Tony Covey MGS

Reviewer Wanted - 3-Days at the Tour Striker Golf Academy

Our Sponsors

John Roberts - 74

Eagan, MN

How to deal with my arthritic right shoulder that will not allow me to put my right arm in the correct position.

Vince Schiavo - 59 years of age

Warwick, NY

My biggest bugaboo is not being able to make consistently decent contact with my fairway woods (from the fairway).

Dana Hagen

Lynden, WA

Age 52

9 hdcp

I struggled with iron consistency from 100 yards and in. I'm always working on my arms being more stable, structured and connected but I never get the feel I'm looking for. I had way less problem with full swing at longer distances. I need help. I'm getting frustrated. My son learned a lot at your junior camp this summer at The Raven. His swing has been improved immensely thanks to Mike K. Thanks Martin.

Stephen Parrotte

Hagerstown, MD

Inconsistency,.especially of the tee. Swing thats effective with driver and irons (See to many instructors or not the correct one)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hitting a great drive and ending up 80 yds from the green then missing the green with a wedge shot that is fat or way out to the right !

Rob (46)

Massachusetts

Besides direction, my biggest problem is hitting thin and topping the ball. Whether in the rough, in the fairway or off a tee, I can top it.

Jeff (49)

Brookfield,WI

I seem to hit a large number of fairways in regulation but can not convert to greens in regulation. I know what a good iron shot feels like but only get that about 35% of the time.

Matt (35)

Atlanta, GA

Depending on the day, the two things that cause me to lose the most strokes on the course are 1) my driving accuracy and 2) if I am driving the ball well, my putting (mainly holing mid-length putts).

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA

steve (58)

oregon (about to move to washington)

biggest buggaboo is the fear of the hosel rocket. once the fear of the monster is in play, it is so difficult to commit to almost any shot.i drive it well, i putt ok, the rest of the game depends on how much i practice. but THAT thing has its own sneaky ways...

• Your Name & Age - Jim McDowell 38

• Where You Live - Mesa, AZ
  • Your biggest golf bugaboo - Transition too fast/early at top of back swing

Brandon T., 31 years old.

Pittsburgh, PA

Accuracy off the tee, reading greens.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Barry (61)

Doylestown, PA (suburb of Philadelphia)

The thing that causes me to lose strokes is approach shot accuracy,  I'm good with distance control but not always direction, and then my short game isn't good enough to get up and down all the time.  

Cliff Lattanzio

Suffield, CT

Hitting the green from the fairway 120 yards and in which is full wedges and shorter wedges as well.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Jon Gottschalk (29)

Gaithersburg, MD

Letting my arms swing freely.  I have a tendency to want to hit at the ball, vs. letting the ball get in the way of my swing.  I think this leads to my arms being tense and swiping across the ball on my bad shots.

• Your Name & Age (Ricardo Garcia) 

• Where You Live (Elmhurst, IL)
  • Your biggest golf bugaboo (The thing that causes you to lose strokes on the golf course) (Bunkers & Putting)