Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What do you like best about where you live?

Hackabilly

For me, living in Columbus, OH its probably the combination of good paying jobs and low cost of living.  You see a lot of people, myself included, who live a very comfortable life, living in $500K-$1 million houses, driving new cars and living it up every weekend.  As someone who struggled to get by when he lived in Wisconsin, its like living the dream.

Beyond that, Ohio is Ohio.  Its a good place to rasie a family but theres really not much here.  I always tell people that I like Ohio but I also live in the best part of Ohio.  If my wife and I didnt have great jobs and couldnt afford to spend money, it would probably be a much different story. LOL

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just played Blue Heron this afternoon! Usually play at Willow's and also Mt Si.

Sent from my SM-T580 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How'd ya do? Last time i played there HAD some issues once we got to the back 9.. The guys behind us hit into us twice. and had the balls to yell at us while we looking for a ball on 18.. still shot a 87 i think.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

How'd ya do? Last time i played there HAD some issues once we got to the back 9.. The guys behind us hit into us twice. and had the balls to yell at us while we looking for a ball on 18.. still shot a 87 i think..

To be honest, I don't really know. It wasn't good... 😊

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Old Gray noted about Maryland crabs- "They sale some good jock itch powder at rite aid ;)"

I have found it somewhat amusing, that the motto of my home State is "Virginia is for Lovers".  Continue on to Maryland and the motto is "Maryland is for Crabs".   Perhaps, the Delaware motto should be "Delaware is for Jock Itch Powder".

I have been a resident of Annapolis for quite sometime now.   I must admit that I enjoy life in the "Land of Pleasant Living" on the shores of the Chesapeake.   I have often been asked if I own a boat.   I do not because I prefer to play golf on my weekends and I have multiple neighbors and friends that have both power boats and sailboats that are constantly asking me to join them.   But I do enjoy, after a great meal at the many restaurants, sitting on the docks drinking our Dark and Stormys  (the somewhat official drink of Annapolis).

As for golf, the only venues in Annapolis are a muni and the Naval Academy course, but the surrounding communities have multiple rather nice options.  Additionally, my office is on the eastern shore, Kent Island.  Accordingly, I tend to play a lot of eastern shore golf, which I find has a lot of extremely great venues.  It also provides multiple opportunities to play during the winter months.   For some reason, the temperatures in the Ocean City area tends to be 10 degrees or so warmer.   When it may snow on the western shore, again, for some reason, it typically just rains in the Ocean City area.   However, living in Maryland, if I want to experience mountain golf, I just head west on a reasonable commute.   

Inexpensive housing.

We've been looking at a possible move and anywhere we would go will be much more expensive for the same size home...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Florida, love 3 of the seasons, summers not so much.

Originally from New England and the ridiculous winters make the hot summers look a lot better.

95' is better than 3' snow covering the 2" of sleet/freezing rain.

Plus I play all winter long now.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

To be honest, I don't really know. It wasn't good...

The course or the round?? How is Mt. Si, I've never played there.. Played both willows courses a few times.. Like Eagles Talon better but play Coyote creek better.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

The course or the round?? How is Mt. Si, I've never played there.. Played both willows courses a few times.. Like Eagles Talon better but play Coyote creek better.. 

I've played Mt. Si a couple of years ago with some friends in Seattle.  It's a nice course; inexpensive, not long so easy to walk, fairly easy; thus, it can be crowded.  If you want a nice fun round with friends and don't care about slow play, it's OK.  The restaurant was pretty good.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

... Chicago has great sports teams and restaurants, sits on a lake as well as having 100 golf course within 25 miles of my house. No better place to be in the summer. But I HATE IT HERE! Because winter is insufferable, spring takes forever to arrive and fall is too short. Great place to visit and live between May-October but November - April is brutal. 

... I love the PNW but am afraid it also has too much of the W word. (winter) I am looking at Tuscon, Austin and California. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Look, Central New York is not ideal. Long and cold winters, huge snowfall totals, a lack of business growth, super high taxes, etc. The golf is average at best on the public side of things. But man, during the magic of early fall with the tree changes, the apple picking economy gets going and it's just so quintessentially autumn it almost makes up for being buried under 10 feet of snow every winter. Also, we're good at basketball on the college level, so yay, I guess.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I live in the wine country of California and for me it's the weather. Dry, Mediterranean climate without the East Coasts terrible humidity. I grew up in Pennsylvania and hated summer there. Came to California nearly 20 years ago and don't think I'll ever leave.

