AGENT NAME: PLANO

• Members

• 2,899 posts
  • LocationJim Thorpe, pa
  • Handicap:25

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

Step One: Find a girl willing to lower her standards

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

That's some low standards to deal with a paramedic lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#32 MattF

MattF

• Members

• 2,719 posts
  • LocationTallmadge, OH
  • Handicap:16

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

I shot myself in the foot standards wise...I'm now just a disappointment. :rolleyes:

In the bag:

:mizuno-small:JPX-EZ Driver 11.5°U Fujikura SIX XLR8 S flex

:mizuno-small:JPX-EX 3 wood 16.5°U Fujikura SIX XLR8 S flex

:mizuno-small:JPE-EZ 5 wood 19°U Fulikura SIX XLR8 S flex
21° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
23° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
25° Maltby KE4 HDI Hybrid UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
Irons: Maltby 6-9 DBM Forged UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
Wedges: SCOR 46°, 50°, 54° Nippon Pro

:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Putter: Yes! Tracy
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130
Balls: Snell MTB

Throw me another ball, will ya?

As American as apple pie, but still as Aussie as a meat pie!

#33 GolfSpy Rob

GolfSpy Rob

AGENT NAME: FAIRHAVEN

• Members

• 5,645 posts
  • LocationDC Metro
  • Handicap:17

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:18 PM

The rain held off enough to make the hike to one of the best views in the Ozarks. 10/10, would recommend.

attachicon.gifIMG_0223.JPG

That's a phenomenal view...and picture.  How was it taken, by drone?  or someone else in your party. Either way, incredible. 

:ping-small: 400 Max Hzrdus yellow 5.5      :titelist-small: 917 F2 18* Diamana Blue 65g       :taylormade-small:  P790 5-P Recoil F3     :titelist-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.12  :cameron-small: X7M   OnCore ELIXR 

#34 TSauer

TSauer

• Members

• 2,094 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:46 PM

That's a phenomenal view...and picture. How was it taken, by drone? or someone else in your party. Either way, incredible.

My gf actually took the picture. She hiked back a little ways where there was a slight opening. The view was absolutely stunning! The Ozarks are very underrated and I wish you could see it through my eyes, the picture doesn’t even do it justice.

In my Ogio Nimbus bag

Driver :cobra-small:  King F7+

Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small:  XR 3W

Hybrid:  :nike-small:  Vapor Flex 4H

Irons:  :ping-small:  i200 (4-PW)

Wedges:  :callaway-small:  MD3 52/56/60

Putter:   :ping-small:  Sigma G Anser

#35 TheWahoo

TheWahoo

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • LocationAnnapolis, MD
  • Handicap:18

Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

Nah, I have done a great job of setting the bar low for my wife’s expectations of me :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success,  I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model.  This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario.   Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points.  Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later.  However, two factors must be considered.   First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life.  So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date.  Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her.   While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course.  Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.  

#36 Kenny B

Kenny B

AGENT NAME: PHOENIX

• Members

• 9,673 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA
  • Handicap:9.0

Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success,  I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model.  This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario.   Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points.  Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later.  However, two factors must be considered.   First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life.  So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date.  Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her.   While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course.  Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.  

In my case that means my wife and I head to the golf course.  If we are not on the golf course for our anniversary, then neither of us are happy.  We met on the golf course, I proposed on the 1st tee, and we got married on the 1st tee; said I DO and turned around and teed off.  Everyone played until we dropped.  

#37 Jmikecpa

Jmikecpa

AGENT NAME: FT.WORTH

• Members
  • 4,375 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Handicap:0.5

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success, I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model. This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario. Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points. Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later. However, two factors must be considered. First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life. So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date. Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her. While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course. Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.

Solid logic. I used your Ravens example for my country club. Beach club for her and golf for me. I often get told I am not playing enough golf. That is the gift that keeps on giving.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In the Bag

:titelist-small: 917 D3 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 05

:titelist-small: 917 F2 15* Oban Devotion 75 06

:titelist-small: 818 H2 19* Tensei Pro White 90x

:titelist-small: 712u 3 Fujikura Pro 95x

:titelist-small: 716 TMB 4 - PW TTDG AMT S300

:titelist-small: SM6 52* (F) & 58* (K) TTDG S300

:cameron-small: Futura X 34"

#38 yungkory

yungkory

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members

• 1,548 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, HI
  • Handicap:11

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:05 PM

This makes me so happy to see

https://www.instagra.../p/BZ9Y8cil-sE/

Sent from my Pixel XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app
Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9* KuroKage Silver TiNi 60S
3w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S
3i: :mizuno-small: MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi NS Pro Modus3 105 S
Irons 4-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour NS Pro Modus3 105 S
Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy Forged 52.10, 56.10 & 60.08
Putter: Evnroll ER2 355g @ 33"
Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

#39 chisag

chisag

TOP-SECRET AGENT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 posts
  • LocationChicago Suburbs
  • Handicap:+1

Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:18 PM

In my case that means my wife and I head to the golf course.  If we are not on the golf course for our anniversary, then neither of us are happy.  We met on the golf course, I proposed on the 1st tee, and we got married on the 1st tee; said I DO and turned around and teed off.  Everyone played until we dropped.  

... That might be the most romantic thing I have ever read. Sure there are those that think romance is flowers, dancing, an extravagant dinner, jewelry, etc. But when both parties are on the same page about golf and marriage I cannot find the words to describe just how impressive that is. You Da Man and Woman! 

