Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

What do you like best about where you live?

Hackabilly

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny what we grow accustomed to and take for granted. I just noticed the first photo I posted clearly shows why they call this region the "Blue Ridge Mountains".

It is a beautiful part of the country. Traveled thru there a few times in my younger days.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I live in a small town just outside of Denver. Love the small town feel but only 30 minutes from downtown and can enjoy all of the amenities a big city has to offer. Sports teams are reasonably good, Denver offers and endless variety of recreational opportunities, jobs are easy to find, dining is outstanding, the craft beer selection is as good as it gets and the region gets to enjoy four seasons. Summer temps typically stay in the 80's and 90's with reasonable humidity. The greater Denver area has some of the best muni courses you will find anywhere, you get a decent 7-8 months of golf and can get an occasional round in during winter months. Did I say there is a lot of beer here?

Small town southwest Virginia, population 7,014.

The first image is Grayson Highland State Park about 15 miles west of my house.  The second image is downtown.  My office is the building in the lower left corner of the photo.  The third image is the Blue Ridge Parkway located about 7 miles south.

That is a beautiful place to say the least!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Looks like my kind of place Sixcat. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Virginia. My retirement plans are a beach house on Chincoteague Island, with a little fishing shack get a way cabin in the hills, either in Va, NC, or GA. Need some fly fishing and peace & quiet when the time comes.

You mean this kind of fly rods?

2 of my favorite bamboo rods, gave all the fiberglass & boron to grandson.IMG_1033.JPG

Rick

Left Hand, 

I live in a small town just outside of Denver. Love the small town feel but only 30 minutes from downtown and can enjoy all of the amenities a big city has to offer. Sports teams are reasonably good, Denver offers and endless variety of recreational opportunities, jobs are easy to find, dining is outstanding, the craft beer selection is as good as it gets and the region gets to enjoy four seasons. Summer temps typically stay in the 80's and 90's with reasonable humidity. The greater Denver area has some of the best muni courses you will find anywhere, you get a decent 7-8 months of golf and can get an occasional round in during winter months. Did I say there is a lot of beer here?

The wife and I are considering a move to this area in the next year or so, basically for all the reasons you listed. The housing market is rough though. You can't really find a whole lot that's decent under 400 thousand. We have some friends in Erie, have spent some time in Boulder and other surrounding towns. We want to end up somewhere in the triangle made by Golden, Denver and Boulder.

The wife and I are considering a move to this area in the next year or so, basically for all the reasons you listed. The housing market is rough though. You can't really find a whole lot that's decent under 400 thousand. We have some friends in Erie, have spent some time in Boulder and other surrounding towns. We want to end up somewhere in the triangle made by Golden, Denver and Boulder.

I'm in Lafayette right between Boulder and Erie. I'm working with a couple of developers and there is some housing coming in from $350-$450 but depends on what your style is. It is getting expensive for sure but wages are good too. If you get out of Boulder County you can still find decent prices. Very good golf course in Erie too. That's where I play. I think we are going to slide a little about toward Westminster and Arvada. Much more reasonable but not as small. Still some great courses.

You cannot beat the weather here in the Carolinas, after spending 38 years in Michigan the weather here in South Carolina is the best there is. Year round golf, mountains close by, and beach close by.

Had a second home in SC and was planning to retire there at one time. Love North & South Carolina.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I live in central Texas just off the Brazos River. I'm not a big city person so I enjoy the rural feel we have around the Whitney Area. Closest course is roughly 10 or 15 minutes though so not a bad area for golf either.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Archived