Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Happy thread

TSauer

This day 4 years ago my boy was born. Both he and my wife had a very rough time and we didn't know if either would make it. He spent 3 weeks in the NICU and she got 10 units of blood. Long story short they both made it and I have a very happy and fun 4 year old and a great wife.

Edit:

My bad for not realizing I had already replied. I'm going to sit in the corner as self punishment.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Just had the best range session of my life!!!

Picked up a tip an it is amazing!!!

Working the ball is so much easier this way!!

Super Jason Day height 3 iron, to a head high stinger. Watch out!

I notice you aren't sharing the tip :)

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Went to see my Detroit Tigers play for the first time in 16 years! Summers as a kid on the “corner of Michigan and Trumbull” used to be the best at old Tiger Stadium. Great day for a game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

We need a combined happy and rant thread

Posted a bit ago that the wireless device on my computer wasn't working and when I connected a patch cord I couldn't get on line.

Restored the computer and now have the wireless function working

Oh wait I had to select the restore option that deleted all of my apps.

So now I'm going to spend a couple of hours reinstalling the apps/deleted! And yes all personal files were backed up - I learned that lesson earlier this year.

But I'm happy that I didn't have to take it in for service

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Got a round of 18 booked for Sunday morning with my brother and his brother-in-law, who happens to be a great guy and a long time friend of mine as well.

My company's had a record sales month and there's still two days left to go. As the marketing manager, that makes me happy. 

Next week I'll be taking the whole family plus my dad and father-in-law to a drum corps show that we look forward to every year.

Got a lot to be happy about  B)

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Glad  I found this thread- because I want to share the rather eventful week I have just experienced. 

First, last Thursday thru Saturday was our club Member-Guest tournament.  Interesting format- 12 flights of 8 teams of two (196 players) face off in a series of 9 hole matches in different formats (four ball, scramble, modified alternate shot, etc) on our two facilities.  My brother and I have done well, both by playing well and catching others at a good time- until this year.  We were bottom seed in our flight, and the first day we halved both matches - best you can do by not losing, but many others made hay by running up scores, etc.

Second day we did ok, and we were actually helped by a period of rain that shortened one round, which gave us a few points but did not allow anybody to run away with the lead.  Saturday we shot lights out and beat our two opponent teams 6 1/2 to 2 1/2, and won the flight by 1/2 point.  Very happy indeed.IMG_1541.JPG

At the awards dinner that evening we met a guest who was a member of the Philadelphia Eagles front office- he shared his ring!!

IMG_1551.JPGIMG_1552.JPG

Being from Philly, it was a real treat and for those of you who dont like Philadelphia, please see the attached link  ...https://www.facebook.com/PhiladelphiaEaglesFrenzy/videos/2067311780154482/

So, then came Monday evening- where I attended a fundraising event for the Washington Capitals Alumni Association.  It was the second year for the event, and I knew a few of the individuals from last year.  There was a 3 foot tall, 35 pound special guest - standing next to it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up - just awesome! IMG_1563.JPG

After a few adult beverages, I got to talking about playing goalie with a few other goaliesIMG_1584.JPG (Olie Kolzig, me, Brent Johnson and Dave Parro -

Well, one thing lead to another, and on Tuesday evening  I find myself.... well...Bonsai, me and Oli.jpg

That is Olie giving instructions to Peter Bondra and me

Team kneeling.jpg

The obligatory after game kneeling photo!  What a wonderful group of memories!!

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

Sounds like you had a blast!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

this goes in the happy/rant thread....

our entire IS&T department (~200) is moving to a new building and the moving process is a total clustercluck.

on the happy side of things - on Monday I'll have a new cubicle with new chair, standing desk and a window letting in some natural light.... it's the little things that count. :lol:

btw - I've been a cubicle dweller for as long as I can remember (90's, sometime) ... and it just seems to be my destiny.  whoa is the life of a techie....

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I am putting this in he happy thread because all I can do is laugh.

So I took my advancement test back in May, if anyone has ever taken a test that is so impossibly obscure that it has nothing to do with anything than you will understand.

The previous 2 years I scored 100/150. Which is pretty respectable for this test. I ended up 320, and 260 out of 480.

This year... all I had to do is write another 100 and I would have been in the top 75 with all of the other factors that go into it.

Well I wrote a 85... ended up 273.

The only thing I can think as to why this happened is because I am going to get picked up for a special assignment.

So I took my advancement test back in May, if anyone has ever taken a test that is so impossibly obscure that it has nothing to do with anything than you will understand.

The previous 2 years I scored 100/150. Which is pretty respectable for this test. I ended up 320, and 260 out of 480.

This year... all I had to do is write another 100 and I would have been in the top 75 with all of the other factors that go into it.

The only thing I can think as to why this happened is because I am going to get picked up for a special assignment.

totally confused but special assignment sounds cool....  congrats!  I think?  :)

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

this goes in the happy/rant thread....

our entire IS&T department (~200) is moving to a new building and the moving process is a total clustercluck.

on the happy side of things - on Monday I'll have a new cubicle with new chair, standing desk and a window letting in some natural light.... it's the little things that count. :lol:

btw - I've been a cubicle dweller for as long as I can remember (90's, sometime) ... and it just seems to be my destiny.  whoa is the life of a techie....

