TESTERS WANTED! ×

What's the longest hole you've played? Bet it wasn't 1250 miles...

hckymeyer

Thought this was kind of cool.  A guy has officially played the longest golf hole ever.  1250 miles and took 20,093 shots.  Pretty cool article and the guy did it to raise money for charity.

http://www.golf.com/tours-news/2017/09/17/1250-miles-20000-shots-longest-golf-hole-ever-now-history

Here's a record that could last a while.

On Saturday afternoon, Adam Rolston, a 28-year-old former rugby player from Northern Ireland, coolly drained a 7-footer on the 18th green a Mt. Bogd Golf Club in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, to complete the longest golf hole in history, as first reported by the Telegraph.

The distance? 1,250 miles. His score? 20,093.

"We have had dozens of people telling us we were mad or crazy, with comments ranging from: ‘That's impossible' to ‘Do you not have anything better to do?'" Rolston said. "It's been awesome and it's been tough. You can relate it to rugby, you don't enjoy every minute of it but when you look back on things you enjoy the tough things you do in life."

Rolston linked up with rugby friend Ron Rutland to serve as his caddie, and together they set up an 80-day trip across Mongolia to raise money for children's sports charities. Rolston had previously completed a bicycle ride through each country in Africa in a similar charity initiative, and he began this journey at Khüiten Peak, the highest and westernmost point of Mongolia. Together Rolston and Rutland trekked east to the nation's lone golf course, passing through swamps, hills, rivers and desert along the way. He lost dozens of golf balls (but less than 150 of the 400 he took) and his supply cart nearly tipped over in the final hours, but he made it. All told, it took 80 days to complete the trip, and they raised more than $20,000 for charity.

The European Tour sanctioned the adventure, and it will reportedly qualify for the Guinness Book of World Records.

Even after completing an arduous journey while averaging about 250 shots per day, Rolston still isn't done with the sport.

"I definitely want to keep playing when I get back," he said. "I've been super-pumped about playing golf every day. I might hit fewer balls when I get back, but I will still be addicted to the game as much as I ever have been."

Now that's commitment.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thought this was kind of cool. A guy has officially played the longest golf hole ever. 1250 miles and took 20,093 shots. Pretty cool article and the guy did it to raise money for charity.

http://www.golf.com/tours-news/2017/09/17/1250-miles-20000-shots-longest-golf-hole-ever-now-history

Here's a record that could last a while.

On Saturday afternoon, Adam Rolston, a 28-year-old former rugby player from Northern Ireland, coolly drained a 7-footer on the 18th green a Mt. Bogd Golf Club in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, to complete the longest golf hole in history, as first reported by the Telegraph.

The distance? 1,250 miles. His score? 20,093.

"We have had dozens of people telling us we were mad or crazy, with comments ranging from: ‘That's impossible' to ‘Do you not have anything better to do?'" Rolston said. "It's been awesome and it's been tough. You can relate it to rugby, you don't enjoy every minute of it but when you look back on things you enjoy the tough things you do in life."

Rolston linked up with rugby friend Ron Rutland to serve as his caddie, and together they set up an 80-day trip across Mongolia to raise money for children's sports charities. Rolston had previously completed a bicycle ride through each country in Africa in a similar charity initiative, and he began this journey at Khüiten Peak, the highest and westernmost point of Mongolia. Together Rolston and Rutland trekked east to the nation's lone golf course, passing through swamps, hills, rivers and desert along the way. He lost dozens of golf balls (but less than 150 of the 400 he took) and his supply cart nearly tipped over in the final hours, but he made it. All told, it took 80 days to complete the trip, and they raised more than $20,000 for charity.

The European Tour sanctioned the adventure, and it will reportedly qualify for the Guinness Book of World Records.

Even after completing an arduous journey while averaging about 250 shots per day, Rolston still isn't done with the sport.

"I definitely want to keep playing when I get back," he said. "I've been super-pumped about playing golf every day. I might hit fewer balls when I get back, but I will still be addicted to the game as much as I ever have been."

Now that's commitment.

It felt like it 😁

Sent from my SM-G930V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

He only lost 150 balls......I feel like I have done that in a weekend in Myrtle Beach before B)

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Not necessarily a hole, but the cart staff would tee up at dusk on one of the near tee boxes and we'd play across the globe...it was essentially tee off on 10 and play all the way across the course any way possible to the furthest greens. It's fun.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Not necessarily a hole, but the cart staff would tee up at dusk on one of the near tee boxes and we'd play across the globe...it was essentially tee off on 10 and play all the way across the course any way possible to the furthest greens. It's fun.

lol, we did that too.  That was fun  :D

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

That sounds very interesting. I take it 10 is one corner of the course, and the hole would be on the opposite corner?

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

At my former club we played two holes across the property.  Tee on on 10 and play through the course to the third green.  I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,100 yards.  Then we played the short 900 yard hole back from the 4th tee to the 13th green.  Most times playing these holes may or may not have involved a lot of alcohol.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

That sounds very interesting. I take it 10 is one corner of the course, and the hole would be on the opposite corner?

We'd select random holes. The width of the lake would force us to go out and around to the opposite holes to the left. There were a lot of options.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

We'd select random holes. The width of the lake would force us to go out and around to the opposite holes to the left. There were a lot of options.

That got me thinking about my course. Would be a good time for sure

Archived