TSauer

Happy thread

8 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Aliens from Area 51??

I say YES!!

You are probably going to AlienCon 2019 in Dallas this weekend, right??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Playing Bayonet on Sunday, one of if not the toughest course I've played. Then 2 day tournament on Mon & Tues @ Poppy Hills. Course will be perfect as Champions tour was just there. 

• Like 3

Happy the furnace came to life and is working, but unhappy we didn't even make it through September 😯.  Who else is hearing the furnace running?

• Like 2

Happy the furnace came to life and is working, but unhappy we didn't even make it through September .  Who else is hearing the furnace running?

Almost turned ours on today. The wind yesterday and today made high 50's very chilly. The bigger issue is the cart - we need a new enclosure so going to do some on line price comparisons.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Who else is hearing the furnace running?

Not yet, give it a few more weeks.

Happy the furnace came to life and is working, but unhappy we didn't even make it through September .  Who else is hearing the furnace running?

We have the opposite, A/C never shuts off.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Haha 2

Almost turned ours on today. The wind yesterday and today made high 50's very chilly. The bigger issue is the cart - we need a new enclosure so going to do some on line price comparisons.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Soft or hard cover?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Soft or hard cover?

Soft - we've had pretty good success with this:. https://www.extremekartz.com/golf-cart-enclosures-80-color-matched/

After 5 years of near constant use it finally started to looked a bit tired. Still functional but ugly - so going to get a new one. We have the 80" top so this one covers the back seat and the bags. 

• Like 2

Soft - we've had pretty good success with this:. https://www.extremekartz.com/golf-cart-enclosures-80-color-matched/
After 5 years of near constant use it finally started to looked a bit tired. Still functional but ugly - so going to get a new one. We have the 80" top so this one covers the back seat and the bags. 

Looks pretty good, price reasonable.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:01 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Happy the furnace came to life and is working, but unhappy we didn't even make it through September 😯.  Who else is hearing the furnace running?

We turned it on for a couple of days last week, but it's been off over this last weekend.  However, tomorrow night the low is supposed to be in the 20's.  Fall is in the air!!

🍂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

We turned it on for a couple of days last week, but it's been off over this last weekend.  However, tomorrow night the low is supposed to be in the 20's.  Fall is in the air!!

20’ in FL nobody would stick their heads outside. 50’ is cutoff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

🍂

that isn't fall; that is winter!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

So I was ready to post in the Got Problems thread this week with the fact that I would be unemployed by year end. Now that was with a grain of salt as I would be walking away with a payout that was not a rounding error but still had to find another job. Yesterday I got offered a promotion, a little extra coin and still the financial protection of my contract to move into a GM role. I was told to go home and talk to my family about it And then decide what I wanted to do. Family is supportive and I guess I am moving out of being a finance guy to a GM.

On a better note I watched my son play his fourth game as a center on the O line and he found his mean steak for the second week in a row. A little extra curricular activity that he held his own in and five rushing touchdowns with his line on the field. After the game I told him played angry and he said “yep, the kids in trying to hit my QB were @ssholes and my goal was to protect my man.” At 13 he gets it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on 2 fronts. From what I can tell from your posts you’ll do fine as a GM, good decision.
2nd, I like your boys attitude

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

So I was ready to post in the Got Problems thread this week with the fact that I would be unemployed by year end. Now that was with a grain of salt as I would be walking away with a payout that was not a rounding error but still had to find another job. Yesterday I got offered a promotion, a little extra coin and still the financial protection of my contract to move into a GM role. I was told to go home and talk to my family about it And then decide what I wanted to do. Family is supportive and I guess I am moving out of being a finance guy to a GM.

On a better note I watched my son play his fourth game as a center on the O line and he found his mean steak for the second week in a row. A little extra curricular activity that he held his own in and five rushing touchdowns with his line on the field. After the game I told him played angry and he said “yep, the kids in trying to hit my QB were @ssholes and my goal was to protect my man.” At 13 he gets it.

NICE!!!  and good job on the promotion too!  😃

Does this mean a move or do you get to stay where you are?

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Jmikecpa said:

Congratulations mate!

• Like 2

NICE!!!  and good job on the promotion too!  
Does this mean a move or do you get to stay where you are?

I will be staying where I am for at least the next 9-12 months. Hoping to get closer to home at some point after that.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Jmikecpa said:

I will be staying where I am for at least the next 9-12 months. Hoping to get closer to home at some point after that.

That would be the trifecta: promotion, more money and closer to home

Electricity was turned off on a Tuesday night and finally restored to our house yesterday afternoon. The little things in life like being able to run a coffee maker in the morning. That’s what I’m happy about!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 6