Jump to content
TSauer

Happy thread

Recommended Posts

Not sure if this is the right thread.. but the wife talked me into buying her a newer car

Sure it’s the correct thread, you’re wife’s happy, right


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sure it’s the correct thread, you’re wife’s happy, right


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy


Yeah. I suppose it works. I don’t have to listen to the “requests” anymore. Haha.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yeah. I suppose it works. I don’t have to listen to the “requests” anymore. Haha.

Those aren’t “requests” they are subliminal demands!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those aren’t “requests” they are subliminal demands!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy


Found a rust spot on it I didn’t notice that I’m going to have to take care of. Wish I could have talked her into waiting till we moved out of the salt belt... this place is not good on vehicles.

Get to spend the next 2 weeks finding a body shop that can fix it before the rust cancer spreads. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Found a rust spot on it I didn’t notice that I’m going to have to take care of. Wish I could have talked her into waiting till we moved out of the salt belt... this place is not good on vehicles.

Get to spend the next 2 weeks finding a body shop that can fix it before the rust cancer spreads. 🤦🏼‍♂️ 🤷🏼‍♂️

Maybe wait until you move? Take your time finding a decent body shop close to your new digs?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Rickp said:


Those aren’t “requests” they are subliminal demands!


 

and the obvious answer is "yes, dear".

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe wait until you move? Take your time finding a decent body shop close to your new digs?


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy


Yeah. My dad has a buddy that owns a body shop. Going to see if he can squeeze us in during the 3rd week of June.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Busy weekend,  so proud of this girl and all her accomplishments
 
syd1.thumb.jpg.44c897e4c86eecb8b3041f1d77c115df.jpg

Congratulations to your daughter and to her EXTREMELY Proud parents


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Busy weekend,  so proud of this girl and all her accomplishments
 
syd1.thumb.jpg.44c897e4c86eecb8b3041f1d77c115df.jpg

Awesome! Congrats!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Busy weekend,  so proud of this girl and all her accomplishments

 

syd1.thumb.jpg.44c897e4c86eecb8b3041f1d77c115df.jpg

Good work Mom & Dad!!! Congrats!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a PM from @fixyurdivot yesterday and we've worked out a day to play golf while he & the wife come down this way later this week. Got an early tee-time set up at Banbury Golf Club and I'm really looking forward to meeting him and playing my first ever round with a fellow GolfSpy!🕵️‍♀️

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the bottom of the fitting sign you'll see that it's buy one and get the remaining at half off.

So, adding that up...
Driver 50
Irons 25 (50% off)
FW/hyb 20 (50% off)
Wedges 20 (50% off)
Putter 20 (50% off)

Out the door - 135 for the entire bag top to bottom... that is an awesome deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Got a PM from [mention=81655]fixyurdivot[/mention] yesterday and we've worked out a day to play golf while he & the wife come down this way later this week. Got an early tee-time set up at Banbury Golf Club and I'm really looking forward to meeting him and playing my first ever round with a fellow GolfSpy!🕵️♀️

Have a great day guys!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I've been so envious of those folks who live within driving distance of a PGA superstore.... I imagined it as a golfers playground that would be hard to walk out of.  We had a GolfSmith open near me a few years ago but it collapsed under it's own weight and since then there hasn't been a real golf shop within a reasonable distance.

On June 1st the PGASS opened up in a former Toys R Us location and it is about a 40 minute drive from me so last night I decided to go check it out....

IMG_20190601_164038.jpg

IMG_20190601_183251.jpg

 

WOW this place is gigantic!  Biggest golf store I've ever seen...I thought that GolfSmith was big... WHOA

IMG_20190601_180716.jpg

rows and rows and rows of shoes...

IMG_20190601_164755.jpg

HOLY SMOKES!  That's a beautiful shoe but whew that's expensive..