Driver:   Cobra F8/F8+ ... Even Flow Blue 65s

Fw wood: Cobra F8 15* ... Even Flow Blue 75s

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 21.5* Altus 85hys 

Utility:  Exotics CBX Iron Wood 17* ... HZRDUS Black 85 Hys

Irons:  4-pw TaylorMade P790 Recoil Prototype 95's

Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s

Putter:  Bobby Grace 6330 at 33.25"

Ball:  TaylorMade TP5x

#40 Kenny B

Kenny B

• Members

• 9,673 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:50 AM

... That might be the most romantic thing I have ever read. Sure there are those that think romance is flowers, dancing, an extravagant dinner, jewelry, etc. But when both parties are on the same page about golf and marriage I cannot find the words to describe just how impressive that is. You Da Man and Woman! 

It really is, but we do have our differences on the course.  OK, I'm an engineer... retired.  My wife is an artist... photography, but she will disagree.  She says she is a lab rat.  What works for me, doesn't seem to work for her, and there is no way I can do some of the things she does!  But we both like to play, and our vacations are planned based on courses to play and certainly the weather.  Two weeks in Palm Springs in January coming up.

#41 Kenny B

Kenny B

• Members

• 9,673 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:52 AM

I could have started this post in the Rant Thread, but it has a happy ending... no, not that kind!

I flew to Phoenix today.  I got up at 3:30am to catch a 5:45am flight to Seattle on Delta.  The flight crew boarded at 5am.  I scored an upgrade to First Class.  When I boarded and took my seat, the flight attendant asked if I would like anything to drink besides the complimentary bottle of water.  

I said, "SURE!  I'd love a cup of coffee."  

She said, "Oh, I'm not sure that it's working."  

SAY WHAT?  It's 5am and you didn't put the coffee on??  You didn't even check??  (That was my Inside Voice, but sometimes my Inside Voice gets Outside.)  Thankfully, it didn't this time.  It's only a 45 min flight, but I still wanted coffee... none came.

Changed planes in Seattle; short layover, had to hustle through the airport.  Again in First Class I board the plane and the same flight attendant was at the door of the plane.  I take my 3C seat, and before she started through First Class asking what people wanted, she brought me a cup of coffee!!!  I didn't even have to ask.  

The best part of the trip was my clubs arrived in Phoenix intact in my Club Glove bag.  I am staying at the Legacy Golf Resort, but I arrived before noon and my room wasn't ready yet, so I had a nice lunch and spent a couple of hours chipping and putting on Bermuda grass.  Whoa!! It's fast!!

#42 tony@CIC

tony@CIC

AGENT NAME: HUNTINGTON

• Members

• 3,728 posts
  • LocationCatawba Island, Ohio
  • Handicap:24

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:30 AM

Nice!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small:  G20 Driver 12* 

:ping-small:  G400 Crossover 3 iron

:ping-small:  G30  Hybrids 19*, 22*, 26*

:ping-small:  G20 Irons 6-PW

:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*, 60*

:ping-small: Scottsdale putter

#43 Canucklehead

Canucklehead

GRANDMASTER SPY

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB
  • Handicap:15

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:06 PM

I could have started this post in the Rant Thread, but it has a happy ending... no, not that kind!

I flew to Phoenix today. I got up at 3:30am to catch a 5:45am flight to Seattle on Delta. The flight crew boarded at 5am. I scored an upgrade to First Class. When I boarded and took my seat, the flight attendant asked if I would like anything to drink besides the complimentary bottle of water.

I said, "SURE! I'd love a cup of coffee."
She said, "Oh, I'm not sure that it's working."

SAY WHAT? It's 5am and you didn't put the coffee on?? You didn't even check?? (That was my Inside Voice, but sometimes my Inside Voice gets Outside.) Thankfully, it didn't this time. It's only a 45 min flight, but I still wanted coffee... none came.

Changed planes in Seattle; short layover, had to hustle through the airport. Again in First Class I board the plane and the same flight attendant was at the door of the plane. I take my 3C seat, and before she started through First Class asking what people wanted, she brought me a cup of coffee!!! I didn't even have to ask.

The best part of the trip was my clubs arrived in Phoenix intact in my Club Glove bag. I am staying at the Legacy Golf Resort, but I arrived before noon and my room wasn't ready yet, so I had a nice lunch and spent a couple of hours chipping and putting on Bermuda grass. Whoa!! It's fast!!

Now that's good customer service! Enjoy the trip

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

#44 Jmikecpa

Jmikecpa

AGENT NAME: FT.WORTH

• Members
  • 4,375 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY
  • Handicap:0.5

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

Got home from the club yesterday and found out my youngest got selected to be a student ambassador for her school. They chose two out of the entire school and she was one of them. Not bad for a six year old

In the Bag

:titelist-small: 917 D3 9.5* Oban Kiyoshi Black 65 05

:titelist-small: 917 F2 15* Oban Devotion 75 06

:titelist-small: 818 H2 19* Tensei Pro White 90x

:titelist-small: 712u 3 Fujikura Pro 95x

:titelist-small: 716 TMB 4 - PW TTDG AMT S300

:titelist-small: SM6 52* (F) & 58* (K) TTDG S300

:cameron-small: Futura X 34"

#45 Kenny B

Kenny B

• Members

• 9,673 posts
  • LocationKennewick, WA

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

Got home from the club yesterday and found out my youngest got selected to be a student ambassador for her school. They chose two out of the entire school and she was one of them. Not bad for a six year old

Congratulations!  What a great experience that both of you will share for a lifetime!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Ahrefs (1)

Sponsors

Our Sponsors

Latest Status Updates

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      13 Jul
    tlesirge

Retired and now loving my golf. Trouble is developed golf elbow. Any suggestions folks

Show comments (1)
  • Photo
      11 Jul
    Macdiesel

Anyone out there wear or have worn New Balance spikes? In my opinion they make a pretty good shoe. As of late they have worked there way into the baseball scene and appears they have done quite well.

Show comments (2)
View All Updates

Recent Topics

Our Sponsors