Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Happy thread

TSauer

My game is officially in the toilet. I was going to put it in the rant thread, but I am happy because I don't think it can get much worse than this. Seems like every July I hit a plateau of crappy golf.

Friday Match with the boss was atrocious. Couldn't get anything to work. Today at the range the only thing that was working as told was the driver... go figure.

Set up slightly open with a strong grip and swing for the fences. Was getting a perfect 10 yard fade that was placed just passed the 250 marker into the wind on a Jason Day trajectory. Everything else was ballooning up on me, it was quartering into me from the left. My least favorite wind direction.

I was blocking the crap out of my wedges and irons.

Need to find a pro to get my game figured out, and see what shaft I should be using, and clubs.

Keep working at it. I was there a month ago between injuries and not playing well and got it turned around thanks to a doc at my club and our asst. pro. Not making as many birdies as as usually do but also not making three others a round either.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Keep working at it. I was there a month ago between injuries and not playing well and got it turned around thanks to a doc at my club and our asst. pro. Not making as many birdies as as usually do but also not making three others a round either.

Thanks for the words of encouragement!!

Well, a nice windy range day. Same wind as yesterday. I forced myself to hit draws. I think I was having an alignment issue, anyways... all good now.

I was using my wedge swing with my irons too. A little too steep for irons, that never works.

I think I'll use the draw as my stock shot from now on, hitting fades all day messes me up.

Putter was working on the practice green too.

Now, I should just stop practicing.

I finally had a good ball striking day. Now the 24 putts for 46 on the front nine needs to be stopped but more coming on that in the rant/how did you play thread.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I finally had a good ball striking day. Now the 24 putts for 46 on the front nine needs to be stopped but more coming on that in the rant/how did you play thread.

Please note that there is some sarcasm and general curiosity in this post.   I saw you responded in the Cameron Concept thread with:  "I do have a very fast paced putting stroke so "winged" putters and I don't work well together. "  I didn't see a post in the rant/how did you play thread so here goes:

With 24 putts over 9 holes what kind of putter do you have and maybe you should try something else?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Please note that there is some sarcasm and general curiosity in this post. I saw you responded in the Cameron Concept thread with: "I do have a very fast paced putting stroke so "winged" putters and I don't work well together. " I didn't see a post in the rant/how did you play thread so here goes:

With 24 putts over 9 holes what kind of putter do you have and maybe you should try something else?

That is a valid question. I didn't get the other post up because something else came up.

Anyway, the 24 putts is a total anomaly for my game. I only had 14 putts on the back 9. My putting usually makes up for my lack of ball striking prowess. My average putt numbers hover around 28 and my putts per GIR is around 2.0. I currently putt with a Ping Sigma G B60 that I was fit for (taking into account my faster stroke), which I love.

The rant was just going to be about how I finally had a great ball striking day and laid a total egg with the putter.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Ok, I got to share some wisdom that I've learned here in my year and some change.

That old timer that stopped on the range to watch me the other day said he changed his practice schedule to the timed that I am there.

Anyways, he has a square strike and asked if I'd try it, I did. It wouldn't work well for me but he is a ninja with it.

We got talking about equipment and “technology” so I took a look in his bag.... he has blades even I would be scared of hitting and I'm in the aim small miss small crowd.

He had trouble getting the ball airborne. I'd guess his driver goes 160-175 with roll.

Mentioned he likes my wedge game and asked how to learn it. I said I'm sure you know who Seve Ballesteros was he nodded. I said watch him.

On the the clubs. I told him about MyGolfSpy and to check it out. He doesn't do tech too much, so I told him to look at the Cleveland HBX and the smart sole wedges. The G400 irons, and I rattled off a few more SGI irons.

I think I inspired “Hank” to get some new tech or at least look into it.

Glad to share the knowledge!

Shot a record low +8 thru 18 and finished my 114th hole since Saturday night. What a great week of golf. I've told the wife that the more I play, the better I am. She has given the all clear to play more.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Shot a record low +8 thru 18 and finished my 114th hole since Saturday night. What a greater week of golf. I've told the wife that the more I play, the better I am. She has given the all clear to play more.

She must really enjoy having you out of the house

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

She must really enjoy having you out of the house

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

If it means more golf and/or more rounds like today... that's okay with me!🤣

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Yesterday, my buds and I played our routine course in Cambridge, the River Marsh.    The course has now introduced what could be labelled the "Super Senior Tees".    On about 8 of the holes, these tees are about 15 to 20 yards ahead of the regular "Senior Tees", on the remaining holes they are about 15 to 20 yards behind what would be considered the "Ladies Tees".   For giggles and grins, my buds and I decided to play them.   For me it was significant that on hole 17 from these tees, one does not need to hit over the water, it is about a 110 yard shot on the other side of the water.  

Long and short, from these tees, I shot a 74 when my typical score from the regular Senior tees varies from the mid to high 80s.   Again, we did it for giggles and grins, so we will return to our regular tees our next round.   But I must say, darn was it fun, I mean a heck of a lot  of fun.   While no where near the same and no way comparable, at least, for one day, I got to feel what it must be like to be a "single digit guy".

Ending the week on a high note by one of my sales reps calling me saying we closed on a $1.7M deal today. Man, that just makes me jump for joy. I love seeing my team succeed and hearing the joy in their voices when they see their hard work pay off.

The Navy SEALs have a great quote I always tell my team:

“We are not special. But we do the most basic tasks extraordinarily well.”

Graduated from my fire academy today. That was 6 long months.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Congrats! Thank you for your service!

Awesome and congrats!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congratulations!!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congrats - sounds like it was a long, hard road

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Congrats! Thank you for your service!

Congratulations!!!

Awesome and congrats!

Congratulations!!

Congrats - sounds like it was a long, hard road

Thanks gentlemen it was a long strenuous 6 months.

When did you get the spider?

I've had it for a while now. Ended up trading my original one for a blade, then missed it too much so I did some more trading to get one back. Probably my favorite putter I've ever had.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

RESPECT! Thank-you for putting it on the line out there!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Awesome, and congrats. I know it's not easy, and we thank you for your willingness to serve your community

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W