Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

2017 Christmas Gifts Ideas

cnosil

I know it is a little early but I am already being asked what is on my Christmas list. So what are you thinking about?

My considerations:

1. Full bag fitting - hoping that club champion does their sale again this year to make it more affordable.

2. Custom putter cover - loved the judges cover and would like to do something for myself, just don't know what to do. This could also lead to custom ball markers - we have some members that do a great job with these; but like the cover can't come up with a good design to represent me.

3. Rain gloves - I use these in the summer months when my hands sweat. Wore out my pair this year so I need some new ones. Wish they sold only one glove instead of 2 because the right one never gets used.

4. Short game and full swing lessons. Want to do a swing check and fine tuning and also have someone look at my short game swing since it seems to be a miserable failure.

So let's hear what is on your Christmas/must have/high cool factor list.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Good question.   I can't really say a Christmas List as my fiance and I don't by gifts anymore, as we hate trying to see what the other needs as we are both pretty well set with most things.    So we usually just take a little trip or something around Christmas.

But a WISH List in case any Secret Santa's are watching:

Full TPI Session at Titleist would be the dream item

other things:

Golf Shoes:  Puma, Adidas or Ecco

Rain Pants

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Speaking of Secret Santa Has the forum ever participated in forum-only one?

As far as my wish list goes, I'd love a new F7 3-4W and hybrid, as well as a new bag, but that's about it really.

Oh, and some i200s

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Speaking of Secret Santa Has the forum ever participated in forum-only one?

As far as my wish list goes, I'd love a new F7 3-4W and hybrid, as well as a new bag, but that's about it really.

Oh, and some i200s

I know where you're going with that, but certain people get upset when you do the same things they do  :D

Monument Golf - Stick It Strap

Leave the rain gloves off the wish list and just keep a few nitrile gloves in your bag.

FlightScope Mevo is on my list.

I also wouldn't turn down the JP Wedge Fitting Experience.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

The blond and I decided on no gifts this year, other then maybe a few stocking stuffers.

Instead we booked a stay at Sandals South Coast in Jamaica in February, we'll be there for Valentine's day.

Sent from my SM-N950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wishon clubs, Odyssey CS stroke lab putter

Good question. I can't really say a Christmas List as my fiance and I don't by gifts anymore, as we hate trying to see what the other needs as we are both

My wife and I are the same but I have a mother, inlaws and a daughter that "need" to get me something even though I don't really have any real specific things.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

My wife and I are the same but I have a mother, inlaws and a daughter that "need" to get me something even though I don't really have any real specific things.

Yeah, it make it easy.  we don't have kids, my father has passed, my mother has dementia and is in a nursing home.   My brother/sisters and I stopped exchanging gifts many years ago.   As for extended family like cousins and aunts, pretty much just exchange Christmas cards as they are spread out throughout the SE. 

So unless I buy something for a golf buddy or someone at work, we literally have no Christmas shopping to do.   It's nice, but sometimes I actually miss the excitement and stress of it.   So if anyone locally needs a shopper for hire this Christmas let me know!!

I know where you're going with that, but certain people get upset when you do the same things they do :D

Who else does it/have done it? I usually partake in the RedditGiftExchange, if that is the one you're referring to.

Who else does it/have done it? I usually partake in the RedditGiftExchange, if that is the one you're referring to.

I thing CG2 is referring to the forum that shall not be named. I think WRX does one as well.

Honestly and for the record, I am not a big secret santa gift exchange person so I wouldn't participate. Not that I don't love all of you but that just isn't my thing

Haven't given this much thought, but there may be some golf stuff in there.  My B-day is in April too so that's right around the start of the season and I usually as for golf stuff then.

I'd go with 6 dozen Snell MTB

Epic Sub Zero head (would just end up buying myself)

New wedges (Mizzy T7)

Custom mallet head cover once a certain company decides to start making mallet covers

That's about it for now

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Tbh, golf stuff for Christmas is a little depressing because you can't even use it for a few more months. I remember when I got my irons, it was a long couple months practicing my bump and runs on the carpet.

For me? I'd love to get a drone for Christmas. A good one that can take 4k video. They're more affordable now than ever. One thing I've really been wanting to do is to capture a flyover of my golf courses.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Tbh, golf stuff for Christmas is a little depressing because you can't even use it for a few more months. I remember when I got my irons, it was a long couple months practicing my bump and runs on the carpet.

