Reviewer Wanted - 3-Days at the Tour Striker Golf Academy

Our Sponsors

Tom, 39, California.

Lack of distance is holding me back from being a better golfer. I'm not a short hitter when compared to the normal groups of people I play with (I'm at the top or around the upper few of the people I play with), but there are a lot of people that are longer than me. Given my index I am severely lacking compared to what stats say the average person of my index should hit the ball distance wise.

Given my general fitness (compared to the majority of society and majority of golfers I'm acquainted with), my flexibility, my strength, and lack of any physical injuries or aliments there should be potential distance untapped. Its likely that the lacking area is in knowing how to move in a way that is efficient to producing distance.

Statistics on and off the tour support the premise that if you have distance you'll hit more greens in regulation, the shorter your approach shot the closer your proximity to the hole is likely to be, the closer to the hole you are the more short putts you'll have, the shorter the putt you have the more likely you are to make the putt. The more greens in regulation you have (large factor) and the more putts you make (smaller factor) the better your scores on average.

Having the data of Gears, BodiTrak, and Trackman to see what is actually happening in the swing, and having someone who can understand and interpret the data from those correctly could be the key to improvement.

Current set makeup:

Taylormade M5 driver, 3w, &5w with Evenflow shafts

Taylormade GAPR 4h &5h

Taylormade P790 with Nippon 950 shafts
Callaway MD3 52*,PM 56*, and PM 60*
Taylormade Spider putter

• Replies 889
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Have you ever wondered if attending a golf school could change your game for the better? Here’s your chance to find out.   Martin Chuck, the inventor of the Tour Striker line of training aids, has

Thank you so much for this opportunity!!  Martin did call me and we were able to talk over a few things.  I'm really excited for this opportunity!  I am going to put everything I have into this to giv

And the winner is...     goaliewales14   The logistical issue was that Martin wanted to call the winner personally, so John and I had to devise a clever way of getting Mike's phone number, pass i

Posted Images

Bob Graham - 69 (I wish that was my score)

West Chester, PA

Like most golfers I seek more consistency including more distance and the ability to compress the ball.  I have followed Martin's tips for several years and purchased some of his training aids. I have seen some improvement but I can't seem to get it all together. I am very detail oriented and would provide a thorough review of the school.

Have always wanted to dive into an intensive golf school training and see what the long term results might be. Thank you for this opportunity to enter!

• Brian Clark - 33
  • Grand Rapids, MI

• Likely my biggest bugaboo would be overall consistency, particularly off the tee. I am capable of hitting solid shots with shape, but also capable of complete misses that get me into trouble.

Eric(64)

Center Valley , Pa

I would like to have a stroke that is built on the basics then I can work off of. I can hit the ball pretty good a lot of different ways but that makes it hard to be consistent. It sounds like your fundamentals or what I need.

NoanLytle: Age 70

Grants Pass, Oregon

Over the past two seasons I have gone from an 11.1 Handicap index to 18.7. My entire game has gone down hill. I am not unhappy with my putting, but from tee to green I am frightfully inconsistant. Good drive to the middle of the fairway followed by a fat iron shot. Or, a dismal tee shot followed by a decent fairway club to get the ball in position, then skulling a wedge through the green. I guess my "bugaboo" is overall "flakiness".

Jeremy Johnson (33)

Devon United Kingdom

Could do with working on over all strike consistency, play off a fairly solid 10 handicap, but my biggest problems seem to be 110-50 yards in.

Nick Fritsch - 37

Raleigh NC

Distance.  While I'm relatively consistent, due to a abbreviated swing, I constantly leave myself with approach shots where I have a 5 iron in my hand, and sometimes a hybrid.  This makes it tough for me to score as I'm constantly trying to get up and down around the greens.

Nick F.

Have you ever wondered if attending a golf school could change your game for the better?

Here's your chance to find out.

Martin Chuck, the inventor of the Tour Striker line of training aids, has invited one of you to spend three days at his Tour Striker Golf Academy at the Raven Phoenix Golf Club.

He'll cover the cost of airfare, lodging, and the golf school. All he asks in return is you show up with a desire to improve your game and a commitment to provide a fair and honest assessment of your experience.

Here's what the winner can expect during the 3-Day Tour Striker Experience:

• World-class instruction from Golf Magazine Top 100 instructor, Martin Chuck, and his team of coaches
  • Data-driven evaluation and analysis using modern technology like Trackman, GEARS, and BodiTrak
  • An individual instruction plan designed to target and eliminate your bugaboos (those core issues that cost you strokes on the golf course)
  • Supervised on-course play to work on shot selection, technique and decision-making in real golf situations
  • Take-home materials and ongoing engagement to help you build on the fundamentals established during the golf school
Martin believes that, above all else, it's the continuing relationship with his students that truly separates the Tour Striker Golf Academy from the pack. Perhaps that's why he's received so many consistently positive reviews from his students.

