Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
TSauer

Happy thread

Do they understand you'll be a permanent fixture in one of the bays?

As an officer of the company it is just understood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Lowes just dropped off my new fence and dishwasher. I'm going to try and install the dishwasher this arvo before we go to the in-laws.

• Like 4

Figured you guys would get a kick out of this. Kirke was playing Wii bowling at parents' house, and found that his golf swing worked perfectly:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I'm happy I have 14 hours left of this 48 hour long shift

How do you all work out the sleep schedule?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

How do you all work out the sleep schedule?

Sleep schedule?? I am allowed to sleep at work so the first 24 hours wasn't super busy as it was christmas. The first 10 of the second 24 I slept for about 5 hours and then I got about 3 hours of very broken sleep last night. I would say that in the 48 hours I slept about 14 hours of sleep, most of which was broken and most I got at a time was 3 hours. Tonight I will sleep A LOT

• Like 2

Sleep schedule?? I am allowed to sleep at work so the first 24 hours wasn't super busy as it was christmas. The first 10 of the second 24 I slept for about 5 hours and then I got about 3 hours of very broken sleep last night. I would say that in the 48 hours I slept about 14 hours of sleep, most of which was broken and most I got at a time was 3 hours. Tonight I will sleep A LOT

Wow. That’s as a fireman, correct?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Wow. That’s as a fireman, correct?

yea 38 hours on the ambulance and 10 on the engine

• Like 3

Won my fantasy football league! We play daily fantasy style where we draft every week. The drama and high blood pressure were in full effect this year. $700, time to go shopping 😎

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MattF said:

Finished putting up the new fence yesterday, only have the gates to go.

You had great weather to do that. Normally this time of year it's very cold and a high probability that there's snow on the ground. 

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

You had great weather to do that. Normally this time of year it's very cold and a high probability that there's snow on the ground. 

For sure. Today it'll be near 60° but rain, so when I get home from the basketball I'm taking over the garage to build the gates.

5 minutes ago, MattF said:

For sure. Today it'll be near 60° but rain, so when I get home from the basketball I'm taking over the garage to build the gates.

60*? Lucky you! Going to be max 52* here with rain - but also high winds (15-25 with sustained gusts to 50 mph). 

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 8:38 AM, tony@CIC said:

60*? Lucky you! Going to be max 52* here with rain - but also high winds (15-25 with sustained gusts to 50 mph). 

Well, that 60 turned out to be at about 11pm, so I never saw it. The wind was wild here too, almost kept me from falling asleep at 10.30.

• Like 2

I learned our next door neighbor's oldest son is now cancer free! He had to take a semester off of his junior year of college to fight it, and fight it he did with some treatments up in Boston. He's headed back to college and I couldn't be happier for him and his family. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Have a lot going on and some good and fun news to share. With work still bring busy but more with larger trips away and when I'm home less time working I went to try and look for some enjoyable part time work to keep me busy and help pay the this golfing obsession. Ended up working out that the local golf shop was looking for someone at the same time and I start when I get back from NZ in a few weeks!

Can't wait to get started and learn more about the equipment side of the industry as well as fittings and everything else. 

It's a great shop locally owned and operated for a number of years now and is still very successful despite having golf town and sport check stores offering golf products. They have incredible customer service and the only draw back I can see is wanting to buy absolutely everything there all the time! Haha

• Like 4

Have a lot going on and some good and fun news to share. With work still bring busy but more with larger trips away and when I'm home less time working I went to try and look for some enjoyable part time work to keep me busy and help pay the this golfing obsession. Ended up working out that the local golf shop was looking for someone at the same time and I start when I get back from NZ in a few weeks!
Can't wait to get started and learn more about the equipment side of the industry as well as fittings and everything else. 
It's a great shop locally owned and operated for a number of years now and is still very successful despite having golf town and sport check stores offering golf products. They have incredible customer service and the only draw back I can see is wanting to buy absolutely everything there all the time! Haha

Hopefully they'll give you a big employee discount

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Hopefully they'll give you a big employee discount

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

First order of business is getting my father in-law set up with a new set of irons...and talk him into a hybrid.

• Like 1

So today my wife sends me a text after looking though my son's school work.  As part of his creative writing class he had to write a retirement speech.  Insights into a 12 year olds mind that made me chuckle a bit...

He retired after a career as a marine biologist after spending his grad school years caddying for his father on the PGA Tour Champions.  He discovered a shark and named it Cabinet Mouth because it opens and closes like a cabinet.  He married a woman named Kate that he met in Philly when he went for Nick Foles Street dedication.  Less than a year after marriage they had a little girl, and a year later they had triplets. Two boys and a girl...the boys were Rocco and Jamie.

Obviously he is a huge Eagles fan and more importantly is a Nick Foles fan that dates back to his first stint with the Eagles.  I at least have a grandkid named after me and with an Italian family we were bound to have at least one grandchild named Rocco.  As a bonus apparently I decided to forgo this executive thing and play some pro golf, in his mind I am better than I actually am.  

Made my day after a brutal work day in the office and gave me a few laughs.

• Like 6