TSauer

Happy thread

Was going to rant on this but it should be here. Just found out you can get a ticket in NY for excessive displays of speed. Apparently lighting the tires up at an intersection and not even coming close to the speed limit is a ticket. I argued cold tires and close to 800 hp was the cause....and the cop agreed. Time of the year for traction control on the Hellcat.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

And telling the cop my car was a giant penis on wheels made him laugh.....guessing that helped.

• Like 6

And telling the cop my car was a giant penis on wheels made him laugh.....guessing that helped.

Something I have learned is if pulled over by a female officer and she asks do you know why I pulled you over, it's not a good idea to respond--sorry, but I'm married.

• Like 7

Back in the day, I was driving my Dodge Dart Sport with slant 6 (195hp.) Yeah I know, too much power. It was late and I was on a stretch of road barely used. I decided to see how fast it would go. When the officer came up to my window and asked if I knew why he pulled me over, I said"speeding?" He said no, you turned your high beams on before I passed you. But you were doing 85. My response? HOT DAMN, THAT FAST!? he laughed said now you know how fast it will go, do the speed limit and left.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Well, after a few months of retirement I am going back to work on Monday to run the finance organization for a public company. Obviously can't say too much until it is released in an 8-k filing on Monday but myself and my family feel it is a good move for the next chapter.

Congrats it's always good to feel wanted!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I retired 6 years ago this month and I don't want to feel that wanted again.

• Like 3

First job I have ever been hired into that I didn't interview for or apply to. The Chairman of the Board called me and said name my terms. That was pretty cool and stroked the ego a lot.

• Like 6

First job I have ever been hired into that I didn't interview for or apply to. The Chairman of the Board called me and said name my terms. That was pretty cool and stroked the ego a lot.

That's cool, the interview and negotiations can be tough in both sides.

• Like 1

Hopefully it stoked the wallet as well!

• Like 1

Hopefully it stoked the wallet as well!

I did well, very well. My wife says when it comes to business dealings I am an @sshole. Turns out that is a great quality in your finance guy.

• Like 3

That's cool, the interview and negotiations can be tough in both sides.

This was one sided. I said what I wanted and they said yes so it was painless. Heck, I start on Monday and don't know where to go for my office.

• Like 2

I did well, very well. My wife says when it comes to business dealings I am an @sshole. Turns out that is a great quality in your finance guy.

Turns out being an a$$hole has its benefits lol. Being a paramedic it's partially a retirement lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Oh oh....I like my financial guy

• Like 1

As usual SWMBO's are right. Congrats again on your new role.

• Like 3

We have a rant thread and a random thread, but I could not find a happy thread... until now.

I'm trying to share my excitement about being off of work for two weeks! It actually started today, so that's 18 days without work. Woo! Got a wedding this weekend, small hiking vacation in Arkansas next week, then plenty of golf the final week. Here's to hoping it goes by real slooooow.

Go ahead. Share what you're excited about!

Happy everyday I'm able to wake up and spend time with my wife and play this great game blessed for sure.

• Like 4

Happy everyday I'm able to wake up and spend time with my wife and play this great game blessed for sure.

Every time I see disadvantaged people on the street or the news I think 'there but for the grace of God go i'. It puts a bad golf game in perspective.

• Like 3

As usual SWMBO's are right. Congrats again on your new role.

Yes they are and thanks. She told me to sign my new contract in a ski mask to make it legit.

• Like 3

Oh oh....I like my financial guy

If he is a complete d!ck then he is doing his job my advisor makes me look like Santa and my wife that loves me to death will tell you I am an @sshole.

• Like 2

If he is a complete d!ck then he is doing his job my advisor makes me look like Santa and my wife that loves me to death will tell you I am an @sshole.

My financial guy sent me an email today reminding me that my wife's birthday is Sunday! That's valuable! He (they) have been really good including the bad recession years when I was worried. We had another guy B4 then who actually lost money in boom years. Jettisoned his fat butt.

• Like 2

Well, after a few months of retirement I am going back to work on Monday to run the finance organization for a public company. Obviously can't say too much until it is released in an 8-k filing on Monday but myself and my family feel it is a good move for the next chapter.

Congrats on the job. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

• Like 1