For me? I'd love to get a drone for Christmas. A good one that can take 4k video. They're more affordable now than ever. One thing I've really been wanting to do is to capture a flyover of my golf courses.

I've always wanted a drone as well! I just picked up my first GoPro a couple months back, the Hero 5 Black, and the Karma would be a great addition.

Hmm we spend most of our Christmas cash on the kids usually. Me and the wife usually get each other something small. New golf glove box of golf balls. But if money wasn't an issue I'd probably want to do a full bag fitting.

Yep. CNosil is correct THeotherPlace. Ha

And I agree I probably wouldn't participate again as well. It was nice idea but people totally ignored the $20 limit (guilty as charged in one case) and it created some hard feelings.

I am slowly placing subliminal PXG messages with SWMBO. Doubt it will work but worth a shot.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

I got the drone last year....I hinted at a good one, but ended up with a cheap one...haven't really used it much.

I like Meyer's idea of 6 dozen Snell MTB

I was planning on asking for a new bag, but MGS and Cobra are taking care of that

Maybe a package of lessons somewhere

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I really don't have any Christmas list...

My wife and I share the finances so we stopped trying to figure out what the other one needs... the money is there, just go buy whatever you need lol

But I guess the only thing I would like to upgrade are my wedges.

Other than that, presents for my little girl :)

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Yeah, it make it easy.  we don't have kids, my father has passed, my mother has dementia and is in a nursing home.   My brother/sisters and I stopped exchanging gifts many years ago.   As for extended family like cousins and aunts, pretty much just exchange Christmas cards as they are spread out throughout the SE. 

So unless I buy something for a golf buddy or someone at work, we literally have no Christmas shopping to do.   It's nice, but sometimes I actually miss the excitement and stress of it.   So if anyone locally needs a shopper for hire this Christmas let me know!!

We are basically the same way now. Just the wife and the dog. She has a brother that does not show up unless he needs money. We quit the gift exchange thing years ago when I came to the conclusion that all we were doing was exchanging money with the gift cards and making the stores richer. I never cared for Christmas shopping anyhow. Too much hustle and bustle for me. Now always at Christmas we will hear of a family that needs help with stuff and we will help one of those. I do play in a Christmas charity scramble in December that helps the kids with needful things like clothes and shoes. One of 2 scrambles I play in every year

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

This is the first year we are not going to stress over what the other one wants and try to fill up the bottom of the tree. We have a number of large purchases we want to do for the house and will pick one of those as a Christmas present to each other.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Christmas is always a huge event at our household (usually 25 plus xmas morning-and a dozen peeps xmas eve).For me, i always tell others avoid golf equipment.Only buy equipment during the season when I can see how the ball reacts.Golf attire/tees/balls are fine with me.

Shopping for others is usually year long.If i find something that others request I'll buy and store safely away until the holidays.The gift wrapping session takes weeks of preparations

Keep it in the short stuff

For Us it's all about the kids.. I usually end up getting Mama a few little things and vice versa.. then we go buy what we want later... We usually get gloves and a few other things at the Golf show.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

I feel bad now that I didn't include my family. I thought this was just our personal lists. Honestly, the drone is probably a pipe dream anyway because my wife and I hardly get anything for each other. I literally have to force her to take a present from me. We get more gifts from each other's families!

All of our Christmas budget goes to the girls and that's the real joy for us. We live vicariously through them tearing present after present open. We go for quantity since they're still young and get a huge kick out of seeing a mountain of gifts.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Mostly been asking for tools this year. Would like a fitting, but that's not exactly cheap.

The girlfriend and I get each other a couple little gifts (movie, balls, etc), stocking stuffers and typically one bigger gift. With my family now that everyone is grown up (my youngest cousin is 16) so we have started drawing names at Thanksgiving in October and you only buy for the one person when we all get together late afternoon/early evening, and there's been more than once 20+ people have been there. Makes it easier not to have to buy a gift for everyone. Every house does their own thing in the morning though. More about spending time with family than anything.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

My wife and I don't have many people to get gifts for, and we usually get golf stuff during the year when we need/want it.  So, we get our yearly membership to our club, and we allocate funds for our yearly golf trip in Jan/Feb.  Of course, we have to get a little something to open on Christmas; it may or may not be golf-related.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived