeeeeaaahhhhhh buddy! I'll start a new thread if I end up with a match for next week.

Let's Gooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Edit: I'm not sure that was the final score. There was a total of 14 points available through the matches then 4 more for the overall bonuses for strokes and holes (2 points each) making total available points of 18. My guess would be the actual total was 14-4 or 15-3.

Jump forward to:

THE CHAMPIONSHIP LIVE STREAM THREAD

Archived