"It's not pixie dust. It's knowledge and the right plan." – Martin Chuck

Contest Details (Please Read Carefully):

• A spot has been reserved in the golf school running from Thursday, December 7th through Saturday, December 9th (You'll likely need to fly into Phoenix on the 6th and out late on the 9th or on the 10th). If you cannot attend on these dates, please don't apply.
  • Prize includes airfare, lodging, and golf school admission.
  • This contest is open to eveyone worldwide, however; please note that full aifare in included for US residents only. All others will receive a $375 travel credit.
  • As always, void where prohibited.
How To Enter:

As you know, MyGolfSpy takes its product testing very seriously and that's true of this Golf School review opportunity as well. All of our reader reviews are published in our Community Forum (click here to check them out). We expect a lot from our reviewers – writing a thorough, detailed and honest review is a commitment, as well as participation in the Forum itself to answer questions and discuss your experience at the Tour Striker Academy with other golfers.

To apply to attend a 3-day golf school at the Tour Striker Academy, here's what we need to know about you:

• Your Name & Age
  • Where You Live
  • Your biggest golf bugaboo (The thing that causes you to lose strokes on the golf course)
attachicon.gifTSGA_Raven_02.jpg

We'll be announcing our golf school reviewer in the MyGolfSpy Forum in two weeks.

Good Luck.

Keylan Kado

Lethbridge Alberta

PULL HOOKS these get me on my irons to my driver when this goes wrong in a round it's so hard to overcome

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Wow - does he really think he can fix a golfer that has had the same bad habits for 50+ years...lol.

Anyway, I'd love the opportunity.

Ron Casper

Age 66

La Grange, IL.

Lack of distance and inconsistent ball striking.

Kevin Downey - 40

Rockford (Grand Rapids), MI

I'm pretty sure that I have issues with losing my spine angle.  As a result I deal with early extension that leads to fats, thins, and the occasional shank. When I'm on, I'm on, and I can consistently shoot in the high 70's.  That said, I'm far too inconsistent to to be on so I typically live in the mid 80's.  I play a draw that from time tot time becomes a hook.  This usually happens when I find myself over swinging and my swing plane changes from neutral/in to out to out to in with what I'm sure is a closed club face.  Anyway, all this leads to terribly inconsistent golf from round to round and range session to range session which makes me question whether or not I want to continue to invest time and money in the game.  A chance at some professional help would be incredible.  Thanks for the opportunity!

• Your Name & Age - Matt Buxton, 43

• Where You Live - London, UK
  • Your biggest golf bugaboo (The thing that causes you to lose strokes on the golf course) -  Two sided miss with longer clubs, too-quick tempo on the backswing.  Oh also, my putting could be better!

Josh - 33

Champaign, IL

The dreaded snap hook. Has not been as bad this year but still my miss.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Taylormade M6 10.5*

FW: Sub70 16* 4 wood

Irons:  Sub 70 

699 Pro - 3 Iron (4 iron bent to 20*)

639 CB 4 - 6

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges:

Titleist Vokey SM7 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Taylormade Spider
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Bag: Sub 70 Cart Bag
Handicap index:  +3.5

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Wow, what a great opportunity and worth flying from the UK for.

Name: Adam Uttley, 38

Bugaboo: Consistency of irons strikes. I am often long, short, left or right. My short game keeps my handicap (5) as I hit only 7 greens a round

Driver: Callaway EPIC Sub Zero 9, Oban Koboyashi shaft, set to 11deg

3 Wood: Taylormade M1, Project X Blue 6.0, set to 15.5deg

3H: Titleist 910H 19, Dynamic Gold X100 SL steel shaft, set to 18deg

4H: Titleist 910H 21, Dynamic Gold X100 SL steel shaft, set to 21deg

5i: Srixon 565, Project X LZ 6.0

6i-PW: Srixon 765, Project X LZ 6.0

GW: Miura y-grind 51

SW: Miura c-grind 55

LW: Miura Y-bring 60

Putter: Puttractor Prototype 1

Derek, 36

Brunswick, Maine

Inconsistencies within my swing have really plagued me the last two years, resulting in a lot of missed approach shots.  Far too often I find myself focusing on various corrections or positions within the swing instead of what I want the shot to do or what the target is.

:mizuno-small: ST180 w/Tensei CK Series Blue 60 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 3w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff
:callaway-small: Epic Flash 5w w/Project X HZRDUS Smoke 70 Stiff

:titelist-small: 818 h2 w/Tensei Pro Series White 90 Stiff
:srixon-small: z545 (5-PW) w/ KBS C taper 120

:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 50/54/58 degrees

:seemore-small: FGP Original

:taylormade-small: Project a