Second best thing is the cultural diversity. Almost everyone you meet in California is from someplace else, whether they are from different parts of the USA or different countries. I like meeting people that are different than me racially and culturally, yet we were both drawn to this place called California. It's a wonderful place to be.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Being 20 minutes from Hershey Chocolate World!

I like the general location we're in. It's an easy trip to DC, Philly, Annapolis, Baltimore, Gettysburg and a number of other great areas.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Being in central Illinois we get very hot humid summers and mild winters. Golf wise you can play 9+ months. If you don't mind a little cold. Things you will not see here are side hill lies. But you better be able to play in the wind.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Albany, NY baby!! Some great courses around from flat tracks to rolling links courses. Leatherstocking in Cooperstown is fantastic and less than an hour away. Have a camp in the Adirondacks. I second bergtaur with the fall here in Upstate NY, just had cider donuts this weekend. I'll send pictures from 22A in Vermont only 45 minutes away of the leaves changing on the high peaks of the Adirondacks to the west and Green Mountains to the east. Summer is not too hot, Spring and Fall are great, Winter sucks. Snow is great for Christmas, but it goes until March. Just too long

Driver: Searching
Wood: Cobra Fly-Z 3 wood factory stiff shaft
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 3-hybrid factory stiff shaft
Irons: Cobra F8 One Length 5-GW
Wedges: 52,56,60 Mizuno mp t5
Putter: Sentio Red (Medium)
Ball: Bridgestone E6 Speed, and Titleist Pro V1

I like the lakes and the fact there is great golf around here. Although the snow and taxes offset those things....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

... Chicago has great sports teams and restaurants, sits on a lake as well as having 100 golf course within 25 miles of my house. No better place to be in the summer. But I HATE IT HERE! Because winter is insufferable, spring takes forever to arrive and fall is too short. Great place to visit and live between May-October but November - April is brutal.

... I love the PNW but am afraid it also has too much of the W word. (winter) I am looking at Tuscon, Austin and California.

Chisag are you thinking of Tucson as a place to snowbird? If so I think it's an awesome place for that. We don't have the pro sports you're used to but we do have plenty of collegiate activity. Plenty of golf and other outdoor activities, to keep you busy in our "Winter". Good food, and beer if you're into that. If you are thinking of making a full time move though summer can be long and brutal. It is possible for summer to be May-October or even early November.

Chisag are you thinking of Tucson as a place to snowbird? If so I think it's an awesome place for that. We don't have the pro sports you're used to but we do have plenty of collegiate activity. Plenty of golf and other outdoor activities, to keep you busy in our "Winter". Good food, and beer if you're into that. If you are thinking of making a full time move though summer can be long and brutal. It is possible for summer to be May-October or even early November.

... Thanks, thinking about moving full time. I grew up in NC and lived in Columbus Ga for 2 years which is crazy humid/hot in the summer so I can take the heat, especially a dry heat. It is the cold I just can't tolerate anymore. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I'm a transplanted Wisconsinite, and I love Jacksonville Beach.  Virtually no winter, but the few weeks of highs in the high 40s to mid 50s keep the snowbirds away.  We can golf year round, and I'm 10 minutes from TPC Sawgrass and 30 minutes from the multitude of great courses on Amelia Island to the north and 30 minutes from World Golf Village to the south and a number of very fine courses in between.  Rarely pay more than $50 per round.  Live one block from the ocean with great views and a great 40 mile long beach.  Ocean breezes most every day keep the famous Florida summer heat and humidity at bay (we're generally at least 10 degrees cooler).  25 minutes from a major city, although its rare than we have any reason to cross the "ditch" (the intracoastal).  Wish we had better pizza and the culinary charms of the city aren't world class.  But fresh fish is always available!

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts.

