Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
TSauer

Happy thread

So today my wife sends me a text after looking though my son's school work.  As part of his creative writing class he had to write a retirement speech.  Insights into a 12 year olds mind that made me chuckle a bit...
He retired after a career as a marine biologist after spending his grad school years caddying for his father on the PGA Tour Champions.  He discovered a shark and named it Cabinet Mouth because it opens and closes like a cabinet.  He married a woman named Kate that he met in Philly when he went for Nick Foles Street dedication.  Less than a year after marriage they had a little girl, and a year later they had triplets. Two boys and a girl...the boys were Rocco and Jamie.
Obviously he is a huge Eagles fan and more importantly is a Nick Foles fan that dates back to his first stint with the Eagles.  I at least have a grandkid named after me and with an Italian family we were bound to have at least one grandchild named Rocco.  As a bonus apparently I decided to forgo this executive thing and play some pro golf, in his mind I am better than I actually am.  
Made my day after a brutal work day in the office and gave me a few laughs.

So awesome! That’s a “write it down somewhere for years to come” kind of thing. It would be great to read it at his wedding... To Kate, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Love 1

So awesome! That’s a “write it down somewhere for years to come” kind of thing. It would be great to read it at his wedding... To Kate, of course.

I have already been told by SWMBO that I can’t torture him with this...ever. Unfortunately for her I never listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Love 2

I'm happy I'm not as blind as I could be, +1.25 cheaters have been ordered. I have 20/20 for long distance vision.

My first day of bat training was a success. I found hanging upside down for a couple of minutes relaxing.

• Like 1

My longtime friend who lives in Kentucky, and is a PGA Pro, just texted me this. One of his students is a female golfer at Illinois and she got invited to the first EVER Augusta National Women’s Amateur tourney! He gets to go as her instructor!!! So dang cool!!!

IMG_7668.thumb.jpg.f4f061a778ab58e828fa3af8c8284f76.jpg

• Like 9

Just checked my trending Handicap for the next revision, via The Grint... trending to a 15!!!! So freaking stoked about it! I’ve been grinding HARD for the last year. Start with a new coach tomorrow to try and get that down even further for 2019! IMG_1146.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Just checked my trending Handicap for the next revision, via The Grint... trending to a 15!!!! So freaking stoked about it! I’ve been grinding HARD for the last year. Start with a new coach tomorrow to try and get that down even further for 2019! IMG_1146.JPG

Nice.  I wish I could say that.  I'd be stoked, too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MattF said:

Connors report card came in and he's now a straight A student, 3.97GPA, whatever that means.

That means you should be a very proud parent! 

• Like 3

That feeling when you're in a store and you see the sticks in your bag still selling for over a grand, and you know yours were free because you're part of the greatest golf site ever (before I was ever a moderator!):

IMG_20190110_174209.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, MattF said:

Connors report card came in and he's now a straight A student, 3.97GPA, whatever that means.

As was said, it means be proud of your son.   GPAs are really confusing now with all the weighting.   Kids take DE, AP, honors, and regular classes with each having a different weight,  the 1-4 scale of my youth is now a 1-5+ rating now with GPAs being reported as weighted and unweighted numbers.  Like you,  I am just proud of my daughter

• Like 2

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

As was said, it means be proud of your son.   GPAs are really confusing now with all the weighting.   Kids take DE, AP, honors, and regular classes with each having a different weight,  the 1-4 scale of my youth is now a 1-5+ rating now with GPAs being reported as weighted and unweighted numbers.  Like you,  I am just proud of my daughter

You could have stopped there for me, we don't have GPAs in Australia and I really have no clue what it's all about. Just give me an A, B, C etc or % and I'll be fine.

23 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

That means you should be a very proud parent! 

Believe me, I am.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattF said:

You could have stopped there for me, we don't have GPAs in Australia and I really have no clue what it's all about. Just give me an A, B, C etc or % and I'll be fine.

It is simply converting a letter grade to a number to be able to do a better job of assessing where a student really is.    adding to the difficulty is there isn't a consistent grading scale across schools.  For example, some schools consider an A a score between 90-100%; while others may consider it a score between 95-100.  

• Like 1

Had an MRI of my shoulder today. Good news is that there is nothing that will need surgery, doesn't mean it isn't agonising, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Next stage is probably a cortisone injection which should get things settled quickly.

Hopefully I  will be back on the course in the near future. The timing has been atrocious, by Wednesday my new bag will be complete, with only my putter remaining.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Had a great day hunting quail yesterday with my friend. Our dogs are some of the best in the country and it showed with how many birds we found even found some in areas others hunted before us. Now I get to look forward to quail for a few meals.

• Like 3

On 1/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

That seems like it's some pretty good consistency, too. Do you feel like you've eliminated the big numbers? I'm still good for 1 or 2 huge numbers per round.

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

That seems like it's some pretty good consistency, too. Do you feel like you've eliminated the big numbers? I'm still good for 1 or 2 huge numbers per round.

Definitely have a couple blowup holes. Example was yesterday's 18 I had two Doubles and one Triple. I've definitely been better at limiting those. They typically occur when I overthink my tee shot and duck hook. Then its a lot of makeup shots from there.

• Like 1