Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Happy thread

TSauer

First, I’m happy I’ve never owned or used a credit card in my life.Always followed the old saying’ if you don’t have the cash for it.Just walk away’.Year end profit sharing and bonus checks coming in.Goes right in savings and won’t spend a penny of it 

credit cards are like the devil 

First congratulations on your financial standing. That said, Used properly, You are actually leaving free money on the table. A rewards card paid in full each month is debt free and you could get back anywhere from 2 to 4 percent free money each year.

I plan on using miles on my Amex Delta card for a trip to Scotland next year, that i might have been hesitant to pay cash for, and it hasnt cost me a penny of interest.

But if you’ve never owned one, i can understand the hesitancy to change what has worked well for you.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

27 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

First congratulations on your financial standing. That said, Used properly, You are actually leaving free money on the table. A rewards card paid in full each month is debt free and you could get back anywhere from 2 to 4 percent free money each year.

I plan on using miles on my Amex Delta card for a trip to Scotland next year, that i might have been hesitant to pay cash for, and it hasnt cost me a penny of interest.

But if you’ve never owned one, i can understand the hesitancy to change what has worked well for you.

Not really interested in that rob. But I do think for the younger crowd of Millennials it would be a great way establishing a positive credit line 

my goal will be as it is. Than start living off of the 401 k’s and interest off of my CD’s.You should start a special savings plan that rounds all of your purchases too the dollar. It takes this and places it in a special savings account when using your debit card. It’s amazing home many funds I have available in their after a year with interest. Like a small piggy bank without the hassle of loose change 

really have to be prepared for the future Rob

Keep it in the short stuff

11 minutes ago, Big money said:

Not really interested in that rob. But I do think for the younger crowd of Millennials it would be a great way establishing a positive credit line 

my goal will be as it is. Than start living off of the 401 k’s and interest off of my CD’s.You should start a special savings plan that rounds all of your purchases too the dollar. It takes this and places it in a special savings account when using your debit card. It’s amazing home many funds I have available in their after a year with interest. Like a small piggy bank without the hassle of loose change 

really have to be prepared for the future Rob

So true on that, it's here before anyone thinks it is, and sooner for some than others!

The rounding up on the card I did that several years ago with a different  bank debit card, and it did accumulate a nice little savings,  thanks for the reminder I should do it with this one as well.  

Back home after a long, exhausting, and ultimately rewarding weekend - our kids won their third national championship in a row, scoring a 98.075, the highest score out of any marching band in the country in the US Bands circuit!

Here's a pic of some of the kids with their trophy, my daughter is the one holding the banner on the right with the white headband.

46043904_2006006472779526_104829375622414336_o.jpg.daef609694b84d21e3d1c3f4298ea447.jpg

She gets to go out as a senior with 3 straight national titles, and my son gets to start his marching band career with a win. The kids were all AMAZING, I had to pull an all-nighter after the show as a chaperone to patrol the hallways and the kids were great, no issues (now, some of the OTHER people staying in the hotel on the other hand...). 

ETA: Just realized my son is in the pic too He’s the goofball to the right of my daughter’s elbow, his face is pretty level with her arm.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Back home after a long, exhausting, and ultimately rewarding weekend - our kids won their third national championship in a row, scoring a 98.075, the highest score out of any marching band in the country in the US Bands circuit!

Here's a pic of some of the kids with their trophy, my daughter is the one holding the banner on the right with the white headband.

46043904_2006006472779526_104829375622414336_o.jpg

She gets to go out as a senior with 3 straight national titles, and my son gets to start his marching band career with a win. The kids were all AMAZING, I had to pull an all-nighter after the show as a chaperone to patrol the hallways and the kids were great, no issues (now, some of the OTHER people staying in the hotel on the other hand...). 

That's awesome. It's very rewarding to see your kids grow like that  - and the loss of sleep for the chaperones quickly becomes a distant memory. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

29 minutes ago, kardboard.kid said:

So I'm going to use my 1000th post to say how excited I am to be invited by my son to his Final Marine Ball this Friday.  I leave tomorrow with my wife for a few days with him and his girlfriend.   Then onto the BALL!  I even bought a Tux for the event.

Great!!  Congratulations on #1000, and have a great time!  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 11/9/2018 at 6:59 AM, TheWahoo said:

For me, college was a trade school and a party venue.   The profession I wanted required the "sheepskin" to get through the front doors.  Not all professions have that same entry requirement.  From my perspective, educated and smart are not the same thing.    During my professional life, some of the most successful and smartest people I met never stepped foot on a campus, yet, some of the dumbest people I met love to write PhD after their names.   Yes, it's good to know things, but it is more important to have the ability to apply what you know.  

God knew that I should not be allowed to reproduce, so the wife and I had no children, so we will be able to enjoy what would have been a college fund.  

I had a good friend that passed away a few years ago.  We worked and played golf together for many years.  He had a PhD in Physics from Oklahoma; very smart guy.  EVERY time when we would get to the #7 hole, a short par 3 usually into the prevailing wind, he would always come up short.  

Me:  "It's playing into the wind today."  
Rod:  "Why didn't you tell me that before I hit?"  
Me:  "You have a PhD in Physics."