I was a cubie too back in the day.   ;)   Believe it or not I was in the computer support field for 32 years....  Now I'm a happily retired golf loving, hip hurting, life loving, crazy old man.  ;)

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I was a cubie too back in the day.   ;)   Believe it or not I was in the computer support field for 32 years....  Now I'm a happily retired golf loving, hip hurting, life loving, crazy old man.  ;)

NICE!  

You forgot the pocket-picking SSW playing swashbuckler part!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Yes, it would be a CWO program.

Not the “special assignment” you're thinking. Haha

Ah... Chief Warrant Officer.... the most confusing rank in all armed forces!

Hope it works out ... that'd be great!  .... maybe it will get you out of the icebox for a while too!

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

NICE!  

You forgot the pocket-picking SSW playing swashbuckler part!

lmao!  Oh yea that's a must....   ;)   When I pull my pocket picker out of my black golf bag old coots everywhere shake with fear!. :blink:   It reminds them of the days when Paladin (you young guns won't know who Paladin was) pulls out his six shooter and lays down the lead.  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

lmao!  Oh yea that's a must....   ;)   When I pull my pocket picker out of my black golf bag old coots everywhere shake with fear!. :blink:   It reminds them of the days when Paladin (you young guns won't know who Paladin was) pulls out his six shooter and lays down the lead.  

Haha!  He was a bad arse before anyone even knew what that was... one of the best theme songs ever made too!

My mom and I watched a LOT of westerns.  Her favorite was Gunsmoke but we watched a lot of Bonanza too...

Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X

Kinda reminds of when I took the Navy OCS test back in the late 60's. They told I flunked the regular OCS test but PASSED the Naval OCS aviators test. Hmmm I wonder if that had to do with the Navy at that time losing pilots left and right in Vietnam?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Well, my goal was under 24 by the end of June. Got it by 4 seconds. It was too dang hot to run.

attachicon.gifIMG_3376.PNG

Seriously awesome time! Well done. I used to be a big runner but don't think I ever came close to a sub 25 5k. Well done. Your inspiring me to get back out there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

Glad I found this thread- because I want to share the rather eventful week I have just experienced.

First, last Thursday thru Saturday was our club Member-Guest tournament. Interesting format- 12 flights of 8 teams of two (196 players) face off in a series of 9 hole matches in different formats (four ball, scramble, modified alternate shot, etc) on our two facilities. My brother and I have done well, both by playing well and catching others at a good time- until this year. We were bottom seed in our flight, and the first day we halved both matches - best you can do by not losing, but many others made hay by running up scores, etc.

Second day we did ok, and we were actually helped by a period of rain that shortened one round, which gave us a few points but did not allow anybody to run away with the lead. Saturday we shot lights out and beat our two opponent teams 6 1/2 to 2 1/2, and won the flight by 1/2 point. Very happy indeed.attachicon.gifIMG_1541.JPG

At the awards dinner that evening we met a guest who was a member of the Philadelphia Eagles front office- he shared his ring!!

attachicon.gifIMG_1551.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1552.JPG

Being from Philly, it was a real treat and for those of you who dont like Philadelphia, please see the attached link ...https://www.facebook.com/PhiladelphiaEaglesFrenzy/videos/2067311780154482/

So, then came Monday evening- where I attended a fundraising event for the Washington Capitals Alumni Association. It was the second year for the event, and I knew a few of the individuals from last year. There was a 3 foot tall, 35 pound special guest - standing next to it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up - just awesome! attachicon.gifIMG_1563.JPG

After a few adult beverages, I got to talking about playing goalie with a few other goaliesattachicon.gifIMG_1584.JPG (Olie Kolzig, me, Brent Johnson and Dave Parro -

Well, one thing lead to another, and on Tuesday evening I find myself.... well...attachicon.gifBonsai, me and Oli.jpg

That is Olie giving instructions to Peter Bondra and me

attachicon.gifTeam kneeling.jpg

The obligatory after game kneeling photo! What a wonderful group of memories!!

Wow what an incredible experience!! How many did Peter blow by ya? 🤣

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

After a long time, I finally got a tattoo I had done for my son redone to look a hell of a lot better than it was.

From this: my tattoo2.JPG

To this: 20180629_195135.jpg

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

HOLY SMOKES! I WON! :D

Just happened to be on-line yesterday afternoon and saw the live MGS YouTube link pop in for a "closest-to-the-pin contest".

I was intrigued so I settled in to watch and participate. Part of the participation was guessing the distance closest for each stage and the person who guessed the correct distance (at least on the first stage) would win a custom wedge from Fourteen Golf, or a MGS head cover on other stages, and so on. I just took a stab at it in each stage and watched those guys pepper the green (and water) for the duration of the video-good fun!

This morning I woke up and looked at my phone as usual and see an email from Adam himself proclaiming yours truly as the winner of the wedge...!!! :o

I immediately responded back with my info and await hearing from Jacob with Fourteen Golf to start the customization process..!!! :rolleyes:

WOW! I am thrilled and my head is swimming with ideas-this aught to be fun! I will definitely keep you all informed as this goes along and I'll probably start a new thread soon as well.

Big thanks to Adam the whole MGS staff and huge thanks to Fourteen Golf for this amazing prize! I cannot wait! B)

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Careful now......quite a few guys and gals here remember 'Have Gun Will Travel"  ^_^

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart