Happy thread

Our Sponsors

So today my wife sends me a text after looking though my son's school work.  As part of his creative writing class he had to write a retirement speech.  Insights into a 12 year olds mind that made me chuckle a bit...
He retired after a career as a marine biologist after spending his grad school years caddying for his father on the PGA Tour Champions.  He discovered a shark and named it Cabinet Mouth because it opens and closes like a cabinet.  He married a woman named Kate that he met in Philly when he went for Nick Foles Street dedication.  Less than a year after marriage they had a little girl, and a year later they had triplets. Two boys and a girl...the boys were Rocco and Jamie.
Obviously he is a huge Eagles fan and more importantly is a Nick Foles fan that dates back to his first stint with the Eagles.  I at least have a grandkid named after me and with an Italian family we were bound to have at least one grandchild named Rocco.  As a bonus apparently I decided to forgo this executive thing and play some pro golf, in his mind I am better than I actually am.  
Made my day after a brutal work day in the office and gave me a few laughs.

So awesome! That’s a “write it down somewhere for years to come” kind of thing. It would be great to read it at his wedding... To Kate, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This little munchkin joined us 2 days ago! Mom and baby are doing well! Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

We now have a 3 year old 😊

We have a rant thread and a random thread, but I could not find a happy thread... until now.   I'm trying to share my excitement about being off of work for two weeks! It actually started today, so

Posted Images

So awesome! That’s a “write it down somewhere for years to come” kind of thing. It would be great to read it at his wedding... To Kate, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have already been told by SWMBO that I can’t torture him with this...ever. Unfortunately for her I never listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Love 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I'm happy I'm not as blind as I could be, +1.25 cheaters have been ordered. I have 20/20 for long distance vision.

My first day of bat training was a success. I found hanging upside down for a couple of minutes relaxing.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Just checked my trending Handicap for the next revision, via The Grint... trending to a 15!!!! So freaking stoked about it! I’ve been grinding HARD for the last year. Start with a new coach tomorrow to try and get that down even further for 2019! IMG_1146.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

34 minutes ago, No3PuttLaLa said:

Just checked my trending Handicap for the next revision, via The Grint... trending to a 15!!!! So freaking stoked about it! I’ve been grinding HARD for the last year. Start with a new coach tomorrow to try and get that down even further for 2019! IMG_1146.JPG

Nice.  I wish I could say that.  I'd be stoked, too.

• Like 1

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:cleveland-small: Halo 3h

PGF Southpaw 7W

:ping-small:  Eye 2  5-SW  or

:wilson-small: C200 5 - AW

:cleveland-small:  Oil Can 56* and 60*

:rife-putters-1:  2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Connors report card came in and he's now a straight A student, 3.97GPA, whatever that means.

• Like 7

In the bag:
Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

36 minutes ago, MattF said:

Connors report card came in and he's now a straight A student, 3.97GPA, whatever that means.

That means you should be a very proud parent! 

• Like 4

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra F Max 5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

10 hours ago, MattF said:

As was said, it means be proud of your son.   GPAs are really confusing now with all the weighting.   Kids take DE, AP, honors, and regular classes with each having a different weight,  the 1-4 scale of my youth is now a 1-5+ rating now with GPAs being reported as weighted and unweighted numbers.  Like you,  I am just proud of my daughter

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

13 hours ago, cnosil said:

As was said, it means be proud of your son.   GPAs are really confusing now with all the weighting.   Kids take DE, AP, honors, and regular classes with each having a different weight,  the 1-4 scale of my youth is now a 1-5+ rating now with GPAs being reported as weighted and unweighted numbers.  Like you,  I am just proud of my daughter

You could have stopped there for me, we don't have GPAs in Australia and I really have no clue what it's all about. Just give me an A, B, C etc or % and I'll be fine.

23 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

That means you should be a very proud parent! 

Believe me, I am.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Bag: 

2 hours ago, MattF said:

You could have stopped there for me, we don't have GPAs in Australia and I really have no clue what it's all about. Just give me an A, B, C etc or % and I'll be fine.

It is simply converting a letter grade to a number to be able to do a better job of assessing where a student really is.    adding to the difficulty is there isn't a consistent grading scale across schools.  For example, some schools consider an A a score between 90-100%; while others may consider it a score between 95-100.  

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Had an MRI of my shoulder today. Good news is that there is nothing that will need surgery, doesn't mean it isn't agonising, but there's light at the end of the tunnel.

Next stage is probably a cortisone injection which should get things settled quickly.

Hopefully I  will be back on the course in the near future. The timing has been atrocious, by Wednesday my new bag will be complete, with only my putter remaining.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Had a great day hunting quail yesterday with my friend. Our dogs are some of the best in the country and it showed with how many birds we found even found some in areas others hunted before us. Now I get to look forward to quail for a few meals.

• Like 4
On 1/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, No3PuttLaLa said:

That seems like it's some pretty good consistency, too. Do you feel like you've eliminated the big numbers? I'm still good for 1 or 2 huge numbers per round.

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

1 hour ago, MaxEntropy said:

That seems like it's some pretty good consistency, too. Do you feel like you've eliminated the big numbers? I'm still good for 1 or 2 huge numbers per round.

Definitely have a couple blowup holes. Example was yesterday's 18 I had two Doubles and one Triple. I've definitely been better at limiting those. They typically occur when I overthink my tee shot and duck hook. Then its a lot of makeup shots from there.

• Like 1

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Cortisone injection done, having no pain in my shoulder (local anaesthetic only at this stage) is a relatively strange sensation compared to recent history. Hope the cortisone does the job and I get long term relief.

One of the few benefits of working in a major hospital is being able to fit in procedures at short notice, and getting the best person to do my injection.

Now to work out a rehab/stretching program.

• Like 4

:ping-small:  G400 SFT with Aldila Xtorsion Copper Stiff
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods with Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:cobra-small: F8 4 Hybrid
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:mizuno-small: S18 Wedges 50,54,58
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

This is a Happy Thread!

Jmike plays in the PGA Champions tour with his son as his caddy

Matt’s Son Jared is an “A” student, and he got his fence up.

Peaks gets cortisone & Max is trending down!

Just catching up......Woo Hoo!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

3 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

Matt’s Son Jared is an “A” student, and he got his fence up.

His name is Connor....but thanks mate.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Bag: