TESTERS WANTED! ×

Happy thread

TSauer

4 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

At the tail end of a 16 hour day today I got an email for a golf invite to Trump Westchester on Friday. My first thought was to say no due to work commitments and then well I sent my admin an email and let her know I was taking Friday off. Haven’t hit a ball in over two weeks but it is one of my favorite tracks so why not?

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

As my brother keeps telling me "no-one ever said on their death bed, I wish I'd spent more time at work!"

Enjoy the game, you're worth it!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Most of us enjoy watching the Class of 2011 on the pro tour.    I have had the opportunity to watch the future classes of golfers on a much lower level, but never the less, more enjoyable on a personal level.   A close friend of mine has a grandchild that is the number 3 player on his high school team as a freshman.   A year of so ago, my friend and I were playing golf and he noticed some improvement in my game and asked how he heck did that happen.   I told him that I was taking lessons from a local PGA teaching pro.   He then asked me to see if the pro would be willing to work with a youngster because he saw the natural talent in his grandson.   So I asked the pro and he responded that he loved to work with young golfers one on one.   Not only has the pro been working with the youngster but he is super enthused doing so.  

My friend and I constantly discuss the youngster's progress,   My friend also knows that I have an interest in his progress.   So he said to me that it would be helpful if someone other than his grandfather and his instructor would support and encourage him.   Last week I went with my friend to watch his grandson and his teammates compete in the local high school championship which they won and his grandson had the third lowest score of all the players most of whom were seniors.   Yesterday, I went to watch them compete in the eastern shore district championship.   While another school beat them by one stroke in the team total, they never the less did qualify for the coming State championship in their division.  

While I was at those tournaments to support my friend's grandson,  I found that I genuinely enjoyed watching all the youngsters play.    I saw the personal relationships that they had developed over the season of play beyond their teammates and the sportsmanship that they displayed.   I realized that I am watching some "really good kids" both as golfers and future adults.   While since my days of playing a team sport times have changed,  it seems that the values and lessons learned by participating in athletics and on a team have not diminished.  

While my friend and I have no illusions about his grandson playing on a Division I college team or every being a pro,  I find it extremely rewarding and enjoyable to support youngsters in their athletic and team activities even if they are not your child.  Most likely you will be supporting some "really good kids" that will be needed in our future.

At the tail end of a 16 hour day today I got an email for a golf invite to Trump Westchester on Friday. My first thought was to say no due to work commitments and then well I sent my admin an email and let her know I was taking Friday off. Haven’t hit a ball in over two weeks but it is one of my favorite tracks so why not?

Do it, life is short. I’ve found out over many years the work will always be there.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Most of us enjoy watching the Class of 2011 on the pro tour.    I have had the opportunity to watch the future classes of golfers on a much lower level, but never the less, more enjoyable on a personal level.   A close friend of mine has a grandchild that is the number 3 player on his high school team as a freshman.   A year of so ago, my friend and I were playing golf and he noticed some improvement in my game and asked how he heck did that happen.   I told him that I was taking lessons from a local PGA teaching pro.   He then asked me to see if the pro would be willing to work with a youngster because he saw the natural talent in his grandson.   So I asked the pro and he responded that he loved to work with young golfers one on one.   Not only has the pro been working with the youngster but he is super enthused doing so.  
My friend and I constantly discuss the youngster's progress,   My friend also knows that I have an interest in his progress.   So he said to me that it would be helpful if someone other than his grandfather and his instructor would support and encourage him.   Last week I went with my friend to watch his grandson and his teammates compete in the local high school championship which they won and his grandson had the third lowest score of all the players most of whom were seniors.   Yesterday, I went to watch them compete in the eastern shore district championship.   While another school beat them by one stroke in the team total, they never the less did qualify for the coming State championship in their division.  
While I was at those tournaments to support my friend's grandson,  I found that I genuinely enjoyed watching all the youngsters play.    I saw the personal relationships that they had developed over the season of play beyond their teammates and the sportsmanship that they displayed.   I realized that I am watching some "really good kids" both as golfers and future adults.   While since my days of playing a team sport times have changed,  it seems that the values and lessons learned by participating in athletics and on a team have not diminished.  
While my friend and I have no illusions about his grandson playing on a Division I college team or every being a pro,  I find it extremely rewarding and enjoyable to support youngsters in their athletic and team activities even if they are not your child.  Most likely you will be supporting some "really good kids" that will be needed in our future.

Great story, kids need the personal interaction and positive support from adults.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

10 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

As my brother keeps telling me "no-one ever said on their death bed, I wish I'd spent more time at work!"

Enjoy the game, you're worth it!

I am not sure it is actually possibly to work more hours in a week than I have been doing the last two months.  It comes and it goes for me, but 10 more years of this and I should be able to move onto a second career with a lot less stress.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Great decision! Plenty of other days/hours already put in and yet to come that make up for a day of golf. Enjoy it!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

17 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

I am not sure it is actually possibly to work more hours in a week than I have been doing the last two months.  It comes and it goes for me, but 10 more years of this and I should be able to move onto a second career with a lot less stress.

Do you want to invest in a bar in Florida in about 7 years? 😁

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Not a bad way to spend a Friday....IMG_3623.JPGIMG_3634.thumb.JPG.a965b27c345ca529fec6f32c7430e0e3.JPGIMG_3637.thumb.JPG.6422a4fed0745d7557e013ef72077123.JPG

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

New driver came in today. Got a family and friends discount through Taylormade and saved $175 off retail.

