TESTERS WANTED! ×

Happy thread

TSauer

15 minutes ago, Shankster said:

@Lacassem I can almost see the future… 😳😂

Pulled drive, chipped out 5 iron, duffed 7 iron, mediocre 54°, 2 putt…  pretty darn close.  I’m never “calling” a hole again.  Actually, maybe I’ll call some HOI’s on ALL of the par 3’s.

876EDD22-EF89-49F6-8D69-320E4DF2422B.png

Sounds deliberate to me! We didn't even wager a bet!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

1 hour ago, dlow206 said:

Thanks. It's just a small side gig. 

A lot of Big Successful businesses stared as a sideline/hobby!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

39 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Great day today! My son, about to start his Senior year of HS, and I will be taking a road-trip to Atlanta (8 hours) today to see a concert over there tomorrow night. I’m really looking forward to spending some quality time with him, and to be there with him when he sees his first concert! 

I got to go to my first real concert with my dad (B.B. King in Spartanburg) when I was in high school and we still talk about it to this day!  Great memories indeed. I hope y’all have a great trip!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

26 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Heading out for a little “Whack Chuck” with some dudes from work in a while.  Sound be a good time.  @Lacassem I am calling a HOI today. 9 iron, dunked… it almost worked last time.

Dude add an albatross, 3W from 267!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Dude add an albatross, 3W from 267!

I’ll add a tross, but from 220, 3 iron, flagstick on the fly… without the backboard it was thinned and going in the junk.  

Edit:  I can’t hit the 3 wood off the deck to save my life… maybe it could happen just once.

16 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Great day today! My son, about to start his Senior year of HS, and I will be taking a road-trip to Atlanta (8 hours) today to see a concert over there tomorrow night. I’m really looking forward to spending some quality time with him, and to be there with him when he sees his first concert! 

That's awesome. I still vividly remember the first concert my dad brought me to (Van Halen on the 5150 tour with BTO opening), hopefully you and your some make some fantastic memories on this trip.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

My 58° SM6 showed up today.  I realized how one trick pony the K grind is… with the M grind on the 54° I can open it up flat and not a smidge of leading edge is exposed.  K grind… all of the leading edge is exposed and half of the sole.

So, I have a dilemma.  I use the 54 for flops as needed, the 58° is for square faced shots only.

I like having the Pontoon sole on the K grind in the rough around here, and even when the Bermuda fairway gets snarly.  Glides right through it.  The WS Ping did well here too.

I’ll have 3 wedges in the bag for the rest of the summer, 48°, 54°, 58°.

Now, I just have to build the set up for the 4 wedge bag.  48°, 52°, 56°, 60°

The M grind is becoming my favorite club of all time.  It’s amazing, I should definitely get the M grind 52° before Vokey stops making them.

On 8/12/2021 at 11:31 AM, dlow206 said:

Small online equipment business. Have a dealer account with LAB golf and have dealer accounts with some distributors so i have access to sell most major brand shafts as well. 

Small for now, we do hope a lot of success and growth with your business Derrick.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

Fairway Jockey (now part of True Spec) just emailed me to let me know the ZX5's are on their way back. They received them last Friday morning. I had asked them if they would provide me the "as received" and "after adjustment" measurements; and they did.  Part of my want for this was to compare my newly acquired SW scale against what I'm sure are top quality/calibrated scales.  The numbers were within 1/10th's of what my scale showed 👍.  Even better, they were able to get them to close to the D2 spec w/o adding more than 6g to any club. 👍👍

image.png.82fca8d5c6f6e34818622507e7739bd4.png

image.png.3377dd8349c6865f23a10d8597d0fe24.png

Chomping at the bit to get them back into play 🙂.

How come the swingweight was in the C range before? And what shafts do you have in there again?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

10 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Small for now, we do hope a lot of success and growth with your business Derrick.

Thanks man. Hopefully it grows, but will always want to keep it relatively small, still will always have my day job. 

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

How come the swingweight was in the C range before? And what shafts do you have in there again?

I chose the GP Align Midsize and they just flat out missed the D2-D3 in my build specs.  Shafts are MMT 80R +1/2".  In a way, I'm actually glad they missed the D2-D3 on the TrueSpec sheet because they would have likely added more weight.  A couple of our build savvy spies warned me not to exceed 6g (in the hosel) so as not to start negatively affecting VCOG and other basic head design attributes.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Just now, fixyurdivot said:

I chose the GP Align Midsize and they just flat out missed the D2-D3 in my build specs.  Shafts are MMT 80R +1/2".  In a way, I'm actually glad they missed the D2-D3 on the TrueSpec sheet because they would have likely added more weight.  A couple of our build savvy spies warned me not to exceed 6g (in the hosel) so as not to start negatively affecting VCOG and other basic head design attributes.

Many folks say not to worry much about the impact of grip weight as it relates to swingweight and actually measure swingweight with a test grip that weighs 50 grams. Did the clubs feel too light in the head during the swing or were you concerned about what you saw on the scale?

Updated 07/15/2022

13 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Many folks say not to worry much about the impact of grip weight as it relates to swingweight and actually measure swingweight with a test grip that weighs 50 grams. Did the clubs feel too light in the head during the swing or were you concerned about what you saw on the scale?

Yes, I noted they felt a wee bit light straight away; particularly the long irons.  I thought about just playing through it and get use to them but, having come from the G410's w/ steel shafts in the D2 to D4, didn't think that was the best plan forward.  I really like the midsize grips and should have been playing those long before.  

Not sure maybe this belongs somewhere else.  But today, we have the kids open house for school.  Not that I want them to leave, but it marks the beginning of fall, football season, fall golf… chili time, PANTS and hoodies.

Must be a northerner thing.  I really don’t like shorts.  

20 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Must be because I really don't like pants but have to wear wear them here because I also don't like being cold.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Not sure maybe this belongs somewhere else.  But today, we have the kids open house for school.  Not that I want them to leave, but it marks the beginning of fall, football season, fall golf… chili time, PANTS and hoodies.

Crock pots 🤤

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Hoodies WITH shorts in early fall / spring is the premier season 🙂

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

17 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Instapot man… much quicker, I’m impatient.

I do like the crock pot though, marks of fall.

is fall not the best time of year?   

If I could have 6 months of fall and 6 months of summer I would be a happy man

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

18 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Instapot man… much quicker, I’m impatient.

I do like the crock pot though, marks of fall.

is fall not the best time of year?   

I dig fall, and love the smell of a good stew or soup in the crock pot when I get home.

The smell of onions on my hands all day at work from prepping said stew or soup in the morning... eh, don't love that so much.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

10 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

I dig fall, and love the smell of a good stew or soup in the crock pot when I get home.

The smell of onions on my hands all day at work from prepping said stew or soup in the morning... eh, don't love that so much.

Crock pots are the best kitchen invention ever.  We cook dinner in them at least 3x/week.  They make a less than tender cut of chicken, pork or beef good and great cut even better.