IMG_20190601_165522.jpg

The most extensive collection of Evnroll putters I've seen in person.  Got to roll them all ... even the all black one.  🙂

IMG_20190601_165806.jpg

Mygolfspy representing !!  woo-hoo... 😉

IMG_20190601_170320.jpg

A good collection of those crazy looking Axis1 putters....rolled a couple and after the initial weird look they put a good roll on the ball.  Not cheap - around 350 or so I think but hey, if it works...

IMG_20190601_170530.jpg

Everything was out - mostly in plastic - but for some reason the Scotty's were all in a locked case.  And they weren't even the most expensive putters there!  I get it - Scotty Cameron, ooooo-ahhhhh, but c'mon...locked up?  That is a bit hubristic.  Must be a special deal they have with the OEM or something.

IMG_20190601_171038.jpgIMG_20190601_171105.jpg

Most beautiful and favorite putter I saw in the store... I think it was around 450, but man was it NICE.  The Toulon boys sure know how to make a nice flatstick.

IMG_20190601_175436.jpg

Thought this was funny....Don't tell me Tiger doesn't move the needle on apparel! If I showed up at most of the courses around me wearing this they'd tell me I couldn't play unless I have a collared shirt.  Seriously... "Novelty collar polo" hahaha; where I'm from they  call these a henley.

IMG_20190601_181746.jpgIMG_20190601_181958.jpg

Gratuitous photo of the ONE set of Ping Blueprints they had on the shelf.  
Good grief these are absolute works of art.... a beautiful club from head to toe.
Compared them to the g410 - it's obviously on the right in pic above and these are 8 irons.  That clubhead in the blueprint is tiny so it would make most everything next to it look huge.  Small and thin - a true ball strikers club.
Another thing I noticed when looking at the Ping's is they all now seem to have the screw in the toe...at least all of the newer models - even the blades. 

IMG_20190601_165259.jpgIMG_20190601_165232.jpgIMG_20190601_182357.jpgIMG_20190601_182410.jpg

The entire left had side of the store are hitting bays....at the end there were 4 'practice' bays and - as you can see - they had fitting bays and instruction bays as well.  The hitting bays just had nets (not screens like the others) but - they all had GCquad AND ... get this... a camera pointed at you and when you finish your shot the computer screen shows it on GC Quad and also shows a video of your swing.... had never seen that before.  They also had a good deal if you lived in the area - for 100.00 you could get a 1 year membership and bring your clubs and hit in the bays whenever you want year-round....I thought he also said you could rent one too but might have misunderstood.

IMG_20190601_182324.jpgIMG_20190601_182340.jpg

 

Finally....their fitting prices are fantastic!  50.00 for most everything a 40.00 for 1 hour putter fitting....with launch monitor and video... that is half of what it costs most anywhere else around me.  I'll definitely be back for that!

Hope you enjoyed the tour....all in all it is a great place.
I was disappointed in the lack of grand opening deals - shoes at "10.00 off" is not a deal... you can find most everything in there but not everything ... their putter selection was fine but other than the Toulon I didn't see another #9 in the store.  WTH?

And did I say it was big... remember how big Toys R Us stores were ?  yeah... it just keeps going back.  Hopefully they have enough business to stick around because that's a lot of real estate!

 

What a great write-up! Felt like I was there with you! So jealous!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rickp said:


Have a great day guys!


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks Rick! Banbury usually chews me up, but it is definitely a great track with lots of pretty views and well kept. Many say it is the most beautiful and best maintained non-private club around. I agree.

http://www.banburygolf.com/

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GolfSpy Stroker said:

I've been so envious of those folks who live within driving distance of a PGA superstore.... I imagined it as a golfers playground that would be hard to walk out of.  We had a GolfSmith open near me a few years ago but it collapsed under it's own weight and since then there hasn't been a real golf shop within a reasonable distance.

On June 1st the PGASS opened up in a former Toys R Us location and it is about a 40 minute drive from me so last night I decided to go check it out....

IMG_20190601_164038.jpg

IMG_20190601_183251.jpg

 

WOW this place is gigantic!  Biggest golf store I've ever seen...I thought that GolfSmith was big... WHOA

IMG_20190601_180716.jpg

rows and rows and rows of shoes...

