Tony Covey MGS

Reviewer Wanted - 3-Days at the Tour Striker Golf Academy

Our Sponsors

Paul Kraus, age 65

York, England.

Club head control and impact position to eliminate the two way miss and improve consistency.

Have seen improvement following lessons from a top 50 instructor in the 3Jack Golf Blog (like Martin) and won this months medal at my club.

Practice or do drills every day in my quest to improve.

Would love another top instructors advice on my swing. 

An old dog looking to learn new tricks.

• Chris Jemma, 28
  • Norfolk, United Kingdom
  • My biggest bugaboo: although I have a fairly rigid system for most of my setup, I find I can feel like I need to make unnatural movements on the course to hit the ball because I've done something different. And leads to all kinds of shots happening...

Jeff - 59

Houston

My biggest swing issue is what I call "my swoop" which is when, at the top of my backswing, go out away from my shoulders and down rather than dropping down. This leads to a more outside in swing and body efforts to get the hands in the correct position to hit the ball resulting in a variety of misses, most often a slice. Note, based on video, this is not casting but more in the vein of a Furyk look without the ability to get the hands corrected often enough.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Wow, what an opportunity for someone. Wish I could go but December is my busy season at work. Good luck to all those that enter.

Sent from my Pixel using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What an awesome opportunity!

Seth - 39

Charleston, SC

Consistency, whether it be off the tee, from the fairway, around the greens or putting. I have had flashes where I put them all together for a few rounds and see my handicap drop. But, for the most part my game is stagnant and needs something to take it to the next level. I have begun planning and am working to put certain pieces in place to improve ball striking and work around the greens. Maybe Tour Striker is exactly what I need? Good luck everyone!

Brandon Price - 40

Atlanta, GA.

The thing that causes me the most strokes on the golf course is not having a repeatable swing which in turn makes me have very little confidence. That in turn leads to bad shots and extra pressure on my short game. I would love the opportunity to have some one of this caliber fine tune my game and give me a plan of attack. 

Jon Korpalski - 68

Lapeer, Michigan

A high lazy fade often gets me in trouble, but most of my lost shots come from poor short iron and wedge play, especially from 50 yards and in. I'd love to save those lost strokes and get into the 70's consistently.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Rick - 41

Indianapolis, IN

My biggest issue is the hook using my irons 9 and up. I hit more fairways (about 65%) than I miss but can't find a green to save my life (or par). My GIR is about 18%. I've never been fitted or had any formal lessons so curious to see if it can help!!

Chris R (53)

Dallas TX

Second shot.... totally inconsistent with irons, sometimes thin, sometimes fat, sometimes pured [which generally then flies the green because i do it so rarely]

Scott Davis Age: 36

Orlando Florida

The thing that cost me the most strokes is pull hooks. I tend to pull most of my shots and sometimes they turn into hooks.

This would be so cool and would be an awesome time for my first visit to the US!

Will Selwyn

I don't take advantage of good tee shots nearly enough. My approach play from 150 is too inconsistent. Can't get rid of the cutty slice with my irons!

Rob, 53

Massachusetts

Inconsistent long irons and short game are my issues.  I also could benefit from a solid practice routine to better my game.

• Your Name & Age: Andrew, 32

• Where You Live: Boston, MA
  • Your biggest golf bugaboo (The thing that causes you to lose strokes on the golf course): Iron play

Liam Bell - 34

London.

Two main issues. Driving dispersion. Bad one goes left. Way left.

I know you said one thing but, it seems remiss not to mention my chipping. It can be, shall we say, problematic.

Joe Bober age 62

Montclair, NJ

occasionally

Sarasota ,FL

I am a life long duffer

I have the most problem hitting the driver, pushes and hooks

I would love to attend Martin's school

Big Fan

So the first contestant says consistent iron play is his bugaboo. Great drive followed by thin iron shot. I dream of hitting it thin because I have gone for two year stretches of hitting every iron FAT. Chunking it lakes and bunkers can drive a man to drink!!!! Help would be so appreciated....