TSauer

Happy thread

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Hope it’s Oak!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I'm going to make it out of oak with cedar lining for the humidor section.

• Like 2

I'm happy 52.5 hour shift is finally over.

• Like 6

Google Black Pearl Woodworks. My friend Mike runs the company and he’s DC of SOC for a large FD in S Florida. He makes a hidden drawer nightstand that is a work of art.
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 3:54 PM, tommc23 said:

My realtor advised me the third house I've put a bid on will be a yes and they are accepting my offer. Guess I need to start building a coffee table that is a humidor and maybe have a concealed pistol location in it.

Congrats - now the fun really begins. 

57 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Congrats - now the fun really begins. 

Thanks! Yes it does

I’ve found a repeatable swing. Now to convince myself not to stray from it.

It’s a nice little open stance cut shot. The “go to” as the announcers would say on The Open about 9,000 times this week.

I present a lot of loft at impact anyways, I think this is why I can scorch long irons no problem, and why I got along so well with a 8.5° Driver.

This swing I’ve found is a little trap fade. I’m sure it’s ugly, but it’s deadly accurate, and less stress on my shoulder, and back.

• Like 7

I’ve found a repeatable swing. Now to convince myself not to stray from it.

It’s a nice little open stance cut shot. The “go to” as the announcers would say on The Open about 9,000 times this week.

I present a lot of loft at impact anyways, I think this is why I can scorch long irons no problem, and why I got along so well with a 8.5° Driver.

This swing I’ve found is a little trap fade. I’m sure it’s ugly, but it’s deadly accurate, and less stress on my shoulder, and back.

That's great - I have learned to hit that shot well since my back issues and it does help. It requires less work in terms of my body. My traditional shot has been a draw so it's been harder to visualize but as Lee Trevino said you can talk to a fade but a hook doesn’t listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

That's great - I have learned to hit that shot well since my back issues and it does help. It requires less work in terms of my body. My traditional shot has been a draw so it's been harder to visualize but as Lee Trevino said you can talk to a fade but a hook doesn’t listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I set up “square” I hit draws. Worked on it for a while and started hitting big hooks. I played a fade my entire life until 2014-15.

Mr. Trevino, and more recently Mr. Holmes.. yes Mr. Slow Play Have inspired me to revert back to the fade. I try to remind myself to just play the dang thing, but always convince myself that the draw is better...

Oh well. Just need to write it on my glasses lenses or something.
  • Like 4

My son just turned 1 a week ago and I have to give a shoutout to my wife.  She does so many things for our kids including all the decorating for birthdays and such.  She really hit a home run or should I say hole in one with this latest celebration.
image.png.6555b194f0c88365bdbdb6f11137cd53.png

That’s pretty cool, she did a great job, very creative

• Like 1

Spent today on day 1 of 2 cutting down limbs and trees around my home.  It turns out when you rent a 50’ aerial lift on Friday, you can return it Monday for the price of one day.  Dad and I made a strong effort limbing up the mature Maples and Lindens.  Cutting is fun, loading the dump trailer and hauling to the town will not be nearly as much fun.

These trees were killing my gutters and roof.  Now that I’ve got some air flow and an east / west sun exposure it’ll change the entire dynamic.

1C50DF9C-D1D2-40D5-AA68-2B9B8DBED7CA.jpeg

AD4BA1CC-D085-46BB-8668-D479A6131335.jpeg

02245C46-6A5F-4462-BB85-910D7CE4BD14.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Spent 3 days walking around New York City. This is where I get to spend the next 5 days. 3B7CF8BE-10CC-412C-8962-9D0204EE2C9D.thumb.jpeg.37d95461121e59e94050f21cdff1c760.jpeg

Green Lake Maine. 

• Like 7

Any time I get to play a round with my son, it's a happy. When he says "boy that was a lot of fun!! When are we going again?" it's an ecstatic.

Wasn't too thrilled at the start when we got to the first tee and were told by the foursome in front of us that the group teeing off had a tee time 20 minutes after ours, and they had the tee time 10 minutes after us but "wouldn't hold us up too much". Um... huh? A big part of me wanted to push the issue but I decided the weather was too nice and I was there to have fun with my son so I let it go and let them tee off in front of us.

Oh and we were on their butts all day long 🤣

• Like 8

Any time I get to play a round with my son, it's a happy. When he says "boy that was a lot of fun!! When are we going again?" it's an ecstatic.
Wasn't too thrilled at the start when we got to the first tee and were told by the foursome in front of us that the group teeing off had a tee time 20 minutes after ours, and they had the tee time 10 minutes after us but "wouldn't hold us up too much". Um... huh? A big part of me wanted to push the issue but I decided the weather was too nice and I was there to have fun with my son so I let it go and let them tee off in front of us.

Your a better man than me, I am at the age where I don’t hold back much, speak my mind. Unfortunately even when I’m wrong.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

They always say that and they are always wrong

• Like 4

They always say that and they are always wrong

That’s the disclaimer because they know they are going to be slower than cow manure on a frozen field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

That’s the disclaimer because they know they are going to be slower than cow manure on a frozen field.

LOL  You've been reading too many @ole gray posts!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

LOL  You've been reading too many @ole gray posts!!!

Is there really such a thing as too many?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Rickp said:

Your a better man than me, I am at the age where I don’t hold back much, speak my mind. Unfortunately even when I’m wrong.

To be honest, I usually say something too. But I thought about it for a second or two and said "nah it's not worth starting the round out like that". It was the right choice based on how the afternoon went. By my count, the guy who commented about not holding us up must've lost at least 4 balls over the first 9 holes, two of them in the same water hazard, and seemed to be in the woods all afternoon, so y'know... karma LOL

• Like 3