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I had a good friend that passed away a few years ago.  We worked and played golf together for many years.  He had a PhD in Physics from Oklahoma; very smart guy.  EVERY time when we would get to the #7 hole, a short par 3 usually into the prevailing wind, he would always come up short.  

Me:  "It's playing into the wind today."  
Rod:  "Why didn't you tell me that before I hit?"  
Me:  "You have a PhD in Physics."

My wife had a friend that was on the PHD track.  I finally worked out with her, when I held up one finger it was a joke, and if two fingers it was a hilarious joke.  She never got them.

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

We received the insurance check last night, believe it or not...let the spending begin!

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So, I've been striking out pretty badly on the district attorney jobs around me, but today got a message that the department of social services in my county is looking for someone to start in 2019. Moving my app over there for sure and now we hope!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

So, I've been striking out pretty badly on the district attorney jobs around me, but today got a message that the department of social services in my county is looking for someone to start in 2019. Moving my app over there for sure and now we hope!

Good luck - hope you can get that job

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

11 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Good luck - hope you can get that job

Sooner or later Tony, sooner or later. They can't say no forever!

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

This is really trivial, but it made me happy. Over in the "what clubs are you looking at" thread, I mentioned my desire to pick up a Spider Tour putter. I ended up getting one on eBay for $78 shipped. It looks like it's never been played; however, it also looks like someone dropped something on top of it, scratching the paint on top in a couple of places.

My dad has spent his life in the car paint industry: I think we might be able to touch that up 🙂

But here's the happy thing: the grip still had the little "35" sticker for the length of the putter. That was not ideal: I play my putters at 34", and if anyone here has ever tried pulling a SuperStroke grip (especially ones with the weight port, where a compressor no longer helps), you know it's a pain.

And so I was pretty happy when my Spider arrived today and I found that it's barely a hair over 34". Again, this is a tiny thing, but it made me happy.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Sooner or later Tony, sooner or later. They can't say no forever!

Good luck Berg. As I learned early in my sales career. Each no, brings you one step closer to a yes!

A member of my club, Deyen Lawson, just got his card for the European Tour. He's a great young bloke and really deserves a good run at things. He finished T13 in the final stage of QSchool, with top 25 getting their card.

I guess we won't be seeing him playing off +7 in club events at Curlewis too often next year.

Especially happy for him as he's had some serious non golf related health issues over the last couple of years.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

A member of my club, Deyen Lawson, just got his card for the European Tour. He's a great young bloke and really deserves a good run at things. He finished T13 in the final stage of QSchool, with top 25 getting their card.

I guess we won't be seeing him playing off +7 in club events at Curlewis too often next year.
Especially happy for him as he's had some serious non golf related health issues over the last couple of years.
That's great, congratulations are definitely in order.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

A while back, I wrote a post about my bud's grandson's effort as a freshman member of his high school golf team and how much I enjoyed watching him play as well as his fellow young golfers.   There is a local magazine, "Eastern Shore Golf", its about 80% advertising for eastern shore businesses with local golf topics spread throughout.   The cover of the Nov/Dec issue has a group picture of the top 20 high school golfers on the Eastern Shore.  I am happy to report that my bud's grandson is in the picture, mind you that he is a freshman.    I also took pleasure that I recognized many of the other faces and names as well knowing that they are all good kids.  It was truly a pleasure to support them.

Additionally, a good friend and retired pro from a couple of the clubs in which I was a member has been inducted into the Eastern Shore Hall of Fame.  Obviously, I am happy about that as well.  Perhaps, his only failure was getting me out of a sand bunker.  

More good musical news - my daughter made senior districts this year. That’s pretty good given how many flute players audition throughout the region, and she had very little practice time due to her marching band schedule. She’s sitting second chair which she is 100% OK with. I’m very happy for her.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Congrats. What university did she pick?

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

My oldest daughter graduated from high school last week. Very proud of her. You know she's turned out ok when people you've never met come up to you and tell you how she's had a positive impact on them.

Hoping her exam results are what she's looking for, and she continues to grow as a person.

Also hoping we can get a few rounds in over summer before she goes off to university.

IMG_1840.JPG.762e53c7ade13df2c09c2ecfff4f5990.JPG

IMG_1389.thumb.JPG.7a524ba82358b2ea38439ffa15e53963.JPG

Congratulations!!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Congrats. What university did she pick?

She's most interested in Monash University, in Melbourne, but also looking at University of Melbourne.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

13 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

My oldest daughter graduated from high school last week.

Congratulations mate. My youngest daughter graduated as well...now the wait for her HSC results.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

She's most interested in Monash University, in Melbourne, but also looking at University of Melbourne.

One of my daughters went to U of Wollongong for a year about 25 years ago. Absolutely loved Australia, country and the people.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

One of my daughters went to U of Wollongong for a year about 25 years ago. Absolutely loved Australia, country and the people.

I think they make these names up to mess with us westerners 😉 

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

8 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

The name "Wollongong" is believed to mean "seas of the South" in the local Aboriginal language, referring to NSW's Southern Coast.

There's also Woolloomooloo...🤣

In the bag:

Bag: 

There's also Woolloomooloo...🤣

Now your messin with us

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, perseveringgolfer said:

How about Tangambalanga, Yackandandah,Wangaratta and Wodonga. They all sound normal to me as I grew up in one of them, and the others were all nearby.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"