TESTERS WANTED! ×

Happy thread

TSauer

Not sure my wife and daughter liked the ride.

On the other hand I have not stopped laughing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

So out of nowhere today in Disney my family was chosen to be the grand marshals of the daily parade. Really a once in a lifetime experience that I think SWMBO is smiling in her sleep over. They even gave us some cool ears for the occasion.

attachicon.gif53341423980__988C6588-B9F8-47E4-8EB0-1F8BA5CE2709.JPG

Neat - memories that'll last a lifetime.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Congrats!!  That's great news.  I'ts always nice to see the results of hard work.  Was it a specific diet, or just eating smarter?   

Just eating smarter really. More fiber and avoiding processed food as much as possible...although the occasional trip to a restaurant still happens.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Stitches came out of my foot today!!  No more taking showers with my foot double-bagged.   :)

Two more weeks before I can play again, but I can drive the cart and chip and putt.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Stitches came out of my foot today!! No more taking showers with my foot double-bagged. :)

Two more weeks before I can play again, but I can drive the cart and chip and putt.

That's great - a big step (no pun intended) to complete recovery

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I've been to the range the last two days while on business in Arkansas, and I can say these KBS Tour V shafts are performing very well!! I had a shot pattern with the 7-8-9 today that was within a total width of a green I had targeted. The swing is still a work in progress, but the shaft change has made me VERY happy!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Had the opportunity to hit next to the best golfer in our area today.He has the most awkward - looping - somewhat over the top swing ever.The guy would make any online guru cringe and call him a heretic.Everyone of his strikes was so pure sounding and looking.Looked up his scores last year and he shot back to back 64's to win his 12 th county tourney.He was just a robot how accurate he is and long.Such a joy to see it today.None of us on here would even come close to touching this guy.What a pleasure today

Keep it in the short stuff

Just over a week to go till my wife and I venture to the outback to spend the Holidays with my daughter and her boyfriend (where they live).  Nothing but anthills, kangaroos, and Rum.  Oh, and 100+ temps everyday with almost no clouds.   I'll still dream of golf though. :>)

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Just over a week to go till my wife and I venture to the outback to spend the Holidays with my daughter and her boyfriend (where they live). Nothing but anthills, kangaroos, and Rum. Oh, and 100+ temps everyday with almost no clouds. I'll still dream of golf though. :>)

I know I asked you this before but where do they live in Australia? We visited my daughter and her husband in Hobart, Tasmania earlier this year. My wife and I got to play awesome courses including Barnboogle Dunes which is in the top 50 courses in the world.

What a great country - they only problem is the time it takes to get there. Took us a total of 30 hours airport to final airport (Hobart).

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I know I asked you this before but where do they live in Australia? We visited my daughter and her husband in Hobart, Tasmania earlier this year. My wife and I got to play awesome courses including Barnboogle Dunes which is in the top 50 courses in the world.

What a great country - they only problem is the time it takes to get there. Took us a total of 30 hours airport to final airport (Hobart).

They are about 30 North of walk about Creek. A small town and hour from mount Isa Queensland called cloncurry.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

They are about 30 North of walk about Creek. A small town and hour from mount Isa Queensland called cloncurry.

Ah, banana benders!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

LOL, I've been told that's because the south is just jealous, they only have serial killers there.

LOL, I've been told that's because the south is just jealous, they only have serial killers there.

I might add, there are terms given to different parts of America that could cause negative responses. I would say that expression would not be in the Happy category.

... Oh, and 100+ temps everyday with almost no clouds...

Better bring extra rum 😁

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Better bring extra rum 😁

MDGolfHacker

I live on Bundaberg and coke. And lamb ribs, chops, etc...

Had the opportunity to hit next to the best golfer in our area today.He has the most awkward - looping - somewhat over the top swing ever.The guy would make any online guru cringe and call him a heretic.Everyone of his strikes was so pure sounding and looking.Looked up his scores last year and he shot back to back 64's to win his 12 th county tourney.He was just a robot how accurate he is and long.Such a joy to see it today.None of us on here would even come close to touching this guy.What a pleasure today

... This reminds me of Johnny Miller describing Craig Parry's swing that was more than good enough to win a tournament: Parry has a swing that would make Ben Hogan "puke" even as Parry was in the process of winning the Ford Championship with his dramatic eagle on the first playoff hole Sunday. I kinda miss old school players like Floyd, Palmer, Rodriguez and Trevino that had amazing different swings that were "flawed" but good enough to beat the best players in the world. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

... This reminds me of Johnny Miller describing Craig Parry's swing that was more than good enough to win a tournament: Parry has a swing that would make Ben Hogan "puke" even as Parry was in the process of winning the Ford Championship with his dramatic eagle on the first playoff hole Sunday. I kinda miss old school players like Floyd, Palmer, Rodriguez and Trevino that had amazing different swings that were "flawed" but good enough to beat the best players in the world.

