beegee76

Vokey forged sm6

Hi guys, anyone had the opportunity in hitting an sm6 forged wedge.

Keen to hear any feedback as I'm looking for a gap wedge and I've always loved/played vokey.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Well I will kick it off as I've just received one, a 50.10 in silver to be exact.

Firstly, the shape is beautiful, somewhat compact but large enough to inspire confidence.

Secondly, the feel is spot on, soft in the middle with plenty of feedback for off centre hits.

Thirdly, flight is ok but will be swapping shaft for a project x Lz 5.5.

I was originally going to by a mizuno t7 wedge to match my mp18's but it just didn't feel soft like a forged club.

I'm happy I got the jap spec vokey even though it was double the price.

Not sure if it is totally worth it but want be selling it anytime soon.

Yes they are and surprisingly have a hard feel to me, possibly due to the baron added to keep the grooves lasting longer.

Hmm... Might have to hit these. Are they only available in Japan or are they carried stateside?

MDGolfHacker

i have only seen the Japan models forged.

The T7 are a little clicky, but they sure like to make my ball dance.

Wouldn't a cast wedge last twice as long as a forged wedge? I would assume the forged wedge's grooves would wear out pretty quick especially if you practice alot

Wouldn't a cast wedge last twice as long as a forged wedge? I would assume the forged wedge's grooves would wear out pretty quick especially if you practice alot

I had forged Mizuno wedges forever before moving to volkeys. they did need more maintenance especially with like and loft adjustments but I didn't see the spin drop off any more quickly then I have on cast wedges.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hi guys, anyone had the opportunity in hitting an sm6 forged wedge.

Keen to hear any feedback as I'm looking for a gap wedge and I've always loved/played vokey.

I just got fitted and got a 54.10 S grind and a 58.08 M grind with extra long Ping wedge grips to choke down for precision shots ala Rickie Fowler. Need to experiment  with choking down vs the clock position approach. Putting aside my 1 year old Ping Glide 56 deg wedge. Any buyers? Rh

For my fitting I compared them to the Cleveland RTX wedge. Those were my choices after I looked at and hit a bunch at Golf Galaxy. I then went to a custom fitter to get fitted with Trackman buy them. I also bought a Ping G30 4h at that time. In Late November I paid $155 per wedge, but I think they may be on sale now. I can't wait to chart them out for distance and get scoring.