Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Happy thread

TSauer

I shot myself in the foot standards wise...I'm now just a disappointment. :rolleyes:

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The rain held off enough to make the hike to one of the best views in the Ozarks. 10/10, would recommend.

attachicon.gifIMG_0223.JPG

That's a phenomenal view...and picture.  How was it taken, by drone?  or someone else in your party. Either way, incredible. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

That's a phenomenal view...and picture. How was it taken, by drone? or someone else in your party. Either way, incredible.

My gf actually took the picture. She hiked back a little ways where there was a slight opening. The view was absolutely stunning! The Ozarks are very underrated and I wish you could see it through my eyes, the picture doesn't even do it justice.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Nah, I have done a great job of setting the bar low for my wife's expectations of me :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success,  I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model.  This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario.   Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points.  Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later.  However, two factors must be considered.   First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life.  So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date.  Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her.   While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course.  Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.  

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success,  I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model.  This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario.   Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points.  Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later.  However, two factors must be considered.   First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life.  So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date.  Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her.   While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course.  Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.  

In my case that means my wife and I head to the golf course.  If we are not on the golf course for our anniversary, then neither of us are happy.  We met on the golf course, I proposed on the 1st tee, and we got married on the 1st tee; said I DO and turned around and teed off.  Everyone played until we dropped.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success, I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model. This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario. Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points. Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later. However, two factors must be considered. First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life. So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date. Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her. While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course. Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.

Solid logic. I used your Ravens example for my country club. Beach club for her and golf for me. I often get told I am not playing enough golf. That is the gift that keeps on giving.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

This makes me so happy to see

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ9Y8cil-sE/

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

In my case that means my wife and I head to the golf course.  If we are not on the golf course for our anniversary, then neither of us are happy.  We met on the golf course, I proposed on the 1st tee, and we got married on the 1st tee; said I DO and turned around and teed off.  Everyone played until we dropped.  

... That might be the most romantic thing I have ever read. Sure there are those that think romance is flowers, dancing, an extravagant dinner, jewelry, etc. But when both parties are on the same page about golf and marriage I cannot find the words to describe just how impressive that is. You Da Man and Woman! 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

... That might be the most romantic thing I have ever read. Sure there are those that think romance is flowers, dancing, an extravagant dinner, jewelry, etc. But when both parties are on the same page about golf and marriage I cannot find the words to describe just how impressive that is. You Da Man and Woman! 

It really is, but we do have our differences on the course.  OK, I'm an engineer... retired.  My wife is an artist... photography, but she will disagree.  She says she is a lab rat.  What works for me, doesn't seem to work for her, and there is no way I can do some of the things she does!  But we both like to play, and our vacations are planned based on courses to play and certainly the weather.  Two weeks in Palm Springs in January coming up.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I could have started this post in the Rant Thread, but it has a happy ending... no, not that kind!

I flew to Phoenix today.  I got up at 3:30am to catch a 5:45am flight to Seattle on Delta.  The flight crew boarded at 5am.  I scored an upgrade to First Class.  When I boarded and took my seat, the flight attendant asked if I would like anything to drink besides the complimentary bottle of water.  

I said, "SURE!  I'd love a cup of coffee."  

She said, "Oh, I'm not sure that it's working."  

SAY WHAT?  It's 5am and you didn't put the coffee on??  You didn't even check??  (That was my Inside Voice, but sometimes my Inside Voice gets Outside.)  Thankfully, it didn't this time.  It's only a 45 min flight, but I still wanted coffee... none came.

Changed planes in Seattle; short layover, had to hustle through the airport.  Again in First Class I board the plane and the same flight attendant was at the door of the plane.  I take my 3C seat, and before she started through First Class asking what people wanted, she brought me a cup of coffee!!!  I didn't even have to ask.  

The best part of the trip was my clubs arrived in Phoenix intact in my Club Glove bag.  I am staying at the Legacy Golf Resort, but I arrived before noon and my room wasn't ready yet, so I had a nice lunch and spent a couple of hours chipping and putting on Bermuda grass.  Whoa!! It's fast!!

Nice!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I could have started this post in the Rant Thread, but it has a happy ending... no, not that kind!

I flew to Phoenix today. I got up at 3:30am to catch a 5:45am flight to Seattle on Delta. The flight crew boarded at 5am. I scored an upgrade to First Class. When I boarded and took my seat, the flight attendant asked if I would like anything to drink besides the complimentary bottle of water.

