TSauer

Happy thread

She looks pretty happy. A big change for her but an even bigger change for her parents!

Definitely a big change. House is oddly quiet and it is tough to walk past her room with the mostly empty shelves.
  • Like 2

Got tracking info for my Guyson refinished ISI’s from Ping. They will be here Wednesday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yea!! Pics

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Moved my daughter into her dorm for he freshman year of college. Lots of emotions, but proud of her and excited for all the opportunities she has in front of her. Gotta get used to walking past the empty shelves in her room. Already ready for the next 3 1/2 hour drive to visit and drop off the few things that didn’t fit into the car.

IMG_0470.thumb.JPG.d7ddd73328222b8fe0450530cc5969e1.JPG

Man - I share your mixed emotions. My youngest is moving into his freshman year as well. She looks happy and I'm sure you've instilled in her what she needs for this next phase of her life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Yea!! Pics

I sure will. Can’t wait to see them myself.

• Like 1

Got tracking info for my Guyson refinished ISI’s from Ping. They will be here Wednesday!

Looking forward to seeing those. I really liked the i3+ Blades I had - the finish was indestructible. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing those. I really like the i3+ Blades I had - the finish was indestructible. 

Yup, that’s the Guyson finish. It was introduced with the i3 line. It is a shot peen finish from what I gathered. I’ve seen other sets of ISI’s done in the Guyson finish and have had the idea to get mine done for 2 years now.

Like I said in another thread, decided to send them in and have them done as a little reward for the backyard patio project I’ve been busting on. Clubs come tomorrow, patio should be finished Friday. Saturday I hope to take the ISI’s out for a round.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, deejaid said:

Yup, that’s the Guyson finish. It was introduced with the i3 line. It is a shot peen finish from what I gathered. I’ve seen other sets of ISI’s done in the Guyson finish and have had the idea to get mine done for 2 years now.

Like I said in another thread, decided to send them in and have them done as a little reward for the backyard patio project I’ve been busting on. Clubs come tomorrow, patio should be finished Friday. Saturday I hope to take the ISI’s out for a round. emoji16.png

I remember you talking about the patio project - can you post a picture when you are done? Would love to see it and I will be looking forward to hearing about your "maiden voyage" with the ISI's. I really liked the Nickel and Copper ISI's - such great clubs.  

• Like 3

I remember you talking about the patio project - can you post a picture when you are done? Would love to see it and I will be looking forward to hearing about your "maiden voyage" with the ISI's. I really liked the Nickel and Copper ISI's - such great clubs.  

I sure will post pics of the patio. Its decomposed granite with 16” pavers. It’s not complicated to build just a lot of manual labor. Had to reroute some irrigation, add new sprinkler heads, and hand dig the patio. Then shoveling and hauling 3 yards of stone wasn’t fun. Of course I wanted to do it when my wife had her vacation which just happened to be the week we hit 105* here.

As for the ISI’s, yeah, awesome clubs. I’ve had two sets of the regular stainless, one set of the copper, and one set of the oversized ISI-K. The ISI-K’s were too big and the coppers didn’t feel great but I think that was because they had the ZZ-65 shaft. I much prefer the JZ Stiff shafts with Cushin inserts which my current set has.

I never hit the nickels before. I heard they feel great but have no firsthand experience with them.

• Like 5

I sure will post pics of the patio. Its decomposed granite with 16” pavers. It’s not complicated to build just a lot of manual labor. Had to reroute some irrigation, add new sprinkler heads, and hand dig the patio. Then shoveling and hauling 3 yards of stone wasn’t fun. Of course I wanted to do it when my wife had her vacation which just happened to be the week we hit 105* here.

As for the ISI’s, yeah, awesome clubs. I’ve had two sets of the regular stainless, one set of the copper, and one set of the oversized ISI-K. The ISI-K’s were too big and the coppers didn’t feel great but I think that was because they had the ZZ-65 shaft. I much prefer the JZ Stiff shafts with Cushin inserts which my current set has.

I never hit the nickels before. I heard they feel great but have no firsthand experience with them.

I'm looking to do a similar project at my house. Like you said, not complicated but really manually intensive. Yours sounds like exactly what my wife would like; maybe next year.

The Nickel were my favorite in both look and feel and I totally agree on the JZ's - great shaft. Ping has always made great shafts - I haven't liked all of them personally but they have always paid attention to what the shaft was doing. Karsten's philosophy early on was "stiffer was better" in terms of dispersion. Whether or not that is true is up for debate but he had a plan based on his own studies. Ahead of his time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

After two weeks of arranging a lift and a trailer to haul brush, I’ve finally cleared away 6 mature Maples from my house. Don’t let anyone tell you that cutting down trees is easy work...and as far as golf goes, they’re definitely not 90% air.

The original builder and owners of the home we now live in loved trees. When we moved in, there were 16 mature maple, Linden and pine trees around the property. They severely limited sun and airflow and it was taking a toll on my shingles.

Image1566473628.099510.thumb.jpg.4bf1636c8bcb0be833c10f88db655c5b.jpg

IMG_8197.thumb.JPG.2b541cb696f0581086cce2d8d0071fb0.JPG

• Like 9

It's official I'm a home owner 
Screenshot_20190827-145714_Messages.thumb.jpg.856391858414fe3feac9370415951ed8.jpg

Yea!!!
Pups have their own yard

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Screenshot_20190827-145714_Messages.jpg

Nice - congrats! 

My son made the high school JV golf team as a freshman. Happy for him after playing only about 60 days leading up to tryouts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Congrats to him - that's quite an accomplishment.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ole gray said:

Congrats dude! emoji1319.png

Thanks OG

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Nice - congrats! 

Thanks Tony 

5 hours ago, Rickp said:

Yea!!!
Pups have their own yardemoji106.png

And a pool lol

• Like 1

Screenshot_20190827-145714_Messages.thumb.jpg.856391858414fe3feac9370415951ed8.jpg

Where is the Trackman room going?

Congrats buddy!!
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Screenshot_20190827-145714_Messages.jpg

Congratulations!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shankster said:

Where is the Trackman room going?

Congrats buddy!!

That would be the garage if I buy the neighboring lot that has a garage that no one takes care of now.

• Like 4