TSauer

Happy thread

I am happy because I just finished packing my bags for a two day golf trip to Orlando.  SWMBO is not so thrilled that Day 2 of the trip is our 16th wedding anniversary so thinking this trip may cost me a few shekels.

I must admit that I admire your "brass ones" going on a golf trip on your anniversary.   In such circumstance, it would never enter my mind to go.  

Have to add...I pooped again today! B)

And it was nothing like the other night, no screaming and crying but it was still quite painful. Laid down in a hot bath afterwards, took an oxy and it's settling down.

TMI I know, but I'm happy.

Not TMI for me. We're potty training my oldest right now and every poop turns into a dance party celebration

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 5

Have to add...I pooped again today! B)

And it was nothing like the other night, no screaming and crying but it was still quite painful. Laid down in a hot bath afterwards, took an oxy and it's settling down.

TMI I know, but I'm happy.

I'm glad to see that you have moved (pun intended) from the Rant Thread to the Happy Thread.  Progress!!

• Like 6

I'd say more than a few mate.

Nah, I have done a great job of setting the bar low for my wife's expectations of me :)

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 8

Nah, I have done a great job of setting the bar low for my wife's expectations of me :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  I needed that today, thank you!

• Like 1

You should be a life coach, this is the most-solid advice I've ever read!

• Like 2

The rain held off enough to make the hike to one of the best views in the Ozarks. 10/10, would recommend.

attachicon.gifIMG_0223.JPG

What an awesome view - thx for sharing

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wish you told me that 50 years ago when I got married!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I will use this advice for when I get married lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Step One: Find a girl willing to lower her standards

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

I shot myself in the foot standards wise...I'm now just a disappointment. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

The rain held off enough to make the hike to one of the best views in the Ozarks. 10/10, would recommend.

attachicon.gifIMG_0223.JPG

That's a phenomenal view...and picture.  How was it taken, by drone?  or someone else in your party. Either way, incredible. 

• Like 1

That's a phenomenal view...and picture. How was it taken, by drone? or someone else in your party. Either way, incredible.

My gf actually took the picture. She hiked back a little ways where there was a slight opening. The view was absolutely stunning! The Ozarks are very underrated and I wish you could see it through my eyes, the picture doesn't even do it justice.

• Like 3

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success,  I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model.  This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario.   Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points.  Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later.  However, two factors must be considered.   First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life.  So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date.  Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her.   While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course.  Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.  

• Like 3

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success,  I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model.  This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario.   Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points.  Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later.  However, two factors must be considered.   First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life.  So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date.  Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her.   While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course.  Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.  

In my case that means my wife and I head to the golf course.  If we are not on the golf course for our anniversary, then neither of us are happy.  We met on the golf course, I proposed on the 1st tee, and we got married on the 1st tee; said I DO and turned around and teed off.  Everyone played until we dropped.  

• Like 6

While I totally understand your approach and congratulate you on your success, I must admit that I still use the "happy wife, happy life" model. This model incorporates the "domestic points" scenario. Therefore, one must be skilled with the ability to determine what actions result in those points. Using the Anniversary for example, if I forgo a golfing opportunity to be there on such occasion, it results in high value points to be cashed later. However, two factors must be considered. First, one must make sure that she is aware of your sacrifice and second, it must be understood that points have a shelf life. So it is important to cash them before they expire, therefore it is critical that one knows the expiration date. Another example, we obtained season tickets to the Raven games so she can take a family member or friend to the game with her. While she's at the game, I'm free to go to the course. Additionally, with this approach, the points continue or are renewed every couple of weeks or so.

Solid logic. I used your Ravens example for my country club. Beach club for her and golf for me. I often get told I am not playing enough golf. That is the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 3

In my case that means my wife and I head to the golf course.  If we are not on the golf course for our anniversary, then neither of us are happy.  We met on the golf course, I proposed on the 1st tee, and we got married on the 1st tee; said I DO and turned around and teed off.  Everyone played until we dropped.  

... That might be the most romantic thing I have ever read. Sure there are those that think romance is flowers, dancing, an extravagant dinner, jewelry, etc. But when both parties are on the same page about golf and marriage I cannot find the words to describe just how impressive that is. You Da Man and Woman! 

• Like 3

... That might be the most romantic thing I have ever read. Sure there are those that think romance is flowers, dancing, an extravagant dinner, jewelry, etc. But when both parties are on the same page about golf and marriage I cannot find the words to describe just how impressive that is. You Da Man and Woman! 

It really is, but we do have our differences on the course.  OK, I'm an engineer... retired.  My wife is an artist... photography, but she will disagree.  She says she is a lab rat.  What works for me, doesn't seem to work for her, and there is no way I can do some of the things she does!  But we both like to play, and our vacations are planned based on courses to play and certainly the weather.  Two weeks in Palm Springs in January coming up.

• Like 2