OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW - KBS $ TAPER SHAFTS

Our Sponsors

How's everyone doing with the shafts? I'll be posting my stage 3 this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I had a couple weeks where I wasn't too excited with the results but that was more the indian than the arrow, my coordination had to catch up to swing changes I decided needed to happen. I played 9 a week ago and felt like I had a much more controllable swing that had a real release to it. I've been struggling with feeling like the club released out in front of me, but I think I finally have an idea of what that is supposed to feel like. Getting that feeling down has really seemed to improve my accuracy. I hit some par 3 greens during that last round and the ones that I missed were either really short chips or putt-able.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

KBS $-Taper Shaft Review By: Hackabilly   Stage One   Hackabilly here comin' at yah from the sunshiny, cactus covered, beautiful desert of southern Arizona, Tucson to be exact. Big thanks to MGS

MGS Review by Kegger – KBS $-Taper Shafts Stage One - Introduction & Interview Thread   First off, I must give a huge shout out to MyGolfSpy for giving me the opportunity to be a part of th

I want to first thank MGS for giving me the opportunity to do my first review for their website.  I also want to thank KBS shafts for this opportunity as well.     $-TAPER   TOUR FEEL. MONEY PERFO

Posted Images

Alright guys here is my stage 2 finally thanks for your patience!!

Great stage 2 buddy. Really glad they're helping out your scorEs. Did you ever get back to the PGASS to recheck the launch data?

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

The trio is now complete. Stage 3 is up and ready for your consumption!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/21167-official-forum-member-review-kbs-taper-shafts/?p=334153

• Like 1
In the Sun Mountain 4.5LS 14-way bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M2 10.5° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 6X Blue
Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 19° :: Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec 7X Blue
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS2 21° :: Mitsubishi Black 80G50
Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 (5-AW) :: KBS Tour 110
Sand Wedge: :cleveland-small: CBX-2 54° :: KBS Tour 110
Lob Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX-3 58° :: TT Dynamic Gold
Putter: :odyssey-small: Metal-X Milled #2
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS

Great reviews Kegger! I bet you'll start shaving strokes next season as you get more rounds under your belt with the shafts

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Great stage 2 buddy. Really glad they're helping out your scorEs. Did you ever get back to the PGASS to recheck the launch data?

I forget where in the review I put it but yeah I did. Distance numbers were slightly longer with the 8- PW and about the same for everything else. Unfortunately the spin numbers weren't reliable or what I would deem believable that day, and the guy working wasn't interested in trying to figure out why.

I forget where in the review I put it but yeah I did. Distance numbers were slightly longer with the 8- PW and about the same for everything else. Unfortunately the spin numbers weren't reliable or what I would deem believable that day, and the guy working wasn't interested in trying to figure out why.

Sorry, I meant AFTER that day where the kid couldn't get the monitor working right. To see if maybe you'd get lucky with another guy instead.

• Like 4

Driver : Cobra LTD pro x-stiff 9.5 degrees

3 wood: TaylorMade RBZ tour spoon 13 degrees

5 wood: Titleist 906F 18 degrees

Irons: Mizuno MP-64 $-taper 130

wedges: Mizuno S5 50,56 - Cleveland 60 degree 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 3

Outstanding work on this one gents!  Thank you for your hard work!!!!  

My last couple of fittings led me to C-Tapers, but after reading these I'm really anxious to give the $-Tapers a try.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Outstanding work on this one gents!  Thank you for your hard work!!!!  

My last couple of fittings led me to C-Tapers, but after reading these I'm really anxious to give the $-Tapers a try.

I feel more confident with these irons shafts than I do with the C-taper.  I still really liked the C-taper, but I think these fit my game better.  It did take quite a few rounds to get used to them though but I finally shot my first mid 80's with them 

• Like 2

Sorry, I meant AFTER that day where the kid couldn't get the monitor working right. To see if maybe you'd get lucky with another guy instead.

Oh sorry no It is not easy for me to get to so I have not made it over there again yet. But it would be nice to get better numbers. I'll see if I can cut out sometime to do that.

My Stage 3 review is posted.

Great job. I appreciated your honesty. I'm surprised that you found little to no difference in these but that should make you happy that you can get the same results in future sets without spending big $ (pun intended)

My Stage 3 review is posted.

Nice review, straight to the point.  Seems like, across the board, the price point is holding everyone back since there isn't that much difference.  

• Like 1