IMG_20190601_164755.jpg

HOLY SMOKES!  That's a beautiful shoe but whew that's expensive..

IMG_20190601_165522.jpg

The most extensive collection of Evnroll putters I've seen in person.  Got to roll them all ... even the all black one.  🙂

IMG_20190601_165806.jpg

Mygolfspy representing !!  woo-hoo... 😉

IMG_20190601_170320.jpg

A good collection of those crazy looking Axis1 putters....rolled a couple and after the initial weird look they put a good roll on the ball.  Not cheap - around 350 or so I think but hey, if it works...

IMG_20190601_170530.jpg

Everything was out - mostly in plastic - but for some reason the Scotty's were all in a locked case.  And they weren't even the most expensive putters there!  I get it - Scotty Cameron, ooooo-ahhhhh, but c'mon...locked up?  That is a bit hubristic.  Must be a special deal they have with the OEM or something.

IMG_20190601_171038.jpgIMG_20190601_171105.jpg

Most beautiful and favorite putter I saw in the store... I think it was around 450, but man was it NICE.  The Toulon boys sure know how to make a nice flatstick.

IMG_20190601_175436.jpg

Thought this was funny....Don't tell me Tiger doesn't move the needle on apparel! If I showed up at most of the courses around me wearing this they'd tell me I couldn't play unless I have a collared shirt.  Seriously... "Novelty collar polo" hahaha; where I'm from they  call these a henley.

IMG_20190601_181746.jpgIMG_20190601_181958.jpg

Gratuitous photo of the ONE set of Ping Blueprints they had on the shelf.  
Good grief these are absolute works of art.... a beautiful club from head to toe.
Compared them to the g410 - it's obviously on the right in pic above and these are 8 irons.  That clubhead in the blueprint is tiny so it would make most everything next to it look huge.  Small and thin - a true ball strikers club.
Another thing I noticed when looking at the Ping's is they all now seem to have the screw in the toe...at least all of the newer models - even the blades. 

IMG_20190601_165259.jpgIMG_20190601_165232.jpgIMG_20190601_182357.jpgIMG_20190601_182410.jpg

The entire left had side of the store are hitting bays....at the end there were 4 'practice' bays and - as you can see - they had fitting bays and instruction bays as well.  The hitting bays just had nets (not screens like the others) but - they all had GCquad AND ... get this... a camera pointed at you and when you finish your shot the computer screen shows it on GC Quad and also shows a video of your swing.... had never seen that before.  They also had a good deal if you lived in the area - for 100.00 you could get a 1 year membership and bring your clubs and hit in the bays whenever you want year-round....I thought he also said you could rent one too but might have misunderstood.

IMG_20190601_182324.jpgIMG_20190601_182340.jpg

 

Finally....their fitting prices are fantastic!  50.00 for most everything a 40.00 for 1 hour putter fitting....with launch monitor and video... that is half of what it costs most anywhere else around me.  I'll definitely be back for that!

Hope you enjoyed the tour....all in all it is a great place.
I was disappointed in the lack of grand opening deals - shoes at "10.00 off" is not a deal... you can find most everything in there but not everything ... their putter selection was fine but other than the Toulon I didn't see another #9 in the store.  WTH?

And did I say it was big... remember how big Toys R Us stores were ?  yeah... it just keeps going back.  Hopefully they have enough business to stick around because that's a lot of real estate!

 

Wow - did I see 1 lefty putter in those pics??? Might be worth a trip out there. 🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Wow - did I see 1 lefty putter in those pics??? Might be worth a trip out there. 🤣

They did have a lefty section. About 50 or so with a decent variety. That part could definitely use some help..

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
They did have a lefty section. About 50 or so with a decent variety. That part could definitely use some help..

As every shop does.
It’s disappointing how us lefties get “left out”, sorry.
The 2 golf shop in our area they have little to nothing for us to really look at.
Good thing balls aren’t left and right hand we would be in big trouble.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...