In my Ogio Ozone XX Cart Stand Bag:

Ping G400 10.5 Deg Driver, stock Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz 19 Deg 5 Wood, stock Matrix Osik Stiff shaft
TM Rocketballz Stage 2 21 Deg Tour 4 Hybrid, Rocketfuel 80h Stiff shaft 

Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons, 4-P, Stiff Shafts

Scor 48 and 55 degree wedges.  
Renegar 60 Deg Steel Shaft Lob Wedge

TM Ghost Spider Si 38" Counterbalanced Putter

I'm a transplanted Wisconsinite, and I love Jacksonville Beach. Virtually no winter, but the few weeks of highs in the high 40s to mid 50s keep the snowbirds away. We can golf year round, and I'm 10 minutes from TPC Sawgrass and 30 minutes from the multitude of great courses on Amelia Island to the north and 30 minutes from World Golf Village to the south and a number of very fine courses in between. Rarely pay more than $50 per round. Live one block from the ocean with great views and a great 40 mile long beach. Ocean breezes most every day keep the famous Florida summer heat and humidity at bay (we're generally at least 10 degrees cooler). 25 minutes from a major city, although its rare than we have any reason to cross the "ditch" (the intracoastal). Wish we had better pizza and the culinary charms of the city aren't world class. But fresh fish is always available!

Florida has a lot going for it. Yes summers are hot but winter is mild.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Mt. Si isn't a great course. Your typical public course layout. I mostly play there because that's where my high school team plays. It's crazy how many schools play at private clubs. Sahalee, Plateau Club (private Oki course), Overlake G&CC, Bear Creek, etc. Also, there's a team that plays at Newcastle. I'm jealous!

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Houston here. April and October...the two perfect months of the year.

Year round golf. A huge variety of courses to choose from. Gulf of Mexico close. Fishing and water sports. Great economy with a low cost of living.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

There was time when I had to make a monthly business trip to the Houston area, Humble more specifically.   The area is blessed with some really great golf courses.  So much so, that I just left a set of clubs at our facility.   As luck would have it, a business associate was a member at Champions, what a great golfing venue with a long tradition.  The Woodlands also has a wealth of golfing opportunities.   I got to play the course and hole where the last scene form "Tin Cup" was filmed, if I recall correctly it was Derwood.   What was kind of interesting, is that it was not the 18th hole and it was a par 4.  It had a bale out area to the right of the lake, which I most certainly used.  

There appeared to be a Pappa-something for just about any cuisine one wanted.  The only problem I saw was that 24/7 there seemed to be a traffic jam somewhere.

A somewhat interesting story regarding Champions, if I may.   Before I met the associate that was a member, another associate and I attended the Tour Championship held there.   This associate was a member of Walden on Lake Houston.   So we went to Champions for him to ask the pro: if my pro calls you can we get on.  The pro said are you a member of a Texas club to which my associate said yes.   The pro said we don't do that for Texas clubs, but do you know someone a member of out of state club.   My associate pointed to me and said, he is a member of Prospect Bay in Maryland.  Now Prospect is a little known club on the Maryland eastern shore.  The pro asked a gentleman in his office:  Lou, you're from Maryland, have you ever heard of Prospect Bay.   He guy answered, yes, my parents live there.  The pro gave me his card and said call him when we wanted to play it.   What were the chances that he would have heard about a rather local club in Maryland.

@Wahoo

Did you know his parents?

I guess it would be more appropriate to say that I knew of them.  I was more familiar with his brother who was instrumental in the development of a local course called Renditions.   It is a course similar to the Tour 18.   

I guess it would be more appropriate to say that I knew of them. I was more familiar with his brother who was instrumental in the development of a local course called Renditions. It is a course similar to the Tour 18.

Yes indeed. I remember Renditions well. It's been about 7 years since I played there but it was a great experience. We went for my buddy's birthday.

They had a starter calling each player out with a microphone off the first tee. Super nerveracking. It was also the first course I ever played with a GPS in-cart. I'd love to go back out there sometime now that I've got a little more ability to see how I do.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Small town southwest Virginia, population 7,014.

The first image is Grayson Highland State Park about 15 miles west of my house.  The second image is downtown.  My office is the building in the lower left corner of the photo.  The third image is the Blue Ridge Parkway located about 7 miles south.

Galax.JPG

Blue Ridge Parkway.jpg

Grayson Highlands.jpg

Looks like my kind of place Sixcat. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Virginia. My retirement plans are a beach house on Chincoteague Island, with a little fishing shack get a way cabin in the hills, either in Va, NC, or GA. Need some fly fishing and peace & quiet when the time comes.

Archived