Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

STUDque's CHAMPIONSHIP Live Stream

STUDque

Well it was a front to forget. All 4 of us are playing poorly but at least we're going down together.

I'm up a stroke and 2 holes so not all is lost. Spin's wheels have been falling off but he's only down a hole and 2 strokes. Here we go to the back.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Hole: 10

Me: double

Kevin: bogey*

Comment: the hole is really long if you top your tee shot. Kevin played the hole like a champ and the wind is blowing about 25mph right now

*Wins Hole

Hole: 11

Me: double

Kevin: bogey*

Comment: my tee shot sailed the green. Didn't get it high enough for the wind to affect it

*Wins Hole

Hole: 12

Me: bogey

Kevin: bogey

Comment: had to drop off the tee and had a 25ft putt for par lip out.

*Wins Hole

For whoever is interested, I lost on the 18th green by missing a 2 foot putt. Spin missed one as well that cost him .5 point so together we hurt our team losing 3.5-.5

Overall the score is 5-3

I think we still have a 1 hole lead and strokes are gonna be pretty darn close to even. There's 4 matches going out tomorrow so hopefully they pick us up.

I missed 5 short putts that could've swung the match big time my way. I need to go back and make some modifications to that Stage 2.

Sorry I couldnt follow today Stud. I flew to Atlanta in the AM then drove down to Jacksonville.

Thougjt you had him after the front. Hopefully the team will still pull it out.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Was following early on,  but ended up in some afternoon meetings.  Sorry for the loss; hopefully the team picks it up.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

giphy.gif

The boys went out there today and got it done! I can't believe it! I was watching my phone like a pot about to boil waiting for some "bad news."

They won the matches today 6-2 (we needed 5.5) which also took holes and strokes as well. That totals up to a 13-7 win for the good guys!

BUSH WACKERS ARE BACK TO BACK CHAMPS BABYYYYYYYY

*I'm done sulking about my match. The team picked me up! It's a weird feeling honestly*

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

giphy.gif

The boys went out there today and got it done! I can't believe it! I was watching my phone like a pot about to boil waiting for some "bad news."

They won the matches today 6-2 (we needed 5.5) which also took holes and strokes as well. That totals up to a 13-7 win for the good guys!

BUSH WACKERS ARE BACK TO BACK CHAMPS BABYYYYYYYY

*I'm done sulking about my match. The team picked me up! It's a weird feeling honestly*

Team competitions are different and the guys must have had a darn good day today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Now that I'm done pouting, I feel like I owe it to this thread to finish up the rest of the round. You already know the result but it really was a good battle down to the end. Here goes:

Hole 13- par 4

I went left off the tee and settled at the base of a tree. Kevin went right into deep trees and pitched out. I played a punch from 160 that landed about 30y short of the green and rolled all the way up pin high. Kevin came up short of the green with his third, chipped and two putted. I missed a birdie putt.

Hole winner: me

Hole 14-par 3

The wind grabbed my tee shot and I came up short of the bunker. Kevin went in. I chipped on and he bladed his. He putted to the top of the ridge then it threw on the gas and almost went off the green. I had a similar putt but from the base of the ridge and drained it from 18 ft for par. His bogey putt entered the hole at 5 o clock, rode the lip, and exited at 7 o clock. Hole winner: me

Hole 15-par 4

This was the controversial hole. I hit it right, into hazard but could get a club on it so I chopped out to a line of sight at the green. I rode the big left to right wind to land in the center of the green with a back pin. I two putted from there for bogey. Kevin launched his second way over the green (we think he hit a cart path) then the controversy happened and he made the putt for par.

Hole winner: Kevin

Hole 16- par 4

We both went left off the tee. I missed the green right and he missed it left. I had a terrible lie so it took me 2 chips to get on the green. Kevin did the same and we made our putts for bogey.

Hole winner: Kevin because of handicap

Hole 17-par 4

I blasted my tee shot down the left side of the fairway and Kevin pulled his left. He knocked a hybrid up to about 40y out and I hit a nice hop and stop pitch from 90y that left a 12ft downhill putt. He hit his third on, I missed the birdie putt and he two putted for bogey.

Hole halved due to handicap

Hole 18-par 5

Standing on the tee box, we knew we were dead even. This is already the longest hole on the course and we had a 25mph wind hurting bad from the left that made it even longer. Add to that the pin was tucked way in the back. My tee shot rode the wind and splatted in the bunker (I usually carry it easily without wind). Kevin hit his best drive of the day and was only about 20y behind me in the fairway. He then smokes his best hybrid of the day down the fairway. I hit a solid 5i out of the bunker and was about 10y short of Kevin's second. We had 170 to the back pin so I pulled a 6i. I hit it solid but with a tad too much spin and it climbed way up in the air and took a hard right to ride the wind way right of the green. Kevin hit a draw with his that turned right hard as well (the famous "S" shape) so now we had a chipping contest. I had to clear a bunker to land on the green and did it but I took a fairly conservative line so I had about 12ft left. Kevin was short of the bunker so he got to play a nice bump and run to about 3ft. I knew I had to make it. It broke about 2 cups left to right and I burned the edge of the cup with a foot left. Kevin got nervous and stubbed his stroke to miss the putt. I just had to make mine to halve the match. I stepped up and hooked the putt left to lose the match.

52cfa562021c4c144f132c85c40a1ec19d1e1fed

We are paying attention I wasn't commenting hoping you were gonna focus on your game instead of updates to try to get your head into it.

Sorry I couldnt follow today Stud. I flew to Atlanta in the AM then drove down to Jacksonville.

Thougjt you had him after the front. Hopefully the team will still pull it out.

Was following early on, but ended up in some afternoon meetings. Sorry for the loss; hopefully the team picks it up.

I'm sorry that you got the perception of a lack of interest, but as others have noted, some professional obligations got in the way. I assure you of my interest and I trust your team ultimately prevails.

Sorry for the loss. It sounded like a good match and just a case of nerves. Best of luck on today's matches.

Thanks for the positivity guys. Reading the thread back I'm a little embarrassed at how I handled it. I don't do well with losing. It's probably due to my youth.

The group chat was exploding into the wee hours last night and it provided good theater. In addition to the plaques we get from the league, the captains are gonna make some T shirts too. They're gonna put "Wack 2 Wack" on them lol.

Thanks for the positivity guys. Reading the thread back I'm a little embarrassed at how I handled it. I don't do well with losing. It's probably due to my youth.

The group chat was exploding into the wee hours last night and it provided good theater. In addition to they plaques we get from the league, the captains are gonna make some T shirts too. They're gonna put "Wack 2 Wack" on them lol.

I hate losing too is it a youth thing maybe, but I would rather chalk it up to losing sucks.

Congrats Stud, having to catch up late--but pumped for y'all! I tie in with the youth side---and losing has never not sucked. Winning is much better.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I talked to Russ (from the Shafts) at work yesterday and got details on how the last 4 matches went down. Boy was he feeling chapped. Runner up in our league plus he came in T2 at the club championship because he took a shortie for granted on 17.

Richie narrowly beat him (probably due to handicap) but Dave took Steve out handily so the first matches were a wash. Dave is much better than his handicap and finally played like it. The difference was that Shannon and Tip were way off their game (at least 10 shots over their handicaps) so Jason and Clark had easy romps by playing steady.

Russ said he knew something was wrong when those matches fell way behind the pace of play. He saw them on the first tee but didn't see them again until he was a few deep at the 19th hole.

PS. Looks like the photo finally updated ✋️

Archived