Those few extremely talented players are one of those reasons why the rest of us continue to play.

I would agree. The best player at our club has the weirdest swing I've seen. Makes me wonder about all those instructors that try to change your swing to look like the perfect textbook one

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I would agree. The best player at our club has the weirdest swing I've seen. Makes me wonder about all those instructors that try to change your swing to look like the perfect textbook one

For Us mortals we need to be orthodox and comforming.A swing that is almost same plane back and thru with a clubface that stays relatively square is our goal.Doesnt have to be flashy.Just repeatable.And seems only way to learn this is from an instructor.No way could I tackle changing to this on my own

For Us mortals we need to be orthodox and comforming.A swing that is almost same plane back and thru with a clubface that stays relatively square is our goal.Doesnt have to be flashy.Just repeatable.And seems only way to learn this is from an instructor.No way could I tackle changing to this on my own

I do agree with you on this. I have an instructor who is working with me to ensure the result you stated (square on impact). Two lessons is all it took for me to understand what and how to do it. My drives are now on target.

On the other hand my previous two instructors wanted me to start from scratch and tried to give me too many things to work on at once.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I do agree with you on this. I have an instructor who is working with me to ensure the result you stated (square on impact). Two lessons is all it took for me to understand what and how to do it. My drives are now on target.

On the other hand my previous two instructors wanted me to start from scratch and tried to give me too many things to work on at once.

good to hear Tony.Dont give up on his ideas and keep pursuing positive results.Im not quite there yet.But I think I'm heading in the right direction this time

Wife and I now have the same chromebooks so I had to do something to differentiate mine

MGS also included a patch that I need to figure out how to get on my bag! attachicon.gifIMG_20171130_183408.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_20171130_183416.jpg

We have a shoe repair business in town that has repaired golf bags for me in the past.  I'd check a store like that.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

... I can't tell you how many students I had that went thru the same thing. When I started teaching I was lucky enough to pick the brain of a legendary teacher in NC that nobody heard of because he taught recreational golfers. But the main statement that stuck with me is (reading in a thick southern accent) "When your teechun, give out in-fer-may-shun by the teaspoon not tha shuvul". He confirmed my theory that the best way to teach is helping most students improve what they are already doing, not build a new swing. A good instructor knows even the smallest change to someones grip seems like a huge change to them and often throws everything completely out of sync. If it is necessary to change someones grip, I tried to move their hands just barely every other lesson and give them a chance to get accustomed to what seems like a tiny change as an instructor but is monumental to the student. So changing as little as possible every lesson with maximum results should be the goal of every teacher. 

... Conventional teaching wisdom says you need to take three "new/good" swing for every one "old/bad" swing to change muscle memory. For someone that has been playing a good while, this is almost impossible. Sure there are students with the time and dedication but they are very rare. If a player has a weak casting, over the top move resulting in a big slice, my job was to get them to produce a less casting, less over the top move that resulting in a manageable fade. So a 190 yd drive that is inconsistent and fades 30 yds is turned into a 210-220 yd drive that finds the center more often and fades 10 yards. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:  Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :cobra-small: Aerojet 3/5 ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:      430 Hybrid 22*... Steelfiber 780Hy 
                  :taylormade-small:  DHy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r 
Irons:       :titleist-small:         '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :taylormade-small: Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:  Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli     Maxfli Tour

Finally ready to put away the leaf blower for the winter. In November it's a marathon getting all of the leaves (30+ BIG maples) out to the street. The neat thing is that our township has a big vacuum that comes by for leaf pickup - then the leaves and tree limbs get chipped/shredded into mulch. The mulch is free to the residents

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

SWMBO and I went to a Christmas Party last night for a club she belongs to dragging me kicking and screaming behind. It's actually not bad all moneys raised go to Honor Flight where we help defray the costs. They also do a couple of special events for the area schools for clothes & supplies.

Anyway my wife was talking to a couple ladies and I wasn't (as usual) paying much attention then one woman left early. My wife asked me how old did I think the woman was I replied dunno maybe 70? Noooo, she's 81, works as a Cast Member @ Disney World and she left early because she was meeting her boyfriend at a bar/restaurant that has live entertainment every night and she was going dancing

Man she's my Hero

SWMBO says she's a great person with tons of energy!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yeah I know a women like that - she's 85 and we have a tough time keeping up with her, she has boundless energy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

My grandmother was traveling all over the world at 93. Hope I got those genes

My grandmother was traveling all over the world at 93. Hope I got those genes

WOW! I hope we all do!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2