Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

The Web.com "25"

STUDque

top25_1920_webcom17_hats.jpg

These finals have been really neat to watch. I tell you what, I feel for these guys struggling to make a living with the hopes and dreams of getting that tour card. Right now, the cut line is only at about $25k.

One name I'm surprised to see down there is Hunter Mahan. Right now he's sitting near the cut line at #23. Very interesting.

Watching this back-to-back with the Tour Championship really outlines the vast disparity in proximity to the hole. Those Web.com guys are struggling to hit it close from 145 then cut to Justin Rose knocking it stiff from 180 at a tucked pin. As good as they are, those young bucks still have quite a ways to go.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Telling you right now, Aaron Wise and Beau Hossler will both contend a lot on the PGA Tour next season, much like Bryson, Ollie and Xander. Also, with Uihlien earning full status over here through the Finals, he'll probably win an event next year.

Very interested to see how the WEb.com Championship goes this week. A lot of "star power" near that cut line for the finals like Ben Crane, Ryo Ishikawa, Sam Saunders, Hunter Mahan, Zac Blair, and Spenecer Levin all with name recognition who with a strong week could get back to the PGA, or with a bad week could be left behind.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

...I'd be tempted to go the Peter Uiehlien route and hit the Euro tour for a while...

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=38105/record/index.html

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

The problem for these guys is that getting a Tour card only means the possibility of playing in a very limited number of tour events.  There are maybe a few sponsor exemptions thrown in too.  These guys HAVE to come out and do well in the early season to have a chance of keeping their card the next year, or ... win.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I always love those early season tournaments during the wrap around. The star power isn't necessarily there but these guys are fighting their butts off to earn some early money and possibly gain entry into the Master's. There's usually some amazing, life-changing moments this time of year.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

If yall wanna make money on DFS. Lanto griffin and Aaron wise r gonna be cash machines next year

I have known Lanto Griffin since his middle school days in Blacksburg, Virginia.  He is immensely talented and has made substantial improvements to his game over the past few seasons. Especially in the short game areas.  I wish him all the best.  Great talent, even better person. 

I don't know Aaron Wise but will take Willy and Lanto's word for it.  According to them, Wise has whatever "it" is in droves!

Don't forget opposite field events as well as a route for some cash for these guys. Have to agree with Stud on this year's wraparound events. If you are a total golf nut who knows people besides the the faces you see in the big tournaments every week, this wraparound run is going to be pure nirvana. 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

...I'd be tempted to go the Peter Uiehlien route and hit the Euro tour for a while...

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/players/playerid=38105/record/index.html

Worked pretty good for Brooks Koepka

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I love these season ending events both on the PGA tour and the Web.com

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Archived