TSauer

Happy thread

Our Sponsors

So, I have a happy. My twin brother is "marrying" his partner next May and I was asked if I'd be going. The answer was no as we are hopefully going back to visit February 2021 for our 50th and I can't really afford it.

However, my mother said she will pay for my airfare to attend, so I'll be flying home to Sydney for about 6 days in May. This will be 11 years since I've been on my home soil and I hope to spend some time with my daughters while I'm there.
Awesome, I'll be there in July for my daughter's"Australian"wedding.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 3

Got to tell a car dealer where to go today after he kindly told me that I don't understand how finance and numbers work when buying a car.  I may not have gone to the best MBA program in the country but I went to one that was good enough to tell me when I was getting screwed by a kid in a cheap wash and wear suit.  Made me happy today and it was even more priceless getting a call when I was two minutes out of the dealership from his "manager" when he saw I left in a Hellcat.

I hate the car buying 'experience'. I wish those guys nothing but the worst.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Me too and that is why I am just keeping my Lincoln and will more than likely run it into the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I thought the same thing until my wife told me that her oldest brother was a platinum Hyundai salesman.  However, she always told people that were going to his dealership to leave their checkbook and spare keys at home!!  She never bought a car from him... the "family discount" was MSRP +10%.  😂

• Like 3

She never bought a car from him... the "family discount" was MSRP +10%.  

I'd expect no less for that "family discount"
  • Like 1

I'd expect no less for that "family discount"

Sounds about right for a car salesman. I am sure there are some great honest ones out there but I have yet to meet one. This experience quickly killed my want for a new truck and I am back to a need basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I"m happy today because I found a great gift for my wife for Christmas.  

We're at the point in our lives where we don't need anymore "stuff."  My wife likes one gift under the tree, but it's always a challenge to come up with something special for her.  I think If found the gift for this year.   

Edited by alfriday101
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, alfriday101 said:

I"m happy today because I found a great gift for my wife for Christmas.  

We're at the point in our lives where we don't need anymore "stuff."  My wife likes one gift under the tree, but it's always a challenge to come up with something special for her.  I think If found the gift for this year.   

And you're not going to tell us? 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

And you're not going to tell us? 😂

Reminds me of a story when I was in Ohio on a business trip just before Christmas.  My boss and a couple of our buddies came back to the hotel from dinner one night, and we walked into the lounge.  They just started a lingerie show where the models (from Columbus, I think) walked around among the crowd and people bid on the lingerie.  We didn't bid, but the the views were pretty good.  Then a model came out wearing a sweatshirt.  My boss bid on it and got it for his wife.  To this day, I don't think she knows A. that he picked it over lingerie, or B. that it had been worn!!

• Like 4

I got her a set of 4 espresso cups and saucers.  Exciting!  Right?    

Back story:  About 30 years ago we bought Cafe Richard espresso cups on a trip to Paris.  She loved the cups.  Over the years we managed to break all of them.  The company changed the design of the cups a few years after we got ours and the original design was discontinued so I wasn't able to replace them. My wife did not like the new design.  We've looked for replacements every time we've been to Paris.  They must have come out with new ones in the original design in the last year and a half.  I found them on-line.  I don't think she knows the original design is now available.  

• Like 5

I got her a set of 4 espresso cups and saucers.  Exciting!  Right?    

Back story:  About 30 years ago we bought Cafe Richard espresso cups on a trip to Paris.  She loved the cups.  Over the years we managed to break all of them.  The company changed the design of the cups a few years after we got ours and the original design was discontinued so I wasn't able to replace them. My wife did not like the new design.  We've looked for replacements every time we've been to Paris.  They must have come out with new ones in the original design in the last year and a half.  I found them on-line.  I don't think she knows the original design is now available.  

Now that's a thoughtful gift.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

Now that's a thoughtful gift.

I ordered my wife an Old Macdonald hat from Bandon Dunes.  She bought one when we were at Bandon Dunes 10 years ago, and the Old Macdonald course was just being built.  She loves that hat, but after 10 years it's looking rather shabby.  

Of course, now that she will have a new OM hat, we HAVE to go back to play the course, right??

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

I ordered my wife an Old Macdonald hat from Bandon Dunes.  She bought one when we were at Bandon Dunes 10 years ago, and the Old Macdonald course was just being built.  She loves that hat, but after 10 years it's looking rather shabby.  

Of course, now that she will have a new OM hat, we HAVE to go back to play the course, right??

You definitely need to, it is the most unique course I have ever seen. Truly one of a kind. 

• Like 2

Of course! ROAD TRIP!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 4

IMG_1869.thumb.JPG.dd2b7ea7e21e84e9aac3871d3cda7f3a.JPGIMG_1870.thumb.JPG.383ddc5c58e0ca5fe5f97d50541f9999.JPGIMG_1871.thumb.JPG.cdbea0cb75b7ab00842857745c2d275c.JPG

Watching the lift off for the Boeing Starliner rocket. Soon it will carry astronauts to the space station.

What a way to start the day.

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

IMG_1869.thumb.JPG.dd2b7ea7e21e84e9aac3871d3cda7f3a.JPGIMG_1870.thumb.JPG.383ddc5c58e0ca5fe5f97d50541f9999.JPGIMG_1871.thumb.JPG.cdbea0cb75b7ab00842857745c2d275c.JPG

Watching the lift off for the Boeing Starliner rocket. Soon it will carry astronauts to the space station.

That's really cool that you can see it from your house. 

• Like 3

That was awesome this morning. I didn’t know about the launch until this morning. I was watching Fox News B4 leaving for “Bacon Boys 9” and they showed the count down so I went outside and there it was. Really cool

• Like 2