Pumped! IMG_0049.JPG

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

I'm happy today is over and happy I found a replacement grille for my truck. Got an aluminum billet replacement grille for a great price. At least my truck will look good once I get it in instead of all hillbilly like without a grille.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Daughter came in 9th at the CC final meet.  I told her to keep the 4Wheeler in her sights.. she heard run with the 4Wheeler.  Lead the girls for half of the race before running out of gas.  So proud!  Can’t wait for summer training for next year.
Nothing more rewarding. Congrats for you and her

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Not a bad way to spend a Friday....IMG_3623.thumb.JPG.719c277ff50338bdaf22df7821ca1dc2.JPGIMG_3634.thumb.JPG.a965b27c345ca529fec6f32c7430e0e3.JPGIMG_3637.thumb.JPG.6422a4fed0745d7557e013ef72077123.JPG

That course is TOUGH when the wind is blowing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

On 10/13/2018 at 11:39 PM, PMookie said:

That course is TOUGH when the wind is blowing!!!

Yup! haha. That and probably the thickest rough I've ever played in...

Few holes I was just off the green and it took me awhile to find my ball. Stuff was deep and thick...

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Celebrating my 5 Year Wedding Anniversary with my wife. Time has flown but man am I lucky!!! I outkicked my coverage big time with her.IMG_4189.JPG

On 10/8/2018 at 9:51 AM, Kor.A.Door said:

Leaving Thursday to head to HHI for golf trip. Hurry up and get here, but then slow down when you do. 

5 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Celebrating my 5 Year Wedding Anniversary with my wife. Time has flown but man am I lucky!!! I outkicked my coverage big time with her.IMG_4189.JPG

Congrats - great milestone! FYI time is going to go by fast so enjoy every minute with her. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Congrats - great milestone! FYI time is going to go by fast so enjoy every minute with her. 

Thank you! Sure does help when you have fun together. And she doesn’t care if/when I golf and buys me new clubs, balls, gear, etc! Ha She’s stuck!

I am happy to be alive this AM. I was driving from Houston to Dallas last night, and was only a mile from my exit in Dallas. I happened to look off to the left at a building, and when I looked back ahead of me, there was a stalled car in my lane!!!!! I smashed the brake, but realized it wasn’t going to come even close to stopping me in-time.... I was still above 50mph, I’m sure....

I whipped the wheel left, avoided the crash, the back-end fish-tailed, but I got it corrected. And got to my hotel.

I have no idea how any cars weren’t next to me at that moment and avoided side-swiping someone. My angel, or angels were with me at that moment. It would’ve been very ugly.

I ordered breakfast at the hotel this AM..... Guess the name of the man that took my order....

Jesus.

No lie.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

52 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Congrats! And yes, it does appear you outkicked your coverage. 😉

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

I am happy to be alive this AM. I was driving from Houston to Dallas last night, and was only a mile from my exit in Dallas. I happened to look off to the left at a building, and when I looked back ahead of me, there was a stalled car in my lane!!!!! I smashed the brake, but realized it wasn’t going to come even close to stopping me in-time.... I was still above 50mph, I’m sure....

I whipped the wheel left, avoided the crash, the back-end fish-tailed, but I got it corrected. And got to my hotel.

I have no idea how any cars weren’t next to me at that moment and avoided side-swiping someone. My angel, or angels were with me at that moment. It would’ve been very ugly.

I ordered breakfast at the hotel this AM..... Guess the name of the man that took my order....

Jesus.

No lie.

Holy cow that had to be scary. Glad you're ok. A crash any any speed is not good. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

3 hours ago, PMookie said:

Jesus.

No lie.

Yikes! That is terrifying. Glad you made it out okay though. 

Finally was able to get a day yesterday and see my son play football for the first time this year. Now that he is playing for his school he switched from LB to TE and left tackle. Held his own yesterday against some kids that were much bigger than he was. I spoke with his coach after the game and he said he was very coachable and a quick learner. My son told me that what he doesn’t have in size and talent he can make up for through hard work and sound fundamentals. That mentality is the main reason that he is one of the few 7th graders that gets snaps with the first team and also something that I can’t teach.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

18 hours ago, tommc23 said:

My truck has a grille again and while I was working on it changed cabin and air filter too

that's not a grill, that's a GTFO my way !!  Cool!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Got home today from upstate and my 7 year old needed to show me something. Went into her room and she had Dad’s Old Number by Cole Swindell on her iPod for me. She learned to play most of it on her guitar and knew all the words. Not sure if she was cutting onions in the room but I had tears. Having lost my father 5 years ago that song means a lot to me and she knew it. There is really something special about this little girl.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Got home today from upstate and my 7 year old needed to show me something. Went into her room and she had Dad’s Old Number by Cole Swindell on her iPod for me. She learned to play most of it on her guitar and knew all the words. Not sure if she was cutting onions in the room but I had tears. Having lost my father 5 years ago that song means a lot to me and she knew it. There is really something special about this little girl.

That is so touching, it's amazing what kids can do to evoke memories.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

That is so touching, it's amazing what kids can do to evoke memories.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Something special about the youngest. My older two are great kids but she is just special. I spent an hour tonight playing guitar with her and I haven’t played much at all since college which was a lot of years ago.

My wife got me a Leuk the Duck headcover for JL since my Dad also passed away from Leukemia. My youngest said to make him Deuce....Ronnie Jr. after my Dad. Just something special.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond