TESTERS WANTED! ×

Happy thread

TSauer

Just now, Peaksy68 said:

My state just recorded 14 days without any new Covid cases or deaths. Testing is still occurring in high numbers so we may be in a really good position coming into summer.

Did you guys do a more stringent quarantine process?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Did you guys do a more stringent quarantine process?

We had Melbourne locked down pretty tight, no retail other than food, only allowed out for a few reasons, overnight curfew and limited to 5km from home. We haven't had international returns for a few months. Mandatory mask wearing, no sport. Certainly a tough few months but we're coming out pretty strong. Thankfully acceptance of the rules was widespread, people weren't happy with it, but realised it was worth it.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

1 hour ago, Peaksy68 said:

We had Melbourne locked down pretty tight, no retail other than food, only allowed out for a few reasons, overnight curfew and limited to 5km from home. We haven't had international returns for a few months. Mandatory mask wearing, no sport. Certainly a tough few months but we're coming out pretty strong. Thankfully acceptance of the rules was widespread, people weren't happy with it, but realised it was worth it.

Must be nice to have people follow directions, and actually have a plan.

Glad you are all doing well, hopefully the rest of the world can learn some lessons from the zero cases in 14 day places... I know we won’t here though, do it our own way.

3 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Must be nice to have people follow directions, and actually have a plan.

Glad you are all doing well, hopefully the rest of the world can learn some lessons from the zero cases in 14 day places... I know we won’t here though, do it our own way.

same here will never happen. Really wish the beginning was just a stay in place except hospitals and grocery. Would be pretty much past this insanity.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

This could be posted in the got problems thread or the random thread but in the end the result will be happy so it is here.

We are buying a new house, well at least that's the plan, inventory here is terrible. But that means moving and having to sell current house which is a nightmare. 

All in all though we will be buying one that will have a room for me, which means I get a golf sim room! And for that I am ecstatic. 

Good luck! How’s the market overall for you? Have not looked in a while. Wife is a part time realtor and hasn’t been involved in a house in a couple Months so have not been following.

what size room ya thinking?

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Good luck! How’s the market overall for you? Have not looked in a while. Wife is a part time realtor and hasn’t been involved in a house in a couple Months so have not been following.

what size room ya thinking?

1000% a sellers market. For example we looked at a house on Sunday, house went on market 2 days before. 25 showings over weekend and 4 offers come Monday morning.

One that we are serious about has a game room that is 18x14 (I think). 

My wife and family are awesome as it is very difficult to find a room big enough with ceilings tall enough. Most everything with extra space is on 2nd level of homes and 9' ceilings just won't cut it. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

same here will never happen. Really wish the beginning was just a stay in place except hospitals and grocery. Would be pretty much past this insanity.

The stay in place order back at the beginning of the pandemic worked well here in WA state. And WA state continued to do well for a while because people were generally following precautions. But then in October, i guess people forgot how to take proper precautions and now we have huge spikes again. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

7 minutes ago, THEZIPR23 said:

1000% a sellers market. For example we looked at a house on Sunday, house went on market 2 days before. 25 showings over weekend and 4 offers come Monday morning.

My wife and family are awesome as it is very difficult to find a room big enough with ceilings tall enough. Most everything with extra space is on 2nd level of homes and 9' ceilings just won't cut it. 

Same here, and I'm willing to bet it's that way in most of the coastal states on the mainland. With the current interest rates people with money are just scooping houses up left and right. Median time on market in Honolulu is just 21 days, crazy!

We're in the same boat and looking to sell as well, and hopefully move "up" to a house from our condo. Going to move back into my mom's house over the next 2 weeks so we can sell the condo and use that money to hopefully find something a little bigger. The problem with that is, median prices are $880k, and you might think that is a nice house at that price, but it's likely a tear-down or something built in the 70s that needs major renovations. Sometimes I contemplate moving somewhere cheaper but then I saw this when I dropped some mail in the box this morning and dismiss those thoughts quickly

CEB4D976-BEA0-412C-938D-9A84961896AD.jpeg.779fb65f854113f03037ba1ceae7486b.jpeg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

Same here, and I'm willing to bet it's that way in most of the coastal states on the mainland. With the current interest rates people with money are just scooping houses up left and right. Median time on market in Honolulu is just 21 days, crazy!

We're in the same boat and looking to sell as well, and hopefully move "up" to a house from our condo. Going to move back into my mom's house over the next 2 weeks so we can sell the condo and use that money to hopefully find something a little bigger. The problem with that is, median prices are $880k, and you might think that is a nice house at that price, but it's likely a tear-down or something built in the 70s that needs major renovations. Sometimes I contemplate moving somewhere cheaper but then I saw this when I dropped some mail in the box this morning and dismiss those thoughts quickly

Jease! We aren’t that high but anything halfway decent (and we are far west of the city) is 350+ easy. You start getting east of us double it. Just crazy.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 minute ago, yungkory said:

And I'm over here freaking out about 575k. 

Actually what I have heard is it is way worse in the rural states. Montana for example has people flocking to it. Either way it is a great time to sell but then you have to have a place to hang your clubs also. And living with my parents or in laws for a period of time sounds about as enticing as a 4 putt.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Jease! We aren’t that high but anything halfway decent (and we are far west of the city) is 350+ easy. You start getting east of us double it. Just crazy.

Yeah, that's why a lot of people here flock to places like Vegas where $400-500k buys you a small mansion. That will get you a studio in downtown Honolulu. That's the price you pay for paradise!

1 minute ago, THEZIPR23 said:

And I'm over here freaking out about 575k. 

Actually what I have heard is it is way worse in the rural states. Montana for example has people flocking to it. Either way it is a great time to sell but then you have to have a place to hang your clubs also. And living with my parents or in laws for a period of time sounds about as enticing as a 4 putt.

To put things into perspective, we're looking to get around $520k for our 3br/2ba 920-sq ft condo built in 2012. There's zero, and I mean ZERO chance, that we afford anything without the help of our parents back when we bought this. It's pretty common for people my age to still be living at home until they can afford to put a down on a house. We got lucky to buy this condo new, and my in-laws gave us a pretty hefty amount of money for the down -- I'm really blessed. I think most people spend upwards of 60% of their salary on housing costs in Hawaii -- it's wild. We're hoping to get lucky with the timing and buy a new development in central Oahu where the 3br/2ba are starting at $900k for 1328 sq ft of home. The lot sizes can't be much more than 4000 sq ft. in total.

I have a pretty great relationship with my mom since I'm a momma's boy and she was a single mother. She lives alone in a 4br house so there's plenty of room to avoid each other if necessary, and the wife gets along with her as well. Bonus is that she has the dogs so we'll have some furbabies to keep us company now.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

14 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

My state just recorded 14 days without any new Covid cases or deaths. Testing is still occurring in high numbers so we may be in a really good position coming into summer.

I wish I could have gotten back home this coming February for my brother and I's 50th, but that is off the table. Listening to ScoMo, I doubt we'll get back next year at all unless they lift the mandatory quarantine for all arrivals...and the airlines pull their head out of their arse and stop charging $4-8K per person for a flight.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

14 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

Talk about crazy - we listed our house in 2019 and with just a handful of showings we decided to take it off the market for the winter. Put it back on the market - late spring 2020, house sold in one afternoon for almost the full price at 850K. cash, no contingencies. Purchased by a 30 year old with 4 kids  Great news! Bad news we had to find another place in a tight market and move within 3 weeks. Fortunately we were able to find a great condo that hadn't even hit MLS in Ohio plus one down here in FL. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 2 weeks later...

My state just logged 24 days with no new COVID cases. Testing rates are still high. Restrictions are being eased tomorrow, no masks required outdoors except in crowded conditions and more people allowed to visit at home. A really amazing outcome.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

4 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

My state just logged 24 days with no new COVID cases. Testing rates are still high. Restrictions are being eased tomorrow, no masks required outdoors except in crowded conditions and more people allowed to visit at home. A really amazing outcome.

Australia did a nice turnaround. Now if only they'd lift the 14 day quarantine so we could get back home next year...

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

30 minutes ago, MattF said:

Australia did a nice turnaround. Now if only they'd lift the 14 day quarantine so we could get back home next year...

I'm with you on that - would love to visit my daughter and SIL in Hobart. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

8 hours ago, MattF said:

I don't see the 14 day quarantine being lifted any time soon. Unfortunately, one of the key pillars of our ability to pretty much shut covid down has been the quarantine. It's not ideal, but it's been very effective.

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

6 minutes ago, Shankster said:

A little over 3 weeks till I get a break from classes.  I am burnt out.  Got a C on a paper for the first time... I need a break!

Cs get degrees I always say! Struggles real keep on keepin on

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Lacassem said:

Cs get degrees I always say! Struggles real keep on keepin on

True.  I guess I need to be humbled.  Been rocking a 4.0 for quite some time... the class is part of my major, I wouldn’t care so much if it was a general education class, but to drop the ball on what I am going to college for is a bit frustrating... and all my fault, although I did read the instructions 5-6 times to make sure I did it correctly... guess not.

14 hours ago, Peaksy68 said:

I don't see the 14 day quarantine being lifted any time soon. Unfortunately, one of the key pillars of our ability to pretty much shut covid down has been the quarantine. It's not ideal, but it's been very effective.

I know, just wishful thinking. Our 50th is out for next year, so we're thinking Summer 2022.

In the bag:

Bag: 

Heading out tomorrow at 8:50 for 18-27 holes depending on the weather.  Should be in then low to mid 50’s.  Can’t wait.  

Have fun - play well

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

My state has just recorded 28 days with no new covid cases. No active cases.  Technically it means we have eradicated the virus here,but precautions are still in place, although they are being eased over time

MLA Tour Mallet 33"

5 minutes ago, bens197 said:

Found and cut down our tree today. There is something extremely therapeutic about Xmas lights. 

2DFDEABE-E40F-4D10-83A8-7616E8D6037D.jpeg

Nice! Can’t beat the smell of a fresh tree!

love the lights. Turn the lights off and turn those bad boys on, I pass out in 10 tops

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

17 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Nice! Can’t beat the smell of a fresh tree!

love the lights. Turn the lights off and turn those bad boys on, I pass out in 10 tops

Thx man. Me too...it’s magic. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/