Tony Covey MGS

Reviewer Wanted - 3-Days at the Tour Striker Golf Academy

• Mike Moore - 47
  • Westfield IN
  • My biggest bugaboo is a quick hook off the tee.  The quick hook can come out of no where and the worst part is the swing does not feel that bad.  If I could figure out the swing flaw that causes these it would help recover a round that might go south really quickly.  Martin Chuck's youtube videos are very insightful and have far more content that the majority of videos churning out the same golf cliches.  Working with Martin's staff to improve would be a great experience.    

images-2.jpeg

Best of luck ramping up your teaching academy, great promo video and facilities.

Kim 49

Chapel Hill, NC

Inconsistent mid to long irons/hybrids

Jake (68)

Fairfield, CT

My biggest loss of strokes occurs because I sometimes have a tendency to land iron shots just short of the green.  Maybe poor judgement on club selection or inconsistent ball striking. 

Marty Swofford-35

Washougal,wa

Inconsistency from tee to green with my major miss being left along with general course management strategy.

• Your Name & Age:  Fernando 47 

• Where You Live:  San Antonio, Texas
  • Your biggest golf bugaboo:  Snaphooks, ball impact

Patrick Frye - 34

Ohio

Getting off the tee. I used to be a long driver of the ball, but 5-6 years ago I hurt my back and couldn't play for several years. I've been reinventing my swing for the last 18-24 months and my ball striking with my irons has been improving greatly, but me game off the tee is totally inconsistent. Giant slices, snap hooks and everything in between. Every time I think I've got it figured out I start my next round and its back to square one. Even with the struggles I've managed to get my handicap down to an 8.8, but I know if i could just stay on the reservation with my driver I could really start shooting competitive scores again.

Nick J - 34yrs old

San Diego CA

Overswinging and missing fairways. Body way out in front of my arms. 

Mark J - 50

DFW Texas

To be candid (and probably take myself out of consideration), I'm concerned that even if Mr. Chuck helps me at school I'll still fall apart on the course.

For the past 4 years I hit anywhere from 1000-1500 shots a week: A large bucket on the range (sometimes 2), 50-100 shots on the chipping green, plus 50-100 putts at each session, 3 times a week, sometimes more. It took me 2 years to overcome the slice. My short game is acceptable and sometimes pleasing. Par 3s are the holes where I have the greatest chance to par.

Par 5s and long par 4s tend to be blowouts.

Mental: Many times at the range I "feel" it when I address the ball. I know I'm going to make good contact and I execute well (especially after a duff) I can sometimes get the shape I attempt, but mostly I drive a natural draw.

The problem comes when I only get one shot on the tee box. I can't count the times i start a round certain that I'll recreate what I accomplished on the range only to execute my same old over-torqued duck hook drive.

Timing: When driving and hitting long on the range, lagging and squaring many times feels so natural and easy. But I'm rarely able to recreate the feeling on the tee box. Old habits raise their ugly head: Over-gripping, trying to kill the shot, turning my head before i make contact, imbalanced stance (too much weight on my toes), not finishing the swing gracefully (usually because I swing too hard)...

All of my ailments might boil down to confidence and I question if that's what Martin intends to deliver.

But if I am selected, I believe that I can write an articulate and thorough review.

I'm a 9 handicap and I think that iron play is my weakest link. On good short game days I score well. I think my putting is good, but I have too many three putts. Mostly because of lagging inconsistently.

I did shoot my age yesterday (72) from the short tees. (5311)

I mostly play the white tees (5977) and my drives are from 200 yards to 250 on a dry, hard course. I Watch you frequently on Revolution Golf and I thank you for your consideration,

Eddie Wright, Savannah Georgia, Southbridge Golf Course

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

NAME  Michael S. McCoy   aka MacGolfer

AGE:  very very close to 60 ... will be 60 at time of course offering.

biggest buggaboo:   i do not strike my irons with any consistency.  I desperately want to strike irons consistently.  this is very exciting to have a chance.  I

this is more powerful than winning a lottery. ( I have never done that, can only imagine) 

John - 53

Topeka, Is

Two way miss with driver. It's maddening to not know where the driver is going because you cannot get comfortable and the whole round is a battle.

As an aside...I don't fly but would be willing to drive to Phoenix on my own dime in a heartbeat for this. Best Christmas ever!

• Pete 38
  • Denver, CO
  •  
  • Your biggest golf bugaboo: wedge game too inconsistent to take advantage of opportunities to make birdie. Also the driver can be my best club or worst, depending on the day.

•  

Jesse-43. Minnesota. Under pressure I tend to turn a draw into a hook and miss left. I am a dedicated range rat but could use a better practice plan. What a opportunity.

Wally- 60

Las Vegas

Inconsistent swing path. With the driver low hook, topping, low ball flight, and push straight right. With irons pulls, low ball flight, and straight push right.

James Sutton

Ormond Beach, FL

I call it a power fade but my friends call it a slice.

• Your Name & Age:  Tony - 55

• Where You Live:   PA
  • Your biggest golf bugaboo:  Getting on the correct swing plane, square to the a target, and back of the left wrist in the correct position.

Thanks for the opportunity!