I said, "SURE! I'd love a cup of coffee."

She said, "Oh, I'm not sure that it's working."

SAY WHAT? It's 5am and you didn't put the coffee on?? You didn't even check?? (That was my Inside Voice, but sometimes my Inside Voice gets Outside.) Thankfully, it didn't this time. It's only a 45 min flight, but I still wanted coffee... none came.

Changed planes in Seattle; short layover, had to hustle through the airport. Again in First Class I board the plane and the same flight attendant was at the door of the plane. I take my 3C seat, and before she started through First Class asking what people wanted, she brought me a cup of coffee!!! I didn't even have to ask.

The best part of the trip was my clubs arrived in Phoenix intact in my Club Glove bag. I am staying at the Legacy Golf Resort, but I arrived before noon and my room wasn't ready yet, so I had a nice lunch and spent a couple of hours chipping and putting on Bermuda grass. Whoa!! It's fast!!

Now that's good customer service! Enjoy the trip

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Got home from the club yesterday and found out my youngest got selected to be a student ambassador for her school. They chose two out of the entire school and she was one of them. Not bad for a six year old

WITB 2024

Got home from the club yesterday and found out my youngest got selected to be a student ambassador for her school. They chose two out of the entire school and she was one of them. Not bad for a six year old

Congratulations!  What a great experience that both of you will share for a lifetime!

High School reunion this weekend. Golfing with my old buddies tomorrow and Saturday in Ann Arbor as long as the weather holds! Looking forward to our round tomorrow as we're playing at a private UofM course, Radrick Farms, that I've never played before. Saturday we will play at the former CC where I used to work in the summers during college; what was Washtenaw CC. I can't wait! Should be a TON of fun!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

In my case that means my wife and I head to the golf course. If we are not on the golf course for our anniversary, then neither of us are happy. We met on the golf course, I proposed on the 1st tee, and we got married on the 1st tee; said I DO and turned around and teed off. Everyone played until we dropped.

Same for us. Hell, sometimes I have to fight my wife to see who gets to play while the other babysits.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Same for us. Hell, sometimes I have to fight my wife to see who gets to play while the other babysits.

I bought my wife golf balls for our anniversary 🏌️⛳️

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I bought my wife golf balls for our anniversary 🏌️⛳️

Better than a vacuum

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

• 3 weeks later...

Too much ranting and not enough happiness.

I'm a happy homeowner today. I just successfully unclogged an awfully clogged toilet using an auger. It's not much to others but it's my first time doing it so I'm glad I could do the "manly" thing for my family.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm a happy homeowner today. I just successfully unclogged an awfully clogged toilet using an auger. It's not much to others but it's my first time doing it so I'm glad I could do the "manly" thing for my family.

Touch wood, haven't had to use an auger yet. It's still early though

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

... Amen! Not to be political but the worst thing that has happened in this country is the oligarchy convincing the common man that a liberal or a conservative is the enemy. So much ranting when we are all in this boat together. Hopefully we get back to agree to disagree with respect and still play golf together. Or lend your neighbor, regardless of who he/she voted for, an auger to unplug their toilet and be happy :)  

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

If you have kids it won't be the last. That use to be the after school activity at my house - see how much you can stuff down the toilet.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I am happy because I am attending my youngest granddaughters college soccer game at Florida College in Temple Terrace, FL

She is a Freshman Starter for Warner College....

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

It is November 1st and I am still playing golf in shorts on Long Island.

WITB 2024

I'm just happy with my life right now. We're in a good place as a family and are just enjoying ourselves.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

The Georgia Bulldogs are rated #1 in college football!  Fans in Georgia are going nuts :D 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well, now I know who to call if my toilet ever clogs up 😂

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Just got rid of a rental property that has been a financial drain on us today.😁 Now I can put more money into golf! Oh wait... Daughter's starting orthodontics soon... Guess this part should be in the rant section, lol

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Just got rid of a rental property that has been a financial drain on us today. Now I can put more money into golf! Oh wait... Daughter's starting orthodontics soon... Guess this part should be in the rant section, lol

MDGolfHacker

Oh man! I have two daughters that needed quite a bit of orthodontics. Good luck! By the time we were done with that, it